beach v swimming pool

Guest alanmarybella

Guest Mallam

When you first get there it is beach everytime for a month or two, then it is the pool every time for most folk I have noticed..

You realise i now looking for rentals without a pool, i feel too awkward inviting pals over for weekend. :eek:

Yes - particularly when they turn up travelling 'light' and then get undressed at the front door....:yes:

• 2 months later...
Guest tandcmum

I think I would prefer a pool. I love the beach but do get fed up of sand getting everywhere after a while and if its breezy i can't be bothered with sand flvking everywhere. I like to paddle in the ocean but don't swim in it due to a bad expereince geting trapped under a wave and nearly drowning as a child. I think moving up to Townsville I'll be too scared to swim in th ocean cos of the stingers and sharks etc anyway but the rock pools and stuff i would go in.

I would love my own pool in the garden, being able to go for an early mornng or a late night dip anytime would just be awesome

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Both for me, a nice pool for a daily swim and the beach and warm sea for surfing ................. heaven.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hatton

I love the beach to walk on in the evening....but sitting on it when you are hot and sticky with sand sticking to your layers of sun tan lotion is not my idea of fun.....

I love the beach to walk on in the evening....but sitting on it when you are hot and sticky with sand sticking to your layers of sun tan lotion is not my idea of fun.....

Beach every time. There are houses with pools, close to the beach and the rent doesn't seem a lot less than houses without pools. There is the extra cost, in time & money, of maintenance with a pool.

All the pools I've seen haven't really been big enough to have a proper swim in. They tend to be for the kids to splash around in or to jump in and cool off. If I lived up in the hills or further away than say 20mins by car from the beach I would probably have a pool. It would have to be a 25m minimum lap pool though.

I can't figure the people who go to the beach and just sit there sunbaking Hatton. You see heaps of holidaymakers (and others) just go down the beach and sit there all day with their suncream on and don't go near the sea. Most are too busy talking on their mobiles or listening to their i-pods. That would bore me stiff. My wife is for ever telling me to sit still for a bit when we are down the beach. There is always something to do there. My surf ski and board are in the surf club and there are always other people down there keen for a swim. You can go on a long swim at the beach and not think about turning every 25 or 50 m. The water temperature is great in the summer for months. There are waves some of the time which you can have a lot of fun with. There is also the option of going for a run if you get bored.

We have some friends with a pretty big pool very close to the beach and they hardly use it. He says it a pain in the a*** keeping it clean.

I guess a lot of the time it depends on how good a swimmer you are too and how happy and comfortable you are at being in the sea.

Beach every time for me. Pools are great for kids and for a quick cool off.

Guest guest30038

[quote=Paul1Perth;1144391

Beach every time for me. Pools are great for kids and for a quick cool off.

And when the kids are in bed........................great for a skinny dip with the missus :wink:

Guest Hatton
I agree, its really nice to walk in the evening in the warm beach! Love that idea!

We walk all the time on the beach in Cornwall and take a bottle of wine and a rug 2 or 3 days a week, it is deserted where we walk and is just heaven,,,,and FREE :jiggy:

Guest Anne from Melbourne

go for the beach. A pool is pain to maintain and costly to heat and would only be used for a few weeks a year. Abeach is great for walking both you and the dog, fantastic on those really hot nights to go swimming in the sea and great in winter for long refreshing walks.

The aspect is that living near the beach you tend to get the sea breeze in the afternoon/evening which can take the edge off hot weather. I lived near the beach in melbourne before moving to the UK a month ago.

Hope you enjoy your move.

Anne

Guest Hatton
go for the beach. A pool is pain to maintain and costly to heat and would only be used for a few weeks a year. Abeach is great for walking both you and the dog, fantastic on those really hot nights to go swimming in the sea and great in winter for long refreshing walks.

The aspect is that living near the beach you tend to get the sea breeze in the afternoon/evening which can take the edge off hot weather. I lived near the beach in melbourne before moving to the UK a month ago.

Hope you enjoy your move.

Anne

Hi, have you moved back permanent? was looking an Melbourne if we return.

Archived