Applying for visa whilst on temp visa

lee74

Hi, can anyone advise, I am looking to bring my Mum over on a holiday/tourist visa if this visa does not state a restriction no further stay or 8503 does this mean we can apply for her new visa (Parent contributory) and would she get bridging visa until new visa comes thru??

Thanks.

So your mum is going to lie on the incoming passenger card and say that she is there for a holiday when in reality she intends to stay forever. DIAC dont really like that. Why not just apply for her CPV and let them know she is going to be here on a tourist visa for a while.

No, she is not going to lie on incoming she is visiting, the question I asked was if there is no further stay restrictions can she get a bridging visa???

Just looking for any positive ideas thanks.

No, she is not going to lie on incoming she is visiting, the question I asked was if there is no further stay restrictions can she get a bridging visa???

Theoretically, yes she can, I was just curious as to why you wouldnt do it the right way. She would be telling porkies on the incoming card if she had the intention of staying though.

Visiting but with the intention of lodging a permanent visa application? Would she have all her worldly goods with her if she is not planing to go back? If so and there are any suspicions she would be in for a hard time at immigration and worst case scenario is she is refused entry.

So yes it is possible but it is not the above board way to go about it.

Archived