Air Freight Costs and Companies.. any advice?

Hi there

Anyone got any recent experience of air freight. We've asked DHL and Singapore Airlines so far and Singapre is cheaper at the moment but need to go back and understand exactly what you're paying for. Also have recent bad experience of DHL not delivering something in Oz so loathed to go there again.

Any help gratefully received. We live relatively near Heathrow so could in theory take a box there but to be honest, we've so much else to do would rather it got picked up from home.

Roughly how long does airfreight take? If we sent the box a week before us would that be too early?

Can't believe we are still sending stuff after all the shippers took!!

Thanks all!

TNR

Guest siamsusie

Have your tried Freedomhttp://www.freedom-shipping.com/

I have used them in the past and I found them to be excellent.

Susie

Hi,

I've recently shipped a 30kg box using Transglobal Express (I think I took the UPS quote) and found the service really good. Box was picked up as they said on the Monday from South East England and delievered to our hotel in Melbourne on the friday - they dealt with the customs and everything.

I would use them again.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I've recently shipped a 30kg box using Transglobal Express (I think I took the UPS quote) and found the service really good. Box was picked up as they said on the Monday from South East England and delievered to our hotel in Melbourne on the friday - they dealt with the customs and everything.

I would use them again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, helped me!

Got a great quote!

Gill x

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Did the cost of your quote include all custom charges? I'm looking to ship 2/3 tea chest sized boxes out to Sydney and am seeing varying conditions on quotes I'm getting at the moment so would be good to know what yours included.

Olly

Archived