457 sponsorship jobs - Assistance required

Guest MongooseB

Guest MongooseB

Hi,

I am a qualified tradesman looking for a 457 visa sponsorship job. If anyone can assist with advice or contacts to potential employers or links, I'd be glad to hear from you.

What is the best way of finding such employment?

Thanks

Guest siamsusie

Hi Mongoose,

If you could be a bit more specific about your requirements, state etc...then we can direct you to some appropriate links hopefully.

Best wishes

Susie x

Guest MongooseB
Hi Mongoose,

If you could be a bit more specific about your requirements, state etc...then we can direct you to some appropriate links hopefully.

Best wishes

Susie x

Hi Susie,

I am a qualified Fitter & Turner, with a 17th Edition Electrical Certificate. I am 45 years of age which is why I am looking for 457 sponsorship.

I am particularly looking at WA but would be open to any other state if the company was prepared to sponsor the visa.

Thank you for your reply, I look forward to hearing from you if you have links to assist me.

Regards

James

i rememeber when i initially started looking into this, there was a whole load of australian expo's in the UK.

try http://www.expo-australia.com/

there shouldbe dates in and around the UK. There will be companies from oz there, and you can speak directly to them.

Best to have your CV etc with you, so you can hand out. Plus you might want to fill in a lot of applications.

I'm in a totally different trade (IT) so not sure if this will be 100% perfect for you. Hopefully it may provide a starting point...

• 1 year later...
Guest karthik
i rememeber when i initially started looking into this, there was a whole load of australian expo's in the UK.

try http://www.expo-australia.com/

there shouldbe dates in and around the UK. There will be companies from oz there, and you can speak directly to them.

Best to have your CV etc with you, so you can hand out. Plus you might want to fill in a lot of applications.

I'm in a totally different trade (IT) so not sure if this will be 100% perfect for you. Hopefully it may provide a starting point...

Hi Susie

Im in the process of applying for the Australian PR and Im also looking to apply for WA sponsorship.Please let me know if you can refer me some where for carrer opportunites? My profile is Business Analyst in Banking

Regards

Karthik

Hey James, I've just arrived in Perth on a sponsored visa, and we used a recruitment agency who is recruiting for the mining companies. Perth is predominantly centered around the mining industry and they reckon (newspapers) that mining will account for practically 50% of all work in Aus. That was according to last weeks paper. There is good money in the mines and they need all sorts of trades. I'll send you more info if you think this might interest you. Its expensive here, mind, cos the mines are well paid the prices go up. Typical.

Dave.

• 3 months later...

Hi

I am a qualified social worker (mental health) in the UK. I am just waiting for my qualifications to be assessed. I want to apply for a 457 visa. My question is how difficult will it be to get a sponsor? Ideally we would like live and work in Perth. I see from another post the advice was to go to an expo and make lots of applications to employers. How have other people gained sponsorship or is this the way forward?

Any advice would be good :-)

Thanks

I don't think I qualified to say who would sponsor, but you could try contacting all the facilities that you would likely work in and ask. Send your cv to them and hopefor the best. Mining is very big here, can be difficult to get in and quite uncomfortable conditions, heat bugs snakes spiders and floods. Worth it for the money though.

Archived