Cigarettes costs

twinkletoes35

Guest chris955

Well yes it goes without saying that some drink to excess and damage their health. The majority know when to stop.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Er, no, I enjoy many aspects of my life, smoking is one of them aspects.

ok JT i will allow you to get the last word in on this occassion ,while you can still breathe..............and remember this is a one off as im recovering from surgery and now i must rest.......hence the time i am able to spend on line.......:wink:

Guest JT1977
Well yes it goes without saying that some drink to excess and damage their health. The majority know when to stop.

The majority know when to stop? Have you been to many British towns and cities on a Friday and Saturday night?

Guest JT1977
ok JT i will allow you to get the last word in on this occassion ,while you can still breathe..............and remember this is a one off as im recovering from surgery and now i must rest.......hence the time i am able to spend on line.......:wink:

And yet still breathing because I smoke! Oh the irony! :D

Guest chris955

I have been to many cities in the world and in all of them seen drunk people but I have also seen the majority that are not drunk and are well behaved.

The majority know when to stop? Have you been to many British towns and cities on a Friday and Saturday night?

Guest guest30085

This has absolutely nothing to do with the OP..

How much are you guys paying for ciggies in the Uk now?

I will answer SS - as it seems relevant to the original post . . . . . .:wink:

£3.20 for 10 :shocked:

Guest guest37336

OK, smoking is a very contentious issue, and as a smoker I admit that at the times the anti smoking brigade get right up my nose, (just which they smelt of nicotine is all,:biglaugh:)

But I think Denis Leary summed it up for me, a little offensive maybe, and those of a nervous disposition may want to look away now, language and tenure a bit on the 'risque' side, but have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39E2GREvspo

As a 'responsible' smoker, (yes we do exist) I have never and will never smoke if someone is eating too near me, even in a smoking area, I never throw fag butts on the floor and am fully aware of the damage it IS causing me.

But I can think of FAR worse things to do with my time, and very often the anti smoking brigade will spout absolute garbage about smoking, whilst jumping in a gas guzzler, throwing crap and liter from their cars, spitting, foul language etc, so before anyone criticise me for being a smoker please look at your own behaviors which can be at times FAR worse.

Cheers Tony.:mad:

they still sell 10`s....? i think anything to do with smoking is relevant to the original post .......may even save a life by helping people to stop smoking.....

Wow at this thread!

Well I can see both sides, I have not smoked now for 5 months ( i smoked 40 a day for 15 yrs) and I do miss smoking but only because I feel I am missing out on something - I'm not! haha. I gave up mainly because the thought of doing 21 hrs on the plane coming here filled me with dread and then the cost of ciggies in Australia! I do however feel better about the fact I know longer smoke for my kids sake, and for my health & pocket. I was one of those people who smoked in pregnancy which makes me feel ill now to think I did that! but smoking does make you selfish! I also don't miss the control smoking had over me, always looking for an area I could smoke.

I am a fan of everything in moderation, even though I am now tee-total. I do think some people on here are in denial though, all this I could die of this, that, the other.

Anyway in answer to the OP - too bloody much! I don't know how anyone can spend that kind of money on cigarettes.

Guest guest30038
Smokers are always doing themselves damage.

So there you have it, "themselves".................so what business of yours is it then? Don't give me the old chestnut about health care costs when tax revenue from tobacco is roughly double that of the cost to the health service from smoking. Think yourself lucky that us smokers are sunsidising the health service................healthcare for the non-smokers would be worse if we didn't :goofy:

OK, smoking is a very contentious issue, and as a smoker I admit that at the times the anti smoking brigade get right up my nose, (just which they smelt of nicotine is all,:biglaugh:)

But I think Denis Leary summed it up for me, a little offensive maybe, and those of a nervous disposition may want to look away now, language and tenure a bit on the 'risque' side, but have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39E2GREvspo

As a 'responsible' smoker, (yes we do exist) I have never and will never smoke if someone is eating too near me, even in a smoking area, I never throw fag butts on the floor and am fully aware of the damage it IS causing me.

But I can think of FAR worse things to do with my time, and very often the anti smoking brigade will spout absolute garbage about smoking, whilst jumping in a gas guzzler, throwing crap and liter from their cars, spitting, foul language etc, so before anyone criticise me for being a smoker please look at your own behaviors which can be at times FAR worse.

Cheers Tony.:mad:

you can go on and on here ie spitting .....everytime we see a close up of a footballer he starts to spit or puts one finger on a nostril and empties his other nostril out all over the pitch ....i also find this a disgusting thing to do ,full of germs ect ......

and Smokers , be honest which of you actually use an ash tray in a car .....none of you , you do flick the ash out of the window and most of you do flick your dimps out of the window..........and it has a lot to do with me when you do this as your putting other lives at risk , fire ect ......

Guest The Ropey HOFF

It is still legal to smoke inside buildings here in the uk if..................... you are a prisoner banged up.

Guest guest37336

Just to add one more thing. I KNOW smoking kills, and I am fully prepared that one day I 'may' get a smoking related condition that shortens my life immeasurably, but I tell you this.

If that stage comes I can assure you that I will take myself of to Switzerland and end my days there, thus not costing the NHS too much money,:yes:.

My MIL, (though I couldn't stick the woman) died from cancer, which started in the lungs, the FIRST reaction was to this that it MUST have been passive smoking, only after an autopsy and further investigation was it found out that she had ALL her life suffered form very bad lung capacity and several other factors triggered off the cancer.

But there was merry hell to pay in the interim, I my FIL and several other members of the 'family' were castigated and virtually crucified for what 'we'; had done,:mad:.

SMOKING HAD nothing to do with her death, she drank like a fish, ate terribly, and NEVER took a days exercise in her life. But me and others were well and truly made to feel 'unclean' and 'responsible for her death, and to this day I have NEVER had an apology from her remaining family,, because very simply to think that I was at fault makes them feel better,:mad:.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Guest guest30038
be honest which of you actually use an ash tray in a car .

I'll be honest Nick and say I don't.......................'cause I don't smoke in the car and believe it or not, I don't smoke in public or in the house. I smoke outside on the pergola.........about 12 a day. Bridget is the same............she goes to work without having a fag in the morning and only smokes when she gets home. We can both go 10 hrs without a fag and don't consider ourselves "hooked" as we have gone cold turkey before.............we just like a fag together, just as others like having a beer in someone else's company.

Guest siamsusie

Thanks Adonna:hug:

They are expensive for sure... is there still a huge black market in contrabands? or have Customs & Excise got it sorted now?

Susie xx

Guest JT1977

Still a huge black market on the go. In fact, I know that around my folks, there's a few dealers who have stopped selling drugs and moved onto cigs only.

Guest siamsusie
you can go on and on here ie spitting .....everytime we see a close up of a footballer he starts to spit or puts one finger on a nostril and empties his other nostril out all over the pitch ....i also find this a disgusting thing to do ,full of germs ect ......

and Smokers , be honest which of you actually use an ash tray in a car .....none of you , you do flick the ash out of the window and most of you do flick your dimps out of the window..........and it has a lot to do with me when you do this as your putting other lives at risk , fire ect ......

:mad: Everyone I know uses a portable ash tray in their car Nick! It is illegal to throw your butts out of the window and we know the reasons why!

Guest guest37336
Tonyman, like your little signature. Did I say it saves lives? Or did I say that if it saved MY life? You talk of fires, er, is that not the IRRESPONSIBLE smokers? How about the irresponsible drinkers who kill in fights? Or the irresponsible drivers who kill through reckless driving? Go get a life, you may actually enjoy yourself enough to leave others alone then!

Just enjoying a nice pipeful of lovely cherry and vanilla baccy here! Pure bliss!

Hi JT.

I see you are a pipe smoker my friend. I have often thought about a pipe, all the flavoured tobacco often amazes me. Used to have a mate who would try different flavours every week, I think he may have found one he likes at long last, (after about five years,:biglaugh:).

Guest JT1977
Hi JT.

I see you are a pipe smoker my friend. I have often thought about a pipe, all the flavoured tobacco often amazes me. Used to have a mate who would try different flavours every week, I think he may have found one he likes at long last, (after about five years,:biglaugh:).

I try different ones every now and then, but the cherry and vanilla is my favourite. As a 34 year old ex-skinhead soldier, I am aware that I'm NOT the typical pipe smoker, I get some starnge looks, but it's amazing how many people, smokers and non-smokers stand near by when I'm smoking as it takes them back to their childhood around their grandparents house! Lol!

It is the single most relaxing thing that you can do on your own and that's legal (still!). It takes a while to get the hang of it, but finishing work, cracking open a bottle of ale and smoking a pipe is more relaxing than an hours snooze! :D

Guest guest37336
I try different ones every now and then, but the cherry and vanilla is my favourite. As a 34 year old ex-skinhead soldier, I am aware that I'm NOT the typical pipe smoker, I get some starnge looks, but it's amazing how many people, smokers and non-smokers stand near by when I'm smoking as it takes them back to their childhood around their grandparents house! Lol!

It is the single most relaxing thing that you can do on your own and that's legal (still!). It takes a while to get the hang of it, but finishing work, cracking open a bottle of ale and smoking a pipe is more relaxing than an hours snooze! :D

Hi JT.

That was my next question mate. Approaching 48 fast mate, and always felt a bit young to start pipe smoking, but after your post mate I may well try.

Hey mate, I am now tea total, (had a few problems in the past) but do you notice that I'm not having a pop at drinkers, NONE OF MY BUSINESS, but do they do a Jack Daniel's flavoured baccy JT, now that would be heaven on earth,:notworthy:.

Cheersd Tony.

Guest JT1977
Hi JT.

That was my next question mate. Approaching 48 fast mate, and always felt a bit young to start pipe smoking, but after your post mate I may well try.

Hey mate, I am now tea total, (had a few problems in the past) but do you notice that I'm not having a pop at drinkers, NONE OF MY BUSINESS, but do they do a Jack Daniel's flavoured baccy JT, now that would be heaven on earth,:notworthy:.

Cheersd Tony.

I have nothing against drinkers, both moderate drinking and binge drinking, I have done both, pretty much constantly, I just like to point out the hypocrisy of some people who have posted on here.

I've not seen a JD flavour, but I'll admit I've never looked for one before, but I have seen several malt whisky ones, a generic Highland Whisky one and I have seen a Bourbon flavoured one, but I've not tried that one.

It's not so much the taste, but the aroma that you get with the whisky ones.

Guest guest37336
I have nothing against drinkers, both moderate drinking and binge drinking, I have done both, pretty much constantly, I just like to point out the hypocrisy of some people who have posted on here.

I've not seen a JD flavour, but I'll admit I've never looked for one before, but I have seen several malt whisky ones, a generic Highland Whisky one and I have seen a Bourbon flavoured one, but I've not tried that one.

It's not so much the taste, but the aroma that you get with the whisky ones.

Hi JT.

I must admit I was a little tongue in cheek, never knew you could get bourbon flavoured tobacco, I may well look into this mate, many thanks.:notworthy:

Cheers Tony.

Guest siamsusie
Hi JT.

I must admit I was a little tongue in cheek, never knew you could get bourbon flavoured tobacco, I may well look into this mate, many thanks.:notworthy:

Cheers Tony.

My father smokes rum flavoured shag, and it does smell delicious.

Guest Revs30
My father smokes rum flavoured shag, and it does smell delicious.

Shag? I haven't had one of them for ages :twitcy:

Archived