gr8leo87

So, guys and girls, the time has come and we are finally moving :jiggy:. Leaving Houston on March 31st, going to Toronto to visit family, going to Vienna from there to visit family, will spend about 2 months just chilling, can`t wait! Arriving in Australia on June 1st :yes:

Really nice to hear that. Best of luck for your move. :smile:

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They still flag you as departed when you leave. They scan the passport and flag the person as "departed", just like they always do. The only thing they skip is the physical stamp of exiting on the passport booklet.

wish u all the best

They still flag you as departed when you leave. They scan the passport and flag the person as "departed", just like they always do. The only thing they skip is the physical stamp of exiting on the passport booklet.

I landed here in oct last year and got physical stamps on passport ... and most of the govt offices check the arrival stamp and the date in Australia ... from when they stopped it? i mean the physical stamp?

I landed here in oct last year and got physical stamps on passport ... and most of the govt offices check the arrival stamp and the date in Australia ... from when they stopped it? i mean the physical stamp?

They do stamp the arrival (entry) which looks like this:

DSC_0572.JPG

This is done every time you enter Australia. These barrel-shaped stamps are still in place, the only people who don't get entry/exit stamps are Australian and New Zealand citizens if they use the biometric "smart gates" for immigration clearance

They no longer stamp departures (exits).

Departure stamps used to be circular, looking like this:

DSC_0574.JPG

On my recent trip to Pakistan (Dec-2013 to Feb 2014), when I was departing MEL, I handed in my passport to the immigration counter (as everybody not using the smart gate would). The officer scanned the machine-readable zone on my passport, pressed a few keys and returned my passport with "Have a good night and a safe flight!". No stamp. I did ask for one and they said "we only stamp entries now, the system knows you've left Australia". I asked for it nonetheless, and they said they don't even carry the stamp imprints at the outbound immigration desks...they had to get a stamp from their office, set its date and then put it on my passport. It wasn't even inked, so it obviously means they have phased them out and don't use them any more unless you really insist.

Either way, entry stamps are more important.

Long story short, entries are stamped, exits are not.

wish u all the best

Thanks brother!

I am settled here now, my citizenship has been approved on Wednesday and I am now waiting for a slot at a ceremony.

DSC_0572.JPG

DSC_0574.JPG

Hello Everyone,

I am here in Perth for a validation trip. We will stay here for 6 days (2 days gone) and then we'll go to Melbourne for 4 days. So far so good, there were plenty of things happening in Perth CBD on Friday from family fun point of view, which suddenly changed on Saturday as Shops are closed and pubs are poured with people.

I opened NAB classic account online from overseas and fixed meeting with bank representative in advance. She gave me temporary debit card on the spot and ordered visa debit card, which I can get after 1 week. I gave my wife signatory authority in case she needs to operate my account.

Let me know if I can get any answers for you guys.

Regards,

Thanks brother!

I am settled here now, my citizenship has been approved on Wednesday and I am now waiting for a slot at a ceremony.

Brother,

Congrats on you citizenship, how many months you have waited before applying for citizenship.

I can see from your signature, you got a grant on 10-Jan-13. is it just a year?

wish u all the best

Brother,

Congrats on you citizenship, how many months you have waited before applying for citizenship.

I can see from your signature, you got a grant on 10-Jan-13. is it just a year?

I've been here as a student since 2007...I completed studies in Dec-2011, and lodged an 885. It got granted on 10-Jan-2013, and because the requirement for citizenship is 4 years in Australia (at least 1 year on PR out of that) with no more than 1 year of absence, I became eligible on 22-Feb-14 when I returned from my 82-day trip of Pakistan.

I lodged it on 24-Feb-14, sat the test on 14-Mar-14 and it got approved the same day.

I finalized to reach Oz in last week of April. Although quite far, but still time is getting closer to say bye-bye to everything and everyone here at Pakistan. Thinking of this makes heart beat at random pace very randomly. How can one leaves his hometown, it requires nerves and guts. :ssign8:aaahh....

Archived