Family Sponsored 176- Where are you now?

jimithechew

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JandLeen
FYI:

Applied in end of oct 2010 for family sponsored VF176. Got CO today.

Congrats on getting you CO! Do you mind me asking what team of case officers you have? :spinny:

Congratulation you must be ecstatic.

If this progress continues who knows June-11 submissions may get co by Nov / dec-11

Fingures crossed.

Good luck everyone.:wink:

Could you explain your reply with more details and more time line? thanks in advance:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Could you explain your reply with more details and more time line? thanks in advance:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Hi I'll try my best.

If you go to the below link you will see information stating that a co should have been assigned to people who applied for a visa before a given date (currently August-10 for cat 4's). Apprx a month ago this was saying Jun-10. Therefore if this rate continues i.e 2 months worth of applications assigned for every month that passes then this would mean that people who lodged in June should get a co by apprx December-11.

Again there are no gurantees that this rate will continue or not but so far so good! As Previous post indicated they recently got a co and they applied Oct-10. Fingures crossed

Hi I'll try my best.

If you go to the below link you will see information stating that a co should have been assigned to people who applied for a visa before a given date (currently August-10 for cat 4's). Apprx a month ago this was saying Jun-10. Therefore if this rate continues i.e 2 months worth of applications assigned for every month that passes then this would mean that people who lodged in June should get a co by apprx December-11.

Again there are no gurantees that this rate will continue or not but so far so good! As Previous post indicated they recently got a co and they applied Oct-10. Fingures crossed

nice one, was going to do the maths myself but never got round to it, hopefully it does keep going at the current rate!:biggrin:

Guest JandLeen

I think they are a lot further cos a jan '11 applicant (family sponsor) just got their case officer. The posted on '176 relative sponsored gang' thread :) im feeling really hopeful that they get to feb applicants soon !

I think they are a lot further cos a jan '11 applicant (family sponsor) just got their case officer. The posted on '176 relative sponsored gang' thread :) im feeling really hopeful that they get to feb applicants soon !

Ya i hope so JandLeen. They will move to feb 2011 very soon. :idea:

Joining this thread, had medicals today, didnt realise it takes about 6 months to be assigned CO. Oh well, least they're done now... Going to do PCC next week, then all docs will be in, and there will be nothing to do but WAIT!!!!

Joining this thread, had medicals today, didnt realise it takes about 6 months to be assigned CO. Oh well, least they're done now... Going to do PCC next week, then all docs will be in, and there will be nothing to do but WAIT!!!!

Plenty of the gang now to enjoy the wait with. Keep the faith

Welcome to the long waiting list.:SLEEP::SLEEP::SLEEP:

Thanks for the welcomes, wish they hadn't change the priority group for the 176 family sponsored, want to be a 3 not a 4 lol! I am optimistic though that we wont have to wait a whole year for a CO, but 6 months at the most. From some of the fast timelines I saw here for the 176, I gathered we would have our visa in like 3 months but actually that is only for the 175 state sponsored, which is in priority group 3. So have already had our medicals eeek... From another really useful reply here, you have 12 months from the date of your medicals or police clearance certificate to arrive in Aus. So we will hopefully be there this time next year (that's a nice thought!). I really hope that's the case, I do not want to have to pay another £640 or possibly more for more medicals!!!

The new rules done make it any easier to get a 175 (independent) vs 176 (family sponsored). Seems unfair doesnt it?

We live in faith that someone gets a CO soon, cause once that happens, provided you have submited all docs, you are nearly there!!!

Guest mysticg

hi all

Lodged 176 family sponsored e-visa offshore on 2 feb 2011 after getting positive assessment in november 2010. Haven't gone for medicals yet. CO awaiting.

Checking link on immigration website everyday..still says 26 august 2010..:-((

Guest Chandana

Hi All,

Things are stand still,not moving. Co's assigned for whom lodged the applications before 26th August 2010 according to the DIAC site.

:err:

Archived