Family Sponsored 176- Where are you now?

jimithechew

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you receive an email from DIAC when you receive a CO as I applied for my 176 end of June 2011 and still have not heard anything??:nah:

Yes you do, I woke up one morning and looked at my phone, scrolling through my emails and there is was! sticks out like a sore thumb! you should get a CO any day.

(I'm in Team 2, My CO is on the ball, updates everything I send him within hours! hope my meds are ok!!!!!)

If I were you I would get your police checks ready to send off! And Form 80 if you have not already done it!!!

Good Luck!!

Guest roxychick176
Hi Guys

New to this, can't find the signature line option so here's my timeline:

Jan 2011 IELTS/March 2011 AISTL/176 lodged 3rd June 2011/7th Dec 2011 CO (requested medicals and police check)

:biggrin:

Visa granted today!

Jan 2011 IELTS/March 2011 AISTL/176 lodged 3rd June 2011/7th Dec 2011 CO (requested medicals and police check) - Visa granted 9th Jan 2012.

That was a pretty quick process...6 months in total. Good luck to all of you that are still waiting :)

Visa granted today!

Jan 2011 IELTS/March 2011 AISTL/176 lodged 3rd June 2011/7th Dec 2011 CO (requested medicals and police check) - Visa granted 9th Jan 2012.

That was a pretty quick process...6 months in total. Good luck to all of you that are still waiting :)

Congratulations!

Have you already made any plans or does it all start now?

Guest Doc Googles
Visa Granted today!!!!!:wink::biggrin::cool:

7 months to the day since it was lodged![/quote

Hi Jimmithechew - what date in June did u lodge your application .?

I lodged mine Jun 16.

Do we know of anyone who lodged after this date getting a CO or even have their visa granted ?

Guest roxychick176

Visa granted today!

Congratulations!

Have you already made any plans or does it all start now?

Thank you... We're starting to make plans now. Need to arrange a holiday let for a few months while we're looking for something more permanent...waiting to hear from IOM regarding concessionary fares...need to sell cars...give notice to work...it's all so exciting but my head's spinning! Heading to Adelaide as soon as possible :)

Thank you... We're starting to make plans now. Need to arrange a holiday let for a few months while we're looking for something more permanent...waiting to hear from IOM regarding concessionary fares...need to sell cars...give notice to work...it's all so exciting but my head's spinning! Heading to Adelaide as soon as possible :)

Hiya roxychick176

Can you let me know what they say about your fares?

I was wondering how much discount they give for one way tickets! Ahh How mad does that sound!

Once again congrats ?

Visa Granted today!!!!!:wink::biggrin::cool:

7 months to the day since it was lodged![/quote

Hi Jimmithechew - what date in June did u lodge your application .?

I lodged mine Jun 16.

Do we know of anyone who lodged after this date getting a CO or even have their visa granted ?

Hi

Lodged 9th or 10th of June, have you got a CO yet?

Guest lavache

Hi

Lodged 9th or 10th of June, have you got a CO yet?

First I should say big Congratulations, then if u could help us ?

Did you get check by your CO ( ex: work experience) or you get direct visa grant?

First I should say big Congratulations, then if u could help us ?

Did you get check by your CO ( ex: work experience) or you get direct visa grant?

Hi,

Your message is a little confusing, I was asked to do meds, PCC's and FORM 80. (Thus I didn't get a direct grant) I had loads of points when I originally applied, so when I got a CO he dismissed my extra work exp as it wasn't needed.

Hope that helps!

Regards

JTC

Hi Steve

We lodged our 176 family sponsored visa on 25 th June. I am checking my emails regularly hoping we will hear from them soon.

I will keep you posted.

Lucy

Guest roxychick176
Hi,

I'm somewhat confused after reading the posts on here. We lodged our 176 on June 28th 2011. Not heard a peep since (which I gather is normal) but from browsing here, quite a few people have received a CO and/or been granted a visa from a similar date.

Hi Steve

There are different teams (4 I think) who each deal with a batch of applications and it would seem that some teams are faster than others. Things seem to move very quick when you hear from a CO though, we heard from ours on 7th December,were requested to do medicals and police checks. We had these done straight away and were granted our visa on 9th January. Your time will come :)

Archived