anyone repeating their ielts test, belfast

THE HULLS

Hi guys, while I was doing my IELTS AT QUEENS in Belfast on 19TH May i chatted to a few people. Just wondering if any of you guys are on this forum and do You need to repeat...:sad:. Unfortunately I have to. just a band of my reading and .5 of my writing!!! And i got a 9 in speaking and listening test... Money scam if you ask me...Must admit i was v v upset when i got my certificate with the results.

So i have to repeat now and next date isn,t until end of July!!! . So another wait...

Any advice and a chat would be great..:biggrin:..

Guest chesters01

hi ya im now looking to book my IELTS test ans just wondered how difficult it actually is. Could you tell me please how much it actually costs. thanks

Hiya, chesters01. The test costs 115 in uk.. Where you planning on doin it?

I would recommend getting a few test papers and books as it is tricky... As you will see.

You doing the academic or general. the academic is harder.

Regards Thehulls.

Hi guys, while I was doing my IELTS AT QUEENS in Belfast on 19TH May i chatted to a few people. Just wondering if any of you guys are on this forum and do You need to repeat...:sad:. Unfortunately I have to. just a band of my reading and .5 of my writing!!! And i got a 9 in speaking and listening test... Money scam if you ask me...Must admit i was v v upset when i got my certificate with the results.

So i have to repeat now and next date isn,t until end of July!!! . So another wait...

Hey,

I did mine in Dublin earlier this year and am thinking I am going to have to repeat it too. I got 7.5 in my listening and looks like I'll be applying after the July changes so need to get at least all 8's to get the extra points. Dublin is booked up til mid July too :(

Just wondering if you do repeat and freakishly do worse can you still use the 1st set of results if you want?

Thanks, Cara

Guest robnnic

Hi guys, i have passed now but had to repeat it. Some bloke kept asking questions and was off putting in my first exam so i got it for free, not to bad but still nerving. i would recommend you go to you tube and search for ielts....my second exam i was on this all the time and got 7.5 reading, 8.5 writing,8.5 listening and 9 speaking (think if your english you get 9 straight off so don't worry about this...i didn't say enough, he kept egging me on to say more but that made my mind go blank)

So just practice and you will be fine.:hug:

Hi guys, i have passed now but had to repeat it. Some bloke kept asking questions and was off putting in my first exam so i got it for free, not to bad but still nerving. i would recommend you go to you tube and search for ielts....my second exam i was on this all the time and got 7.5 reading, 8.5 writing,8.5 listening and 9 speaking (think if your english you get 9 straight off so don't worry about this...i didn't say enough, he kept egging me on to say more but that made my mind go blank)

So just practice and you will be fine.:hug:

yea i got 9 in my speaking too :biggrin: and the lady kept signaling to keep talking but i actually ran out of things to say and I thought i did terrible in that part!

Cara... do you know i actually don,t know if you can use the first ielts results

Wonder if anyone could ans this???? I know come 1st July it all changes. I,ll need an 8 to be honest to gain xtra points...Its just not easy is it?????:frown:

Hey, For my first IELTS which was academic I got 7 and Later I took the GT and I needed to score minimum 7 in all module and I did except one and that was for the speaking module. Honestly I felt I did very good even though I had a very weird topic to talk about. So when I got my report I immediately asked for remarking and last sunday I got my result and the grade was increased from 6.5 to 7. So if anyone who thinks they did very good in the writing and speaking module but the score wasn't what you expected, I suggest you ask for remarking but don't if your grade is too bad :biggrin:

Cara... do you know i actually don,t know if you can use the first ielts results

Wonder if anyone could ans this???? I know come 1st July it all changes. I,ll need an 8 to be honest to gain xtra points...Its just not easy is it?????:frown:

I'll email the IELTS test center I went to and ask them if they know, I'll let you when i hear back!

Yea I know, think I may need to repeat for extra points too now seen as my skills assesment is taking so long I won't be able to apply for the visa before July :unsure:

Got this reply today from IELTS

Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 17:28:29 +0000

> Subject: IELTS Query

> To:

> From: ielts@alc.ucd.ie

>

> Dear Cara,

>

> Thank you for your email.

>

> Yes, your first set of results will still be valid for any applications

> you make.

> Unfortunately it is not possible to repeat individual components of the

> IELTS examination.

So that's good incase you do worse than the 1st time :laugh: I won't be as nervous so now!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Hey, For my first IELTS which was academic I got 7 and Later I took the GT and I needed to score minimum 7 in all module and I did except one and that was for the speaking module. Honestly I felt I did very good even though I had a very weird topic to talk about. So when I got my report I immediately asked for remarking and last sunday I got my result and the grade was increased from 6.5 to 7. So if anyone who thinks they did very good in the writing and speaking module but the score wasn't what you expected, I suggest you ask for remarking but don't if your grade is too bad :biggrin:

heya, how long did it take for the remark to come back... thanks linda:biggrin:

Archived