Family Sponsored 176- Where are you now?

jimithechew

Hi Steve

There are different teams (4 I think) who each deal with a batch of applications and it would seem that some teams are faster than others. Things seem to move very quick when you hear from a CO though, we heard from ours on 7th December,were requested to do medicals and police checks. We had these done straight away and were granted our visa on 9th January. Your time will come :)

Thanks for that... I'm sure you know what it's like!!!!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nicheru
Hi,

I'm somewhat confused after reading the posts on here. We lodged our 176 on June 28th 2011. Not heard a peep since (which I gather is normal) but from browsing here, quite a few people have received a CO and/or been granted a visa from a similar date.

Hi steve,

I also lodged my 176 application last June 28 and still waiting for CO. Hope we will hear from them soon. :)

Guest Doc Googles

Hi

Lodged 9th or 10th of June, have you got a CO yet?

Hey JTC,

I'm still patiently waiting on a CO. Clearly, at least one of the CO Teams were up to 9th or 10th June before Christmas. I'm guessing Christmas and Summer Hols have slowed things down considerably. I expect to hear from DIAC anyday now. Everythng was frontloaded so it should be straightforward ......

Guest Doc Googles
Hi steve,

I also lodged my 176 application last June 28 and still waiting for CO. Hope we will hear from them soon. :)

Hi Nicheru and Steve,

JTC lodged his Jun 10 2011 and had CO early Dec. I lodged Jun 16 and no CO yet - I assume it will be soon. You guys might even get a CO before me. I ll keep you posted.

DC

This is our first time on the forum. Have been checking your post for a wile now waiting our turn. Good news today got our CO. Next step Meds & Police checks.:wink:

Vitasses Carpenter 11-4-11, 176 FS lodged 23-6-11, CO 16-1-12………:biggrin:

Hey JTC,

I'm still patiently waiting on a CO. Clearly, at least one of the CO Teams were up to 9th or 10th June before Christmas. I'm guessing Christmas and Summer Hols have slowed things down considerably. I expect to hear from DIAC anyday now. Everythng was frontloaded so it should be straightforward ......

Hi Mate,

I had A CO form 'Team 2' not sure if teams have different time frames (if that makes sense!) i.e is team 2 a faster team the say 'team 6'?!?!

Not sure what I'm on about!

Keep me posted!

JTC

Guest breilly
This is our first time on the forum. Have been checking your post for a wile now waiting our turn. Good news today got our CO. Next step Meds & Police checks.:wink:

Congratulations:biggrin:

Fantastic news !!! Looks like things could be on the move again.

Congrats, talk about keeping under the radar!

Guest Doc Googles

Hi Johno71,

Well done ! I applied Jun 16, the week before you, and Im waiting patiently.

Do you know what team your CO is in ?

DC

Morning everyone

We got our visa grant yday! Feels so surreal! We are all so happy and mega excited for our adventure!

Now the mind has started asking itself a million and one questions!......Where do we start? What do we do? How can my partner get a job for when we get there? How much money would we need to start off? Should we just up and go or should we holiday first? Sell or rent the house?

Any advice would be so so so helpful for my panicking mind!

Thanks everyone for all your support ?

Guest Doc Googles

Hi All,

I ve just picked up an e-mail from CO in team 4. All requirements have been met with 1 exception which requires further checking.

As I'm in Oz I have been instructed to book a flight out of the country to get my visa granted.

DC

Guest Doc Googles
Morning everyone

We got our visa grant yday! Feels so surreal! We are all so happy and mega excited for our adventure!

Now the mind has started asking itself a million and one questions!......Where do we start? What do we do? How can my partner get a job for when we get there? How much money would we need to start off? Should we just up and go or should we holiday first? Sell or rent the house?

Thanks everyone for all your support ?

Hi Artetanville,

I've been in Oz 3 years and came over on my own from Dublin. Despite the reputation for being laid back the Aussies work hard so I'd recommend a good holiday on your Way over! I think enough money for 3 months is a good amount to keep you going until you get jobs. Plus, money for rental bond and the first month upfront !

If you don't have a car when you get here - check out Flexicar and GoGet. These are car shares and you rent by the hour !!!

Good luck

DC

Guest Doc Googles

I think a have actually got my Visa. I have a pre-grant letter from Team 4.

Does this mean once I fly out to an overseas embassy and then return I have the visa ?

Hi All,

I ve just picked up an e-mail from CO in team 4. All requirements have been met with 1 exception which requires further checking.

As I'm in Oz I have been instructed to book a flight out of the country to get my visa granted.

DC

Nice one.:wink:

Where are you in Melbourne? My brother is in Point Cook so fingers crossed we’ll be heading that way.

Carpenter 11-4-11, 176 FS lodged 23-6-11, CO 16-1-12...............

Meds now booked Tue 24th. Police checks posted. :policeman:Its all go again.................:biggrin:

Morning everyone

Thanks everyone for all your support 

Congratulations. :rolleyes:You must be over the moon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rakeshpatel

Hi Daeria,

Congrats.

On which date of june you applied , from which country you are ?

De-lurking to say... VISA GRANTED!!

:jiggy:

Woops! Try again....

CO assigned today, I'm over the moon :biggrin: however getting married at the end of the year so changing my surname and will need a new passport. Waiting to see what CO says about this, I hope it's straight forward!

I think you have to fill out a form 929, and enclose a new certified copy of the bio page of the new passport?

Guest Rakeshpatel

Guys Got CO Today

176 FS - 24-June-2011

Status - ABPF

Got Team 2 CO Email and requested -

Exp Certificates &

Birth Certificate for me ,my wife & my sponsor Bro.

Guest Rakeshpatel

Got CO and requested Birth certificates.

Now Question - None of us have any Birth Certificates.

We submitted school leaving certificates. (may be this will work in me and my wife case)

But in my sponsor brother case they requested only Birth Certificate.

Guy please reply what to do to get BirthCertificate in India.

if it will work without birth certificate.

Can any body provide me Work experience Certificate Sample 'Analayst Programmer'

Archived