Land of hope and glory?

Guest Jarper

Guest chris955

Thank you, exactly my point. It is the view of an individual, nothing more.

It's a discussion forum chris...even you wanted to get in the point that the uk is just as family orientated as australia :wink:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously I wouldn't move back to Victoria for anything, I grew up there and escaped. What is the numberplate slogan down there ? Victoria, the place to be (leaving).

I haven't lived there but I love visiting Melbourne. Apparently it is where everyone is going now rather than leaving. Maybe they are all just getting their revenge after all the years of being bagged by the rest of Australia as a cold miserable place. :biglaugh:

Why get your knickers in knot because it is the view of an individual that to them the country lacks culture ?

I have seen absolutely no evidence to show that family is way more of a priority here than in the UK, quite the opposite but seriously if someone wants to believe it then it is their choice to do so.

Because in my opinion his views are narrow minded.

Just because you haven't seen something doesn't mean its not true:biggrin:

Guest The Pom Queen
I haven't lived there but I love visiting Melbourne. Apparently it is where everyone is going now rather than leaving. Maybe they are all just getting their revenge after all the years of being bagged by the rest of Australia as a cold miserable place. :biglaugh:

I love Melbourne to. It's a great place and lots to do.:wubclub:

Guest chris955

No, I didn't say that.

Chris, I thought you said the other day you were going to step away from PIO for a while.

What happened ?

Guest chris955

No it wasn't tricky but you post just proved my point :wink:

I see what you did there, tricky :biggrin:

Guest chris955

I actually said was stepping back, not stepping away. One would indicate I was going to post less and the other that I was leaving. I hope that clears it up for you :wink: I would hate for you to be disappointed.

Yes you did. I saw the post you raised which was then quickly deleted by a mod.

Hope you're not denying it. That would be disappointing.

Guest Guest26012
Yes, as did Fish.01, it's a forum.

I politely, politely, asked a question to the intended person. And i politely replied to your comment! Tut tut you are so defensive! I find you quite rude at times!!! My problem with you is you wind me up but carry on cos i can look after myself! Now back on topic! Maybe the question might be answered by the person i intended it for?

Guest chris955

Life is full of surprises, that's what makes it so interesting.

I was just surprised, that after saying that you were back so quickly.

Guest guest36762
The accusation of Australians having a 'lack of culture' seems very narrow minded to me.

Define culture please?

Australians have culture in abundance, a culture that is shared in the psyche of a large proportion of the population, i.e alot of people in Australia share the same values.

Do you not think that surfing is a culture?? Around the world surfing is hailed as a religion, a way of life. Australia is the top of the pile for this!

'Family' is a very high priority in Australia, way higher than i have seen in the UK, is this not a cultural aspect of Australia? of course it is.

Sport in general is a 'cultural' aspect of Australia. Come next year you can sit and moan about how the government have let the British athletes down at the olympics, whilst the Australians will have a barbecue and a beer to celebrate all the Gold medals. I know which cultural table i would rather be sat at.

The beach is a culture, thats why they call it beach culture.

Culture doesn't just mean, sitting in the theatre watching the Opera whilst simultaneously reading the broadsheets. It doesn't mean 'tweeting' your imaginary friends about political reform whilst taking the tube home from work. To be cultural you do not have to have an opinion on Colonel Gaddafi or the latest book by an exiled pro-democracy activist!

Sport is a huge culture in the UK too, not AFL, NRL and NFL. But it is Football, RL and RU, Millions of 'cultureless morons' pack out stadium up and down the Country every week, oh and its HUGE in Europe too.

I think what you've written kind of just verifies what the op was saying. Btw how is your signature acceptable?

Guest chris955

Yes, there is no escape. :laugh:

Oh bugger did I, not again, seems I do that no matter what I say :wink:

Seriously I wouldn't move back to Victoria for anything, I grew up there and escaped. What is the numberplate slogan down there ? Victoria, the place to be (leaving).

I really don't know why I bother responding to you.

But if you read the papers or listened to the news you would know that Victoria is growing at a faster rate than most other states but don't let that fact get in your way.

BTW are you on the wanted list? "escaped" most people leave of their own free will.

Guest chris955

Yes I have grass to mow and walls to paint, both high on my favorite activities list :laugh:

Oh well! Its sunday im off out! Have a good day all!!

I really don't know why I bother responding to you.

But if you read the papers or listened to the news you would know that Victoria is growing at a faster rate than most other states but don't let that fact get in your way.

BTW are you on the wanted list? "escaped" most people leave of their own free will.

Geoff, you should know that some people get their jollies by arguing black is white, hot is cold, wet is dry etc.

Guest siamsusie
I am stuck here for a few years yet but thank you Susie. When the time comes I will hopefully have enough cash in the bank to visit and possibly live in mainland europe, as long as I'm far far away from a BEACH :cry:

Back on topic.... Jarper....

Luckily you have a far better option than a few years back of hopefully returning with a good exchange rate.

Mainland Europe to live imo sounds an exciting proposition .. meanwhile maybe also take the opportunity of seeing places like NZ, Fiji , the islands etc whilst you are over here just to break up your "waiting period".

Time will fly quick enough, and do come back and relate some of your nicer experiences.

Best wishes

Susie x

Archived