State/Territory Sponsorship for ANZSCO CODE: 262113 - Systems Administrator

jyotikhtr

looks latest - is this IELTS score over all or per module - can't figure out from teh PDF though?

It does not matter as you need to have at least 7 bands in each section in order to get 10 points (out of 65) for 176 Visa.

Regards,

Jyoti

• 4 weeks later...
Anurag Thanks

I will have to do the IELTS and try and get an overall 8 - was it hard and tips on preparing ?

Again Thanks for the response

B

IELTS is tricky (especially listening) rather tough I felt and that is why I have decided not to try again. Prepare well for writing because I don't know what they expect from the candidate (english is not my first language) and I got lowest in writing only.

If you are a system admin like me working with clients across geographies then it shouldn't be a big problem....I had taken a short crash course though to understand the examination format but it didn't help much. On the examination day, it was original me :)

One thing which I can say really helped me to boost my confidence was the IELTS IDP study material which I got after registering for the examination. Not sure which country you are in but in India I got study material within 4 days after the registration and had enough time to go through all the sample tests.

Last thing which I always do for any important task was that I hired a taxi on the examination day to avoid driving fatigue and keep my cool (cool mind...very much required for the listening test) !!! ;-)

Good luck !

• 3 months later...
Guest Mir Ali

Please anurag chaudary I would talk to you Regrads G*L*O*B*A*L (VISA) I am try with GV ,

which is best for me, please suggest me

Regards

Mir Athar Ali

ali_athar111@yahoo.com

Thanks for your wishes buddy !

I have changed it to ANZSCO 262113(Systems Administrator).

I had appled for Systems Analyst first but they said my profile matches 262113.

I didn't find them valuable in my case...if you are not confident that you can manage alone then you may like to try them....they generally don't act unless you pay full amount....what code you are applying for...?

Please anurag chaudary I would talk to you Regrads G*L*O*B*A*L (VISA) I am try with GV ,

which is best for me, please suggest me

Regards

Mir Athar Ali

ali_athar111@yahoo.com

I didn't find them valuable in my case...if you are not confident that you can manage alone then you may like to try them....they generally don't act unless you pay full amount....what code you are applying for...?

Mr Ali,

I would recommend keeping your hands off from Global Visa, they are good for nothing. To be honest, I met several consultants and they all were dumb. Still, if you have decided to have go with an immigration consultant try http://24x7x365hrworldwide.com/

Regards.

• 1 month later...
IELTS is tricky (especially listening) rather tough I felt and that is why I have decided not to try again. Prepare well for writing because I don't know what they expect from the candidate (english is not my first language) and I got lowest in writing only.If you are a system admin like me working with clients across geographies then it shouldn't be a big problem....I had taken a short crash course though to understand the examination format but it didn't help much. On the examination day, it was original me :)One thing which I can say really helped me to boost my confidence was the IELTS IDP study material which I got after registering for the examination. Not sure which country you are in but in India I got study material within 4 days after the registration and had enough time to go through all the sample tests.Last thing which I always do for any important task was that I hired a taxi on the examination day to avoid driving fatigue and keep my cool (cool mind...very much required for the listening test) !!! ;-)Good luck !

Hi Anurag,

I have got positive assessment from ACS for ANZSCO Code 262113 (System Administrator). Today I also got the IELTS score. I have got the following scores.L:7.5; R:8.5; W:6.5; S:8; Overall Band Score: 7.5.

I am very disappointed that I did not get a score of 7 in the writing section. Although I am quite confident of the writing test, but I am still falling short by 0.5 mark.I am told that one needs to have minimum score of 7 in all the 4 sections and they do not look at the overall Band score. So in my case even though my score in all the 3 modules have been 7+, however the writing has been the lowest at 6.5. Do I have to re-take the test in order to be eligible for applying for state sponsorship?

I see that even you had got 6.5 in written module so I am finding myself in the same situation as you were.What is your current status? Have you applied for the state sponsorship already or planning to give the IELTS test again? I look forward to some guidance from this community as I am completely disappointed with the result and now I feel that I might not be able to make it in time since I guess the rules are changing from 1st July 2012, isn't it?

Regards,

JBB

Hi Anurag,

I have got positive assessment from ACS for ANZSCO Code 262113 (System Administrator). Today I also got the IELTS score. I have got the following scores.L:7.5; R:8.5; W:6.5; S:8; Overall Band Score: 7.5.

I am very disappointed that I did not get a score of 7 in the writing section. Although I am quite confident of the writing test, but I am still falling short by 0.5 mark.I am told that one needs to have minimum score of 7 in all the 4 sections and they do not look at the overall Band score. So in my case even though my score in all the 3 modules have been 7+, however the writing has been the lowest at 6.5. Do I have to re-take the test in order to be eligible for applying for state sponsorship?

I see that even you had got 6.5 in written module so I am finding myself in the same situation as you were.What is your current status? Have you applied for the state sponsorship already or planning to give the IELTS test again? I look forward to some guidance from this community as I am completely disappointed with the result and now I feel that I might not be able to make it in time since I guess the rules are changing from 1st July 2012, isn't it?

Regards,

JBB

Hi,

Check the state eligible list. I am sure you need 7 and above in all four modules.

Please refer to http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/applyonline/skilled/planning_level_status.php

JBB

Dear JBB - with 6.5 in written I still had few options but I would have to show huge money in my bank for maintenance as per AUS states’ rules. So I decided to write the exam again and scored minimum 7 in all. Didn’t prepare anything new, last time I stick to the minimum words limits despite having nearly 15 mins left –my mistake, thought exceeding too many words may go negative but I was wrong. In second attempt, I just kept writing sheets & sheets until time is over. I started with second module first but do plan to keep atleast 15 minutes for the 1st module also. I got everything done, NSW sponsorship, filed 176, medical & PCC done in advance – just awaiting for a case officer to be allocated !

Yes, rules are changing so you got to act NOW !!!

By the time you wait for IELTS result make sure you complete all paper work for the state sponsorship. The NSW govt replied to my application pretty quick. I sent them all optional documents also so they need not to ask me again that delivered the quick result.

Good Luck !

Dear JBB - with 6.5 in written I still had few options but I would have to show huge money in my bank for maintenance as per AUS states’ rules. So I decided to write the exam again and scored minimum 7 in all. Didn’t prepare anything new, last time I stick to the minimum words limits despite having nearly 15 mins left –my mistake, thought exceeding too many words may go negative but I was wrong. In second attempt, I just kept writing sheets & sheets until time is over. I started with second module first but do plan to keep atleast 15 minutes for the 1st module also. I got everything done, NSW sponsorship, filed 176, medical & PCC done in advance – just awaiting for a case officer to be allocated !

Yes, rules are changing so you got to act NOW !!!

By the time you wait for IELTS result make sure you complete all paper work for the state sponsorship. The NSW govt replied to my application pretty quick. I sent them all optional documents also so they need not to ask me again that delivered the quick result.

Good Luck !

Hello Anurag,

Thank you for replying! I have been informed by Abhinav, that Northern Territory does accept overall score of 7 and above which means I can apply for state sponsorship for NT. They look for average score of 7 or more and speaking must be above 7, however I have 8 in speaking so I do qualify. http://www.australiasnorthernterritory.com.au/visa/territory/subclass176.html The link has more info on that.

My concern is should I go ahead with the sponsorship of NT or wait and give the IELTS test again. If I wait for the IELTS test (the test dates for May are only available right now, April is closed), then I will not make it in time to apply and be considered in the old rules. I would surely then fall under the new rules that kick in from 1st July 2012.

What would your suggestion be keeping my current situation in mind? I have got skills in supporting and managing Microsoft Exchange Servers and have got ACS approval for ANZSCO Code 262113 (System Administrator).

Do you by any chance have a gmail account? If yes, then I would like to add you to my chat list. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

JBB

Hello Anurag,

Thank you for replying! I have been informed by Abhinav, that Northern Territory does accept overall score of 7 and above which means I can apply for state sponsorship for NT. They look for average score of 7 or more and speaking must be above 7, however I have 8 in speaking so I do qualify. http://www.australiasnorthernterritory.com.au/visa/territory/subclass176.html The link has more info on that.

My concern is should I go ahead with the sponsorship of NT or wait and give the IELTS test again. If I wait for the IELTS test (the test dates for May are only available right now, April is closed), then I will not make it in time to apply and be considered in the old rules. I would surely then fall under the new rules that kick in from 1st July 2012.

What would your suggestion be keeping my current situation in mind? I have got skills in supporting and managing Microsoft Exchange Servers and have got ACS approval for ANZSCO Code 262113 (System Administrator).

Do you by any chance have a gmail account? If yes, then I would like to add you to my chat list. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

JBB

As I mentioned earlier other options may require you to show some savings like in case of NT they say that you need to "demonstrate you have the required financial capacity to settle in the Northern Territory (any support networks you have in the Northern Territory will be taken into account) " - go through their website for complete information:[TABLE]

[TR]

[TH=align: left]Family Composition[/TH]

[TH=align: left][/TH]

[TH=align: left]Minimum Value of Net Assets[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Individual Applicant[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]AUD 35,000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Applicant + Spouse[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]AUD 50,000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Applicant + Spouse + 1 Child[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]AUD 60,000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Applicant + Spouse + 2 Children[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]AUD 65,000[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

If you meet all requirements and confident to find a job in NT then there is no reason to delay it further...

Archived