Transfer from Brit Army to ADF - guidance

Guest stu108

Guest stu108

Hi All, am brand new to the site, joined as i have just started the process of transferring from the British Army to the ADF. Would welcome any advice or top tips from anyone who has been through the process and any general info from any Expat.

Thanks.

Guest tony271168

hi was in the army myself many years ago i'm a chippy now i'm off as soon as the house has sold but i did a job a few weeks ago for a lad in the raf he told that a few lads had applied and could get straight in and a higher rank i also no someone in the navy did the same .when i applied the agent wanted my army records and being a chippy my vsa start to finish was four months good luck tony:biglaugh:

Hi Stu,

My OH is in the Army and we are in the process of transferring. There are quite a lot of us on here, do a search for ADF or Military. I can't really offer any advice at the moment as our application had been delayed due to medical issues but the are loads on here that will be able to help.

All the best

JO

Guest uksniper

stu I have PM'd you. Send me your email address and I will send you a load of info on the process. If you have any burning questions please ask away.

Cheers

Mat

Guest stu108

thanks for the hello's and welcomes, because many of you are well ahead in the migrating process, no doubt i'll have lots of daft questions to ask you all at some stage!!

Stu

• 1 year later...

Hey hey,

iam serving with the Britsh TA (stabs) and was wondering if any1 knew if i could transfer to the ADF reserves. im moving with my girl friend whos a nurse after i done a tour of Afgan and don't want to loose out on the army thing, we want to move to Melbourne and i was wondering if any1 could help with units there and stuff like that.

Thanx

Ston

:laugh:Hi there we transferred with the ADF.Arrived here in the Shire on 4th May.It all happened so fast only now am I taking that deep breath and thinking OMG.O/H expressed an interest 2006 but with oversea commitments did not really do much else about it.We got invited for an interview August 2008.We spent about 5 hours learning all about the ADF Then we sat in front of the board(a COL,Capt.doctor) got asked lots of questions i.e How would I cope as a wife.What my O/H had to offer the ADF etc.All straight forward and painless.15 minutes later they said yes and we were on cloud nine and off to the local boozer(The Coal Hole) to have few sociables.

Then it was full steam ahead .Getting paperwork(civvy and military) together.We were granted our visa early March 09 and flew here 4th May.O/H has been posted to a reservists unit and has to commute about 30 mins each way.I am still trying to find my feet.Job front is pretty bad at the mo.The one thing that is pretty hard to adjust too is the lack of the Army family.The housing can be anywhere not always near your unit and its for all services.So as a wife you really need to get on with it and make your own life.Not a bad thing really.

I hope this helps get in touch if you want to know anything else.

Good luck:laugh:

Guest Marie and Paul

We have been here just over 2 yrs, love it. Husband is going to E Timor for a year, so there is still those commitments here, children love it, took a while to settle in as we are in country vic and you have to commute to most places but have been working at the local hospital for nearly two years which makes a hugh difference. Good luck with everything, we left Catterick to come here. Used to live in Allenby Road.

Archived