What are you listening to on your Ipod?

gilliantay

Well, I have been dumped - yet again - in favour of a boys/men day out at the Grand Prix...............

Starting to get a complex here :err:

So.............

The ironing board is out ......yes, very sad seeing as the sun is shining today but I have RUNRIG blaring and I am singing away to the music (apart from when they sing in Gaelic).

The neighbours must be quaking....I can imagine what they are thinking.....there goes that mad scottish bitch with her bagpipe music again !!!! :laugh:

Anyway, I love music and have everything on my Ipod from classical to rock to pop to soul to hip hop and more.

So, what are you listening to or do you listen to ?

Guest Guest16631

don't have an ipod.................got the old valve wireless on..............it only has am, and is playing abracadabra at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

don't have an ipod.................got the old valve wireless on..............it only has am, and is playing abracadabra at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Nothing wrong with the good old wireless - spent many years listening to that - remember putting it under my pillow at night so my mum couldn't hear :laugh:.................memories

Runrig - excellent.

I am trying to do an essay at the moment and im listen to deacon blue.

In writing too - someone else who likes Runrig....................thought I was the only saddo (as my OH keeps telling me).

Deacon Blue - they are next to play then The proclaimers...am truly having a Scottish day today:yes:

Guest roaminnomore

Lional Richie for me this morning and now we are on Pink, slight contradiction going on there then. lol x

Never heard of runrig or deacon blue.

I listen to Cat Stevens, U2, Elton John, Hunters and Collectors, Queen, Bowie, Paul Simon.

I mainly listen to 80's stuff or a bit older.

I can forgive you re Runrig...................you need to be Scottish/Canadian/American/German/Danish or Swedish to have heard of them..........................BUT....................Deacon Blue!!!!!!!

You need to You Tube Deacon Blue....Real Gone Kid....................toal anthem of a song

I have found that there is correlation between distance from scotland/increasing age to the enjoyment of runrig/deacon blue.

I know I am getting on in years but I can understand what you are saying...............

My aunt has been here for too many years (10 pound pom (Scot) and all that) and she tends to bring out the cd's of pipe bands when she is doing her housework....................When I get to that stage ....pipe bands...........shoot me !!!!!

I can forgive you re Runrig...................you need to be Scottish/Canadian/American/German/Danish or Swedish to have heard of them..........................BUT....................Deacon Blue!!!!!!!

You need to You Tube Deacon Blue....Real Gone Kid....................toal anthem of a song

Oh yes. I have heard that song before in the dim distant past.

Very catchy. Good for an aerobics class. :cute:

This is more to my liking..

Have to say not a Runrig fan though Loch Lomond is quite stirring, spent many a friday night in the skye gathering hall foot stamping, hand clapping to that one lol. Love Deacon Blue and the Proclaimers, my 7yr old daughter loves them greatly influenced from her dad. Well pipe bands have to admit got Highland Cathedral by the Scots D G's on the ipod. Have quite a varied listening taste,probably to the disgust of my neighburs as their both in their v early 20's ha ha. At the moment listening to lots of The Jam, Ska, Two Tone music.

max:jiggy:

Oh yes. I have heard that song before in the dim distant past.

Very catchy. Good for an aerobics class. :cute:

This is more to my liking..

I will stick to singing it...........think it would be complete cardiac failure for me if I attempted Aerobic exercise to that..................:wacko:

In respect of Cat Stevens...........I too like that song but it is sad to think that if you sang it today, the youngsters would say ...... Oh, I know that Ronan Keating song !!!!:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Have to say not a Runrig fan though Loch Lomond is quite stirring, spent many a friday night in the skye gathering hall foot stamping, hand clapping to that one lol. Love Deacon Blue and the Proclaimers, my 7yr old daughter loves them greatly influenced from her dad. Well pipe bands have to admit got Highland Cathedral by the Scots D G's on the ipod. Have quite a varied listening taste,probably to the disgust of my neighburs as their both in their v early 20's ha ha. At the moment listening to lots of The Jam, Ska, Two Tone music.

max:jiggy:

Good old Loch Lomond........even non Runrig fans like that one...especially when Donnie sings it.

Love watching the pipe bands........will admit to nearly buying the Red Hot Chilli Pipers but held back ............:unsure:

Well, Gill it would have to be The Proclaimers first of course...hooever Adele is my latest, a mix between Alison Moyet and Duffy,,have been enjoying my PIO day now since it is after 6pm with a glass of vino:wubclub:cheers!

Kings Of Leon at the moment....I have iTunes on shuffle!

Yep, got them on my Ipod too...........

Got 3 tickets here to see them at Rod Laver Arena on 17th March (now cancelled but rescheduled for whatever date ).

Not likely to be here for the rescheduled date but think OH has a buyer for them.......

Would have been good to see them live.

Well, Gill it would have to be The Proclaimers first of course...hooever Adele is my latest, a mix between Alison Moyet and Duffy,,have been enjoying my PIO day now since it is after 6pm with a glass of vino:wubclub:cheers!

Hee, hee..................reminds me of all those train journeys up to the city for work when I would have the Proclaimers playing and would have to remember NOT to sing when it got to.......... I'm gonna be (500 miles)........:biglaugh:

Weren't Proclaimers a one hit wonder ?

They were in Australia anyway.

I suppose they only came to the attention of the outside world after the film Benny and Joon which showcased their hit.....................I'm gonna be (500 miles).

The majority of people would only recognise 2 of their songs:

Letter from America and the above song 500 miles

Not to everyones taste though

Archived