So which movies have you watched recently?

Guest Anya

Guest Anya

I just watched:

The King's Speech (brilliant)

Inception (I need to watch it a second time without my kids interrupting me. It is a bit of a blur...lol)

Rio (brilliant for kids!)

Plan to see these next week:

Fast Five

Green Hornet

What about you? Any recommendations?

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I love the Harry Potter films and the Twighlight ones as well i have read the books, which i wouldn't advise, they are great, but knowing what happens before you watch the film, isn't a good thing.

Lost two hours of our lives last weekend watching SALT - Angelina Jolie film that looks a harmless spy type thing - complete and utter tosh (and I usually like tosh), really miss those two hours now and am sulking at the waste of time. Oh well, if I can advise anyone else not to do the same, perhaps it won't be completely in vain lol

Guest Anya

Thought of another one - Just Go With It. A light comedy with Jennifer Aniston, will let you know how that one goes.

Guest morrissey

i watched the girl with the dragon tattoo again last night as well as Swingers..

swingers is one of the all time classics

and the girl with the dragon tattoo is good too..

Guest Anya

Just finished watching 'Just go with it'...tis ok to pass time.

But the best I've seen by far is the King's Speech. I'm still trying to figure out Inception...lol

Guest Anya

ok - I am a sucker for old classics with some of my favourite actors being Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn.

So here goes:

Charade

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Funny Face

Sabrina

Roman Holiday

omg - can watch them over and over again!

Guest morrissey

angels with dirty faces

early horror films

i love watching films.. i think going to the cinema is one of my fav things to do

Guest Anya
angels with dirty faces

early horror films

i love watching films.. i think going to the cinema is one of my fav things to do

Aaaaah, horror films. Seen Psycho? I watched with the mute on...lol

Am a bit of a wimp...

Guest morrissey

i watched shutter island the other day.. utter balls i have to say and saw it coming from about 10 mins in as well and i never look for plot twists lol i think it spoils the films!!

anya good calls there i really like old gangster films.. angels with dirty faces

Guest morrissey

lol sorry for repeating meself there..

ahh anya nowt wrong with not liking horrors.. i dont like the newer ones that are all gore etc.. i like proper scary films though that rely on building suspense..

and yeah psycho is real quality.. even the remake was good :)

Guest Anya
lol sorry for repeating meself there..

ahh anya nowt wrong with not liking horrors.. i dont like the newer ones that are all gore etc.. i like proper scary films though that rely on building suspense..

and yeah psycho is real quality.. even the remake was good :)

I enjoy watching horror movies but i watch it a bit differently, like with the mute on ;-)

Will go through my collection and let you know of some more. I loved most of Hitchcock's.

Did you see the Black Swan? I have the movie, apparently very good but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

Guest Anya
I went to see Source code ..last week really good ! though it took me a few minutes to get the ending :) the penny dropped after a while though !

Watched it last night and loved it! A definite 'recommend' to those that haven't seen it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Going The Distance .......Drew Barrymore ......MA 15 S3xy and seriously funny .......i dont often watch films like this but this i can relate to ......made me laugh also made me cry (the hoff wont like that ) some funny stuff on this movie ..........a romantic comedy with strong s3xual references .........btw its a weekly dvd

just watched xmen and hangover 2... more of the same.

One of my closest friends is actually very, very close to james mcavoy (or mackie as he's called to his mates!). Goes down and stays with him and his mrs all the time!

I quite like my foreign films though, if you get a chance, watch oldboy, and infernal affairs. (old boy is korean, and infernal affairs is the original japanese version of the martin scorsese flick, the departed...)

Also, watched unforgiven again... I absolutly love that film. Clint and morgan, classic oscar winning cowboy yarn.

Not really got much time to watch more films currently, as everythings getting boxed up.

Might download some more at some time, to watch on the plane....

Archived