now its gonna get scary

paulhug

Hi guys it ages since i've been on here. Mainly because, although there is loads of support and advice, no-one seemed to be going through the same as us. Because we are applying down the Business Owner route. Which meant, initially, before even applying for the Visa we had to get sponsorship from the Queensland Government.

We got a letter today confirming that they would sponsor us:wubclub:.

We started the process in February but now its gonna get scary........

How has anyone thats already emigrated decided on where to live????????

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi paulhug

Welcome back. I can't help with your query but I'm sure that lots of others can and will answer you.

Cheers

Gill

Congratulations on the letter confirming they will sponsor you...... oh and welcome back. :)

We are not there yet but we are heading to Cairns hopefully Trinity Beach. They say with Cairns expanding like it is its a good place to be for new businesses, would like to set up a business myself dont know what though.

:jiggy:

Best wishes

kaye

Guest UK2Perth

Hya congrats on the letter saying they will sponsor you, great news! My OH moved to Perth in July, I hope to join him early next year when I have sold my house and sorted out the dog to be exported. Good Luck with everything... where were you thinking of moving to, any ideas?

Jo

Hi,

Congratulations on the confirmation of sponsorship...hope you celebrated in style!

We are off to Brisbane tomorrow for 2 weeks to check out areas to live, work etc before we head off later this year or early next (if someone will buy my house!!, oh yeah and we ever get the visa!)

I've done loads of research online to try and narrow down a few areas using price houses, school info, family activites, work etc. Now I've done that it's time to go and see it in the flesh! Also people on here are so helpful with any info they have on places they've been/lived on Oz, so ask away.

Good luck with the visa

Lou

I'd just like to say to everyone that has replied,,,,thanks, its a really good community here and i will be checking back regularly now we have our sponsorship.We are just finding it difficult deciding, where, in Queensland to start off. From research on the web, i really fancy, Buderim,Maroochydore,Mooloolaba areas in the Sunshine coast, but i think i better just go and have a look for a couple of weeks.

We have 2 children, Tom (9) and Jess (6) we obviously want good schools and a nice area to live in. We also have to look for a business. We are looking to buy a Childcare centre, as Anne, my wife, is a teacher and this was what she wanted to do. I am a mere property developer and our agent reckoned Queensland is full of "property developers" if you know what i mean.

So if anyone knows of any Childcare centres for sale!!!!!

Jo, Even smaller if they lived on Holland House Farm (which is were we lived)

Ali

It is a small world....i built some bungalows just off Allerton rd, which is just across from Holland House and sold another house to someone who lived on Holland House.

Archived