Education Costs

Gazbaz1

Morning

Can anyone help me with the costs of education. If we were to move out to Oz we would be looking at Brisbane. I know that their are state schools, Home schooling and private.

We would be wanting to send our children to state school, is their a cost implication for this, if so what are the costs?

Thank you

Morning

Can anyone help me with the costs of education. If we were to move out to Oz we would be looking at Brisbane. I know that their are state schools, Home schooling and private.

We would be wanting to send our children to state school, is their a cost implication for this, if so what are the costs?

Thank you

Hi ... We are in the Bayside area of Brisbane and my son attends the local state school. We pay around $150 a year on books, pencils, stationary etc from a list given to us prior to each new school year. I have to say our booklist appears to be the most expensive as friends of ours generally pay between $100 and $130. We also pay a termly fee for trips, religious program and inter school sport transport etc ... This varies in cost but for example, this term's cost $70.

Morning

Thank you

What visa would you be on?

On a 457 via you have to pay an additional fee of around 4K per year per child - as free school education is not part of your visa. Only PR visa holders pay the low $150-200 a year fee (you will have to pay this as well as the 4K).

On a 457 via you have to pay an additional fee of around 4K per year per child - as free school education is not part of your visa. Only PR visa holders pay the low $150-200 a year fee (you will have to pay this as well as the 4K).

Yeah, sorry to the OP - meant to refer to this on mine but got called away in middle of message and then it went clean out of my head! Must be my age :twitcy:

This is NOT the case, you will only pay what Myrtle has said in her original message. It's really not helpful to post this sort of false information.

Only NSW and the ACT have these additional charges for 457 visa holders.

Love

Rudi

x

Archived