175 visa cost with spouse

Hiya,

my fiance and i are planning our move over to Oz, after back from a year on WHV, we decided we like it enough to move permanently.

I have a quick question regarding the cost of the 175 visa. Might be a dumb one but still want to double check lol!

He is a QS and i unfortunately don't hold any qualifaction listed on sol list, (though will have a Honours Degree by the time we aim to move)

The plan is for him to be the main applicant and me as spouse.

is the cost per visa or per applicant. ...ie from immi.gov.au it says:

The 1st instalment of the Visa Application Charge must be paid at the time of application.

The 2nd instalment of the Visa Application Charge for dependents aged 18 years or over with less than functional English must be paid before the visa is granted.

Skilled - Independent (Migrant) visa (subclass 175)

Charge Type Charge Amount 1st instalment

$2575 2nd instalment

$3575

so does that make the visa cost $6150 or is it $6150 per person named?

:confused: thanks

The second installment only applies to dependents over the age of 18 with less than functional english. It does not apply to the main applicant and doesn't apply to the secondary applicant if they can be assumed to have functional english (e.g. they have a British passport) or can show they have functional english on an IELTS test (unfortunately I'm not sure what grade functional english is - probably about 5.0). The visa cost for a couple can therefore be just $2575.

Although on 1st July 2011 its going up 15%, so will be $2961 from then (the one payment, for both of you :) ) as long as you don't need to pay the second instalment because of lack of English of you (although if you are doing a degree here, I would doubt that would be the case! :) ).

Archived