Recommend me your airline.....

Guest Stella and Phil

Guest Stella and Phil

Hi Ladies & Gents,

Our 457 visa has been approved and we're planning on flying to Perth the 1st week in July with our 2.5year old and our 10month old.

We flew Cathay Pacific for our recce in April and they were brilliant service & entertainment wise, but the seats were soooooo uncomfortable! So thought we might aswell try another airline for this journey. Our wishlist is: comfier seats, individual t.v's with a good selection of entertainment, free food & drink, and a bassinet for our littley.

Any recommendations please?

Guest siamsusie

For me Stella and Phil,

It has to be Singapore every time followed by Emirates.

Susie x

Singapore Airlines always gets my vote. Great airline. And Changi airport for a changeover of a few hours or refuel is a great place for kids to run some energy off.

We've flown Qantas/BA also to Aus before. Japan Airlines were good but overnight layover in Tokyo drags it out a lot.

Guest guest37336

Singapore without a doubt. Great service, great aircraft, and the loveliest looking lady stewardesses employed within ANY airline.:yes:

Below you will see what I mean, class, professional and do their job to the highest of standards.

Cheers Tony.

singapore1215093469_0172276x430.jpg

singapore1215093469_0172276x430.jpg

Guest SunshineSmile

Then its got to be Singapore Airlines..

They tick all your wish boxes..

Hotel in the sky, bloody fab. We had a smashing flight on the A380 airbus and the selection of entertainment kept me occupied the whole trip (everyone else was fast asleep, I couldnt sleep :wideeyed:I was too excited)

There were bassinets in certain seats and babies all slept peacefully in them, no crying disgruntled smallies, makes for happy Mums and Dads and fellow passengers :yes:

I indulged in a Singapore Sling or two and the menu gave you a choice..the food was lovely and real cutlery.

In my opinion I would always try to pay the extra to fly Singapore Airlines, well worth it for such a long flight. Oh and Singapore airport is the business, we were able to get showers there for a few dollars... very welcomed I can tell you.

Steph

Am I entitled to commission for my complimentary post I wonder!

Guest guest36187

Air new Zealand is also very good. We flew to oz via states as we hd extra baggage allowance

Guest Anya

Singapore Air or Etihad. I've personally not used Etihad but have heard excellent reports from loads of people that used them.

Guest Stella and Phil

Thank you very much everyone.

Singapore are, unbelievably, coming out with the cheapest flights, so I was suspicious of how good they could be :wink:

However, I'm really reassured now! OOOOOOOooooo can't wait to book! :biglaugh::notworthy:

Thanks again!!

Guest guest37336

Singapore are, unbelievably, coming out with the cheapest flights, so I was suspicious of how good they could be :wink:

However, I'm really reassured now! OOOOOOOooooo can't wait to book! :biglaugh::notworthy:

Thanks again!!

Hi Stella and Phil.

Funny that, that is often way the booking system works, but at others they will be the most expensive, or very samey price wise.:goofy:

I will say this though, even if Singy were a couple of hundred quid more expensive I would tend to stick with them, I don't think you will be disappointed, that is of course if fiancees allow.

Cheers Tony.

Guest Stella and Phil

Thanks Tony, I'm just searching to find the cheapest place to buy now....:biggrin:

I should probably clarify this is just Stella posting too - Phil wouldn't be at all happy at me screeching ''OOOOOOOOOooooooo'' under his name!! :biglaugh:

Thanks again!!

When we booked Austravel came out a tad cheaper than booking direct with Singapore, so may be worth checking before booking,, i thought it was absurb when hubby said it was cheaper to book with them than direct as like you they had given me the cheapest quote, but he was right and it saved a few more pounds for when we got here,lol.

Lots of luck with everything

Cal x

For us it has to be Malaysian all the time. Mainly due to the fact that we like to stop over in Malaysia and have a break there. It is always one of the better priced too. The service is always great, but sometimes the food is a bit strange, but hay, it is local lol.

They are great with kids and could not do enough for our two the last time we went with them.

Guest Stella and Phil
When we booked Austravel came out a tad cheaper than booking direct with Singapore, so may be worth checking before booking,, i thought it was absurb when hubby said it was cheaper to book with them than direct as like you they had given me the cheapest quote, but he was right and it saved a few more pounds for when we got here,lol.

Lots of luck with everything

Cal x

Thank you! I used TravelUp for our flights last time and they saved us about £600! :jiggy:

Singapore hands down. And you get to stop at Changi, which is pretty much the best place to stop in the world.

BA has always been great for me (guess I've been lucky), but had some issues with Qantas on several occasions.

Partner has flown Malaysian and says they're fine.

AirNZ are good, but haven't flown with them since 2004 so can't comment on recent service.

Emirates generally gets good reviews, though personally I'm been put off by horror stories of people being arrested at Dubai airport for having a poppy seed on their lapel from eating a bread roll in Heathrow.

Reviews would indicate Etihad has gone downhill in the past few years.

And Cathay, who's stupid idea were those seats. Will personally avoid like the plague since I get sore back from normal airline seats let alone ones that make you bend funny with no support.

Guest morrissey

in order

singapore

BA

Emirates..

all equally good especially in economy

and parley cross maybe the reason ppl dont use BA or Quantas is because in my experience maTE.. they always seem to be a few hundred more than other airlines mentioned..

BA especially

Guest morrissey

doesnt mean they havent had any issues with their planes though.. they had to ground a lot last year didnt they? and have had some scares this year.

Guest siamsusie

Travelling Qantas for me is purgatory interstate let alone overseas.

Skywest are far superior imo.

Aeroflot v BA, then give me the latter!

Singapore has it totally right, good consistent service.

doesnt mean they havent had any issues with their planes though.. they had to ground a lot last year didnt they? and have had some scares this year.

Yes they have had problems with their planes. They had to ground their fleet of A380 due poorly manufactured Rolls Royce engines. There have been other minor engine problems, plus a panel blowing out. Their in-flight service is rubbish and their pilots are not too happy at the moment. It is still 60 years since they had a passenger fatality and long may that continue.

Archived