New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Hi Friends

I am not active on this forum but regular follower. My brief story is i applied in july 2008 under FS176 as my sister is in Australia. While waiting like all of us have gone through lot of changes in life. I am currently in Canada with PR. I have to go to Australia for family reasons so my ask is your advice on following scenario.

I was in Melbourne for 2 weeks for cricket world cup and met well known Immigration Lawyer and she has told me my application's current situation is uncertain so the best thing is to get state sponsor visa and give IELTS again and i have chance to speed up.

Please give me your advise as i trust all of your opinion here as we all value what we have gone through over the years.

Thanks

TR

If you are serious about moving to OZ, are eligible for state sponsorship and have the funds to apply again and sit IELTS, then definitely go for it. the 176 situation is uncertain, don't know when or if we will be processed.

I am hopeful because there is nothing else i can do, i would have gladly spent more money on applying again because you can always earn more money but you can't get many chances and time spent is time gone! But my profession is not on the list that allows independent visa application and not on any state sponsorship list so my only chance/hope is to wait. I would have given up on 176 long ago if I could have....

If you can, then do it.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are serious about moving to OZ, are eligible for state sponsorship and have the funds to apply again and sit IELTS, then definitely go for it. the 176 situation is uncertain, don't know when or if we will be processed.

I am hopeful because there is nothing else i can do, i would have gladly spent more money on applying again because you can always earn more money but you can't get many chances and time spent is time gone! But my profession is not on the list that allows independent visa application and not on any state sponsorship list so my only chance/hope is to wait. I would have given up on 176 long ago if I could have....

If you can, then do it.

Can you apply state sponsorship for your old application? I do not think so. Once I tried to do that. That Particular state mentioned that old applicants are not eligible for state sponsorships

[TABLE=width: 590]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Migration Alliance[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Hello,

This is a notification to inform you that there is a new blog posted on the site.

5725_MA.jpg

Posted by
Migration Alliance
on Thursday, April 2, 2015
A message has been received from, Innovation, Trade and Investment, Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development Directorat, as follows:

"As of 5 pm AEST tomorrow Friday 3 April 2015, the ACT is closing applications for the Skilled Nominated Visa (190) from all overseas residents due to reaching our 2014-15 numbers . The ACT Government will continue to process applications from ACT residents.

Acceptance of overseas applications, will recommence on 1 July 2015."

Sure, No chance for 176 and 886

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I bet there will no visa placed allocated for a single 886/176 in this financial year based on the statement below:

"The Migration Programme planning level for the Skilled Nominated category now has limited number of places left for the 2014-15 programme year."

DIBP wants us to give up.

But we won't give up.

Can you apply state sponsorship for your old application? I do not think so. Once I tried to do that. That Particular state mentioned that old applicants are not eligible for state sponsorships

I think you are talking about converting our existing 176 FS to 176 SS. what i meant was that you have to apply again altogether, forgeting the old 176 application, apply for assessment, state sponsorship from states that do offer them (the link you posted shows only ACT having no qouta till June 2015, will open again in July) sit IELTS apply on Skillselect i guess under 190 visa or whatever option still remaining.

I would have, if i could.....

Hi, one of my friends applied August 31 496 got CO. That means it is the end of 496, confirmed.

Hi Mr. Rahul i am 496 applied August 30, 2007 but still no CO yet, which means 496 is still not finish yet..

Sigmaz, do check with your agent if u have used one, he might be sitting on it.

Yes that's what i am about to do, I am starting to get worried because many 496 already are given CO's and granted visas while i still don't have mine specially when an August 31 applicant had his CO already :(

Hi, I Applied via agent that's why i don't have an immi account, i only call them if i make a followup...

I also applied through an agent but do have an immi account. You need to create a login on immi website using a TRN number.

I think you are talking about converting our existing 176 FS to 176 SS. what i meant was that you have to apply again altogether, forgeting the old 176 application, apply for assessment, state sponsorship from states that do offer them (the link you posted shows only ACT having no qouta till June 2015, will open again in July) sit IELTS apply on Skillselect i guess under 190 visa or whatever option still remaining.

I would have, if i could.....

100% agree with you. I am also in the same boat

sigmaz why dont u ask your agent to check and to inquire. I again confirm Aug 31, application has recd CO.

Hi Rahul, I already made a followup with my agent i told them that an august 31 496 applicant already got a CO. I urged my agent to inquire with DIBP my application status and why i was skipped?

Archived