gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been enrolled in Phd in a local (Pak) university.

I wanted to know, can I transfer it to any where in Aus?

What kind of scholarship they offer to PR candidates?

You can be offered scholarships such as APAs (Australian Postgraduate Awards)...they pay about AU$25,400 per year as stipend. They are insanely competitive though, only 3500 are offered in Australia every year. They start applications in August/Sept, and get awarded in Dec, and commence in March the following year. Universities themselves offer scholarships on similar terms out of their own purse as well.

As a PR, you pay no fee for a PhD, so the APA/university-funded scholarships are stipends that get paid to you as living allowances.

As for transferring candidature, you will have to work that out with a supervisor first at a university.

As a PR, you get the RTS benefit which means no fees. But getting the living allowance scholarship is a different thing, as that is paid net non-taxable into your bank account.

Fabregas wow brother congrats ....

I woke up to offer my prayer and my cell phone email tone rang I usually recieve emails from clients in abroad but it was not clients email its .... By the grace of Allah Almighty I have recieved my pcc and medical call.

I woke up to offer my prayer and my cell phone email tone rang I usually recieve emails from clients in abroad but it was not clients email its .... By the grace of Allah Almighty I have recieved my pcc and medical call.

Congratulation Bro. Certainly a big day to you.

Best of luck :)

Congrats Fabregas.

hello friends ...

just returned from RTA office ... and passed driving test in first attempt .. and Alhamdulillah got the full license.

let me know if anyone help with this process....

I paid ...

$41 for driving knowledge test

$51 for driving road test

$166 for 5 yrs driving license

cheers,

Congratulations brother. Now its just the matter of time with all the 175/176 applicants, seems like it will be all over by feb

Thanks bro..and Congrats for your medical/PCC call...Hoping you will get a quick grant..

Congrats Fabregas.

hello friends ...

just returned from RTA office ... and passed driving test in first attempt .. and Alhamdulillah got the full license.

cheers,

Thanks bro and Congrats for the license..

Congrats Fabregas.

hello friends ...

cheers,

Well done Shawais! How much did it cost you? the whole process? driving lessons + theory + hazard test + practical?

Congrats bro ... wish u all the best.

Well done Shawais! How much did it cost you? the whole process? driving lessons + theory + hazard test + practical?

I paid ...

$41 for driving knowledge test

$51 for driving road test

$166 for 5 yrs driving license

no hazard test.

I just contacted Qantas Airways Karachi Office and found some valuable information.

Ticket Price

One Way Ticket Price Karachi to Perth: 43550

Return Ticket Price Karachi to Perth: 72370

Route: Karachi-Bangkok-Sydney-Perth

One Way Ticket Price Karachi to Sydney: 45000

Return Ticket Price Karachi to Sydney: 73465

Route: Karachi-Bangkok-Sydney

Return Ticket is valid for one year

Itinerary

Karachi Departure: 0035

Bangkok Arrival: 0715

Bangkok Departure: 1715

Sydney Arrival: 0620

Sydney Departure: 1010

Perth Arrival: 1210

(All timings are local timings)

Weekly Departure Schedule

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday

Airline

Karachi to Bangkok: Cathay Pacific

Bangkok to Sydney to Perth: Qantas

Weight

Luggage: 23 kg

Hand Carry: 7 kg

Other Features

- Muslim Meal is available on request in all flights

- Date change option available so one can Visit Thailand either from Karachi to Sydney or Sydney to Karachi if he has Thailand Visit visa. Qantas will charge around 4000/- for date changing

Qantas Office Contact No. 021-35683737

Guys...I need phone number of Qantas reservation office in Karachi...read in a post that they are the cheapest one

Fabregas, SMShoaib posted this a while back. This is for your information.

thanks that was very helpful

You can be offered scholarships such as APAs (Australian Postgraduate Awards)...they pay about AU$25,400 per year as stipend. They are insanely competitive though, only 3500 are offered in Australia every year. They start applications in August/Sept, and get awarded in Dec, and commence in March the following year. Universities themselves offer scholarships on similar terms out of their own purse as well.

As a PR, you pay no fee for a PhD, so the APA/university-funded scholarships are stipends that get paid to you as living allowances.

As for transferring candidature, you will have to work that out with a supervisor first at a university.

As a PR, you get the RTS benefit which means no fees. But getting the living allowance scholarship is a different thing, as that is paid net non-taxable into your bank account.

Archived