Exceptional Circumstances - AGE

Roberts13

Hi

I am wondering if anyone can help ???

My mum is currently here in Australia working on a 457 visa - she is approaching her 3rd year working with the company and they have submitted her nomination for the 856 visa.

Mum is 52 and on her application will need to provide details as to why a waiver should be considered for age in her circumstances.

We were wondering if anyone else has had to do this and if so what sort of details they included in the application. We understand its each individual circumstances however was hoping someone may be able to direct us with to how to detail this supporting evidence what to include/not include.

Thanks in advance for any help with this matter.

Hi there, I'm 53 and just done this late last year. There are a couple of forms she will have to download from the DIAC website (I think its the E47, but dont quote me on that) and depending on if she is including dependant children on her application there is another one to fill in. The form looks very daunting at first and it feels like they want to know everything including what you had for brekkie lol. But just take it one stage at a time and its not so bad. There is a section which askes for the reason you think you qualify for exceptional circumstances which your mum will have to fill in stating her job, and why it is in demand. Given the fact that the company is willing to sponsor her will go a long way as its not cheap. The box to fit all this in isnt very big but she can include any extra info on a separate bit of paper. Hope this helps.

Lynne

Thank you for replying,

Mum has started to work on the application form 47. Shes just not sure how to put in words why she should be considered with her age. What sort of info to include and what not to include.

So with it being her age thats exceptional circumstances does she still need to talk about her job also and tie this in with the age factor.

She does have myself and my sister here in Australia. so over 50% of her family are here as only has my older brother back n the uK. She has no dependant children to include on the application.

She's wondering if taking out a private health cover and including that she has this in her statement will help. Her job is on the ENSOL - does she need a supporting letter off her employer to explain the job is in demand?

I guess its just getting it all down in 'To the point' words to support her application is what we're struggling with.

Thanks again for your reply. Its greatly appreciated. :)

Hi

I am wondering if anyone can help ???

My mum is currently here in Australia working on a 457 visa - she is approaching her 3rd year working with the company and they have submitted her nomination for the 856 visa.

Mum is 52 and on her application will need to provide details as to why a waiver should be considered for age in her circumstances.

We were wondering if anyone else has had to do this and if so what sort of details they included in the application. We understand its each individual circumstances however was hoping someone may be able to direct us with to how to detail this supporting evidence what to include/not include.

Thanks in advance for any help with this matter.

This is not a straight forward “one size fits all” issue and you need to proceed carefully.

When the company applied for the nomination they should have already declared that the application should be considered under exceptional circumstances due to age.

As for the visa application, it will depend on the specific details as to why the position should be considered exceptional.

It will depend on a number of factors and policy has specific guideline depending on the age and occupation of the applicant.

They will specifically be assessing whether the nominated position is important to the strategic and financial direction of the business, and the applicant has unusual, special or uncommon skills and qualifications that are required for the nominated position.

Information provided by the employer will be crucial to the success of the application.

Archived