help;- what do to with my daughter

Guest kirijonz

Guest kirijonz

Hi, my husband and I are hopefully moving to Perth by the end of this year 2011. However we daughter who is currently in y12 will be 18 and inyear 13 when we leave in december.She aspires to study law in uni. So we were wondering;

a. is it good that we move her just before she finishes her a levels?

b. if we do what year or education wise were would she be?

All help will be highly valued at this moment !

No, whatever you do, dont move her before she has done her A levels! That doesnt bear thinking about - her age cohort will already have their year 12 results so she wouldnt be in school but have to negotiate conversions for her AS levels and run the risk of being significantly disadvantaged whilst picking up more subjects and cobbling together some sort of score.

A levels travel quite well to Aus and she could end up needing lower grades for equivalent courses but she will still need to do very well as Law usually has very high cut off scores. She also then has the option of looking at both UK and Aus unis to see which ones better meet her needs and interests.

She must be allowed to finish her A levels in the UK otherwise she will enter Oz with the best part of bugger all that means anything in Oz. She will take her exams in May and June so you are only talking 6/7 months separation, I assume she is taking exams in 2012.

I have just gone through this but in our case we split the family up for 18 months to ensure our son was able to continue his A levels in the UK. All finished now and we travel out to be reunited on August 1st. Was it worth it? Ask me when we get the results.

Mamba

Guest mandi1971

Yes defo let her stay and finish her exams.my daughters doing her GCSE's so she's gonna come for a holiday and validate her visa,then return to stay with family while she finishes school.

It's not the best situation to be in so I feel for you,but it's only a few months,it gives you time to settle in OZ,and have everything sorted for her return xx

Guest Wildred12

I think that's very hard decision to make. I think you should delay first your plan of moving. It's not easy to find another school with the same standards. You should hang on a little bit and wait until everything goes well.

Archived