gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you guys selling or giving it on rent? Don't sell your house right now, give it sometime.

Selling, we wanted to rent it out but with monthly fees ( condo) and mortgage, we would have to pay extra 600 - 700 $ out of pocket each month, provided that we found a tenant who pays on time and that nothing breaks . Too much stuff to worry about from the other side of the world lol.

So, my first job application was unsuccessful :frown:. I had hopes because they sent out an email to arrange for timing for phone call from them. I got a call last night, to be told that someone else got the job. However, they are interested to move my application for the same hospital unit but entry level job ( I have 11 years of experience) and much lower salary. I guess I will take it if offered. Why would they go to the trouble to call me personally to the USA if they`re not interested? Is this the norm? Confused....

I hope all of you who are already in Australia found a job easily :smile:

Dont worry you will grt better options to work arround. Keep trying and also of offered the entry level job do take that will help you gain local experience.

Dont worry you will grt better options to work arround. Keep trying and also of offered the entry level job do take that will help you gain local experience.

Thanks for your kind words. The man who called me said " your experience and cover letter are very good actually, but every country has a different system and this is not what we`re looking for ", so I guess I`ll have to start at point zero :frown:

Are you moving alone? and did you get your ticket from Cathay/Qantas done?

yes I am moving alone...I didn't get the ticket yet..but get it within few days...

BTW..I confirmed the flight duration from the Qantas Reservation office..It is 24 hours..(4.5 Hours from Karachi to Bangkok, 10 Hours at airport and 9.5 Hours from Bangkok to Sydney)

FYI

I just purchased return ticket for RS 77335 from Qantas for KHI to ADL.

Flight operated by Cathay Pacific KHI-BKK then Qantas BKK-SYD then again Qanats SYD-ADL

1st Stop at BKK (10.5 Hrs)

2nd Stop at SYD (2.5 Hrs)

I am going to do the same in a couple of days, Inshallah. But just for KHI-BKK-SYD.

Did you go to their office to purchase ticket? Where are they located?

All - I am an IT professional and searching for job in Adelaide - If you people have any useful links - pls do share...... secondly; i heard from some of my friends living in Australian and some HR professionals that recruiters in AU normally by pass your resume if you have your current address mentioned as Pakistan. is there any impact?

Any thirdly; Availability in AU for JOB is the major factor i experienced. I called HAYS recruitment and they are very helpful.

I am going to do the same in a couple of days, Inshallah. But just for KHI-BKK-SYD.

Did you go to their office to purchase ticket? Where are they located?

First i called them and they booked for me and after that my brother went to get the ticket.

They are located near Zainab Market, Saddar....

Actual Address is KASHMIR CORPORATION

Wafai Road, Karachi.

Phone # 35683737 & 35686216

FYI

I just purchased return ticket for RS 77335 from Qantas for KHI to ADL.

Flight operated by Cathay Pacific KHI-BKK then Qantas BKK-SYD then again Qanats SYD-ADL

1st Stop at BKK (10.5 Hrs)

2nd Stop at SYD (2.5 Hrs)

Dear Raheel,

If you can, please just get the quote for return ticket for KHI BKK SYD.

Thanks in advnce!

Dear Mext60,

Let me put my 2 fils as well. I spent quite a lot of time yesterday on booking.com for 4 days in Dubai. My analysis is Booking(.)com looks better in terms of available rates and number of reviews available as compared to agoda(.)com.

I can't judge it for rest of the world and rest of the year but I hope my small sample analysis will help you. By the way I have used expedia(.)com for airline tickets and I found it good for travelling to USA and within USA.

Regards

Dear Imi,

I thought I would add my 2 cents to this discussion as I have gone through the trip booking process recently. I have travelled frequently but within GCC and from GCC to Pakistan only, so booking this trip was a whole new experience for me. I used to do all the bookings myself earlier from airline websites for tickets and from hotel websites (like booking.com, hotel.com etc) for hotels, but for this long-haul journey I realized finally that going through a booking/ travel agent might be the best idea. I tried booking myself first and estimated the price of everything and then I went to a couple of travel agents and obtained a quote from them and I was amazed that the travel agents were at least 20-30% and sometimes 40% cheaper on hotel bookings.

For flight bookings they do not make much difference. But booking long-haul flights is also a tricky business, e.g. I will give you an example. I initially thought that I will book Dxb-prth-dxb as the main flight and will then book the internal flite from Prth-syd myself on Qantas. The price for the main flight through Cathay Pacific was 10,000 AED which was cheapest at that time (confirmed through Travel agents) and Emirates was AED 13,500. But when I added on emirates website my whole itenary (i.e. including internal flights), the total amount of around AED 15,000 (for two people) was quoted by Emirates Website, and the same resulted from Cathay Pacific, so finally I booked emirates. So you can see that though the main flight was cheaper with Cathay Pacific but the overall flights were the same. You might find this fare a little on the upside but my itenary is detailed and this is the fare for two people. (Dxb-Perth-Syd-Auckland-Dxb).

Anyways on the hotel front, I came to know two things. The first is that (in my view) the best site for hotel bookings is www(dot)agoda(dot)com, their rates are usually the lowest and they have offers running ons ome hotels every day which can provide substantial discounts. The second thing is that travel agents use wholesale booking portals/websites, where they get much better rates than all the common hotel websites. As I said around 20-30% lower than common booking websites.

Hope this information is useful for you.

Regards,

Does any body know any forwarding agent who can move around 100KG personal baggage from KHI to ADL? I just check with some of my contacts and got the cost from port to port which is around 25-30 thousand PKR. DO charges will be additional @ Adelaide port.

Archived