gr8leo87

Can you please provide us a bit more information like your lodgement date, whether a CO has been allocated or not, and if yes then what's the allocation date?

Thank you for your quick reply! :smile

This is my timeline:

WA SS sent 03/2011

WA SS Approved May/9/11

176 lodged June/03/11

CO July/12/11

Meds Requested: Sept/19/11

Medicals referred: Oct/04/11.

Medicals Finalised: Oct/07/2011

VISA GRANTED ?????

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you for your quick reply! :smile

This is my timeline:

WA SS sent 03/2011

WA SS Approved May/9/11

176 lodged June/03/11

CO July/12/11

Meds Requested: Sept/19/11

Medicals referred: Oct/04/11.

Medicals Finalised: Oct/07/2011

VISA GRANTED ?????

Just one more question. your country please?

Guest bilaln30
Hello!!! I have a question that is killing me:wacko:

My medicals show as finalised in October 7-2011. Does anybody know how long it takes to get the visa after medicals finalised for a high risk country applicant?

DLVC,

I have exactly the same question. My meds finalized on 11 Oct, 2011 on my e-status. Actual date of finalization is 21 Sep, 2011. No grant since then. It is some what satisfying to know that I am not the only one waiting at this stage. May be we will get grant soon.

Guest ACTbound

Wafa, looking at the timelines for other people, it is taking about 10-12 months after allocation of CO for security clearences. Since your CO was allocated in Feb 2011, you should expect within Dec-Feb range.

DLVC,

I have exactly the same question. My meds finalized on 11 Oct, 2011 on my e-status. Actual date of finalization is 21 Sep, 2011. No grant since then. It is some what satisfying to know that I am not the only one waiting at this stage. May be we will get grant soon.

Definitely not the only one. My medicals got finalized in the mid of September and here i am still waiting. what i have observed that most of the post July10 cases have already been finalized and waiting in the pipeline to be finally decided may be because COs are following the priority timelines for the respective category visas. just a theory!

Not to worry, you are not from v HR country like us .

But there are lot of drug dealers in Colombia. Its one of the countries that get scrutinised on background checks.

I remember a guy from Belarus here who said people from his country take like 4-5 years on average for God know what reason.

But there are lot of drug dealers in Colombia. Its one of the countries that get scrutinised on background checks.

I remember a guy from Belarus here who said people from his country take like 4-5 years on average for God know what reason.

Hi all

I don’t think that dealing in drugs could be a security threat to Australia, it’s the intolerance, killing people, planting bombs and creating hate among the communities which Australia is worried about.

They scrutinize countries who kill their own people and children, and those who are prone to make fake documents where MNAa, MPAs making fake degrees, what else is left when leaders representing society started doing it, then wait for the day when everything falls down!!!!

Think the time when counties will put a ban "Not to process" such applicants.

Sorry I became too emotional.

Guest wafa9737
Wafa, looking at the timelines for other people, it is taking about 10-12 months after allocation of CO for security clearences. Since your CO was allocated in Feb 2011, you should expect within Dec-Feb range.

May be, but my PCC and medical will expire in that period, if not expired than there will be problem for initial entry date. i asked my CO regarding my case in first week of oct, he said he has sent an email about my update to authority responsible for outstanding checks (ASIO i think) in last week of sep but has not received answer yet, i think he has still not received answer about my security checks update.

I think i will have to submit fresh PCC and medical if security checks are delayed few more months.

May be, but my PCC and medical will expire in that period, if not expired than there will be problem for initial entry date. i asked my CO regarding my case in first week of oct, he said he has sent an email about my update to authority responsible for outstanding checks (ASIO i think) in last week of sep but has not received answer yet, i think he has still not received answer about my security checks update.

I think i will have to submit fresh PCC and medical if security checks are delayed few more months.

Hi wafa9737, Normally the CO extends the initial entry date beyond the expiry of your meds & PCC. Around 3-4 of my friends got their PR after their meds were already expired and the CO had given them initial entry date for 4-5 months beyond the expiry date of their meds & PCC. But this is not always the case sometimes the CO asks for a fresh med & PCC. So, you have to wait & see what your CO will do if your med & PCC exipre and security checks is still pending.

But seeing your time line it seems that you will have your security checks completed either this month or latest by next month, because I have the same timeline (just 1-2 weeks ahead of you) and am expecting my processing to be completed this month or next month. If you see the timeline sheet updated by Usman on google spread sheet, a guy named Qirat who got CO on 19 Jan 2011 (11 days ahead of me) was asked for meds meaning his security checks have finished now. So we should also expect our security checks to be completed by this month or latest by next month.

Agreed with ACTbound .. 10-12 Months are ideal times lines for the security check clearance.

I wish he would not face that treatment.

and Good luck my friend. I know your time is near :)_

Hi all

I don’t think that dealing in drugs could be a security threat to Australia, it’s the intolerance, killing people, planting bombs and creating hate among the communities which Australia is worried about.

They scrutinize countries who kill their own people and children, and those who are prone to make fake documents where MNAa, MPAs making fake degrees, what else is left when leaders representing society started doing it, then wait for the day when everything falls down!!!!

Think the time when counties will put a ban "Not to process" such applicants.

Sorry I became too emotional.

Bro, drug dealing is bad everywhere. Only western countries and handful others worry about terrorism which is why we are in this situation, but every country has anti-narcotics policy.

I am not saying everyone from that place is drug dealer, just like everyone from Pakistan, Iran or Afghanistan isn't a terrorist. But people generalise, so does Australian government.

I wish he would not face that treatment.

and Good luck my friend. I know your time is near :)_

Thanks bro. I don't think my time is nearer. Expecting another 3-4 months worse case. Agent told me checks are still going on but they have all docs to grant visa.

Already spent 7 months on checks. Average time for people form my countries is 6 months. Some even got it in 3-4. So mine is taking unusually long.

Guest wafa9737
Hi wafa9737, Normally the CO extends the initial entry date beyond the expiry of your meds & PCC. Around 3-4 of my friends got their PR after their meds were already expired and the CO had given them initial entry date for 4-5 months beyond the expiry date of their meds & PCC. But this is not always the case sometimes the CO asks for a fresh med & PCC. So, you have to wait & see what your CO will do if your med & PCC exipre and security checks is still pending.

But seeing your time line it seems that you will have your security checks completed either this month or latest by next month, because I have the same timeline (just 1-2 weeks ahead of you) and am expecting my processing to be completed this month or next month. If you see the timeline sheet updated by Usman on google spread sheet, a guy named Qirat who got CO on 19 Jan 2011 (11 days ahead of me) was asked for meds meaning his security checks have finished now. So we should also expect our security checks to be completed by this month or latest by next month.

EZY GOING I have not seen any visa grant to paki applicants who applied either in sep or oct 2010, even though i am hopeful and Inshallah we will get the result of our efforts soon., thanks for sharing information regarding initial entry date, i was really worried... :biggrin:

EZY GOING I have not seen any visa grant to paki applicants who applied either in sep or oct 2010, even though i am hopeful and Inshallah we will get the result of our efforts soon., thanks for sharing information regarding initial entry date, i was really worried... :biggrin:

Hi wafa9737, You are right that you have not seen any visa grant of Sept & October applicants because the applicants have been asked to submit meds & PCC now. If they do meds now it will take around 1 more month for their med to be finalized by HOC and another 15 days for the visa to be granted. An applicant named Qirat applied in Dec 2010 and he got CO on 19 Jan 2011 got med call last week.

But your case is decision ready, you have already provided med & PCC (same as my case). So we will be granted visa directly instead of being asked for a med & PCC.

Another important thing to note is that the date of application is less important. Date of CO allocation is more important. We all are stuck in security clearance & security clearance begins only after CO allocation. So you should view timelines of other applicants from the date of CO allocation not from date of application launch. Good news is lots of applicants who got CO from Nov 2010 till Jan 2011 are getting med call now. So we are close mate...very close.:yes: Just hold on a bit more. (Although I too am getting very impatient :embarrassed:)

Guest Alibajwa
Hi wafa9737, You are right that you have not seen any visa grant of Sept & October applicants because the applicants have been asked to submit meds & PCC now. If they do meds now it will take around 1 more month for their med to be finalized by HOC and another 15 days for the visa to be granted. An applicant named Qirat applied in Dec 2010 and he got CO on 19 Jan 2011 got med call last week.

But your case is decision ready, you have already provided med & PCC (same as my case). So we will be granted visa directly instead of being asked for a med & PCC.

Another important thing to note is that the date of application is less important. Date of CO allocation is more important. We all are stuck in security clearance & security clearance begins only after CO allocation. So you should view timelines of other applicants from the date of CO allocation not from date of application launch. Good news is lots of applicants who got CO from Nov 2010 till Jan 2011 are getting med call now. So we are close mate...very close.:yes: Just hold on a bit more. (Although I too am getting very impatient :embarrassed:)

Getting impatient is natural Ezy_Going at this stage. I am 1 month behind you. Me too was very curious and and impatient for my visa and front loaded medicals and PCC to make my application decision ready. But last month, I came to Dubai as I got a job here. Now I am not that much impatient. Instead I am enjoying my wait time in Dubai while gaining international exposure and obviously money.

Checking this and other forums and my online status was my daily routne. But now its been a while since I have checked my online status.

I wish you all guys, who are waiting for their visas, best of Luck.

Guest bilaln30
Definitely not the only one. My medicals got finalized in the mid of September and here i am still waiting. what i have observed that most of the post July10 cases have already been finalized and waiting in the pipeline to be finally decided may be because COs are following the priority timelines for the respective category visas. just a theory!

I am pre historic July 10 applicant ....lol Infact Apr, 2009 applicant. This wait is killing me!!!!:arghh:

Guest ACTbound

Bilal, from your signature it seems that you have paid the VAC2. Is this fees the revised AUD 4100 or did you pay the old fee of AUD 3500.

I expect to pay the VAC for my wife once the case is finalised.

Guest wafa9737
Getting impatient is natural Ezy_Going at this stage. I am 1 month behind you. Me too was very curious and and impatient for my visa and front loaded medicals and PCC to make my application decision ready. But last month, I came to Dubai as I got a job here. Now I am not that much impatient. Instead I am enjoying my wait time in Dubai while gaining international exposure and obviously money.

Checking this and other forums and my online status was my daily routne. But now its been a while since I have checked my online status.

I wish you all guys, who are waiting for their visas, best of Luck.

Mazay kero dada ! hamara bhi time aegaa...........:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Bilal, from your signature it seems that you have paid the VAC2. Is this fees the revised AUD 4100 or did you pay the old fee of AUD 3500.

I expect to pay the VAC for my wife once the case is finalised.

Please check below mentioned link.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/990i-charges.htm

I think as your lodged in Nov. 2010 then 2VAC will be $3,575

Gents,

got a question here, I have front loaded overseas police penal clearance with our 885 application, my PCC was issued march 2011 and my wife's one Dec 2010. if it is taking 12 months for security checks on average, we are looking to get outcome somewhere around April 2012. our Australian and overseas police checks will be more than 1 year old by that time.

i sent an e-mail to my CO and asked whether they expire and should I apply now as it takes around 4 months to get overseas police clearance via our embassy in Canberra. she said

"Thank you for your e-mail. Please do not apply for any police clearances until I send you a request letter. I will let you know if I require any further documents from you.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,"

QUESTION: should I apply for overseas police clearance now as it will take 4 months to get them? I don't want to end up getting the request for this after CO request (after their routine checks) letter and wait another 4 months!

please share your ideas.

Many Thanks

Gents,

got a question here, I have front loaded overseas police penal clearance with our 885 application, my PCC was issued march 2011 and my wife's one Dec 2010. if it is taking 12 months for security checks on average, we are looking to get outcome somewhere around April 2012. our Australian and overseas police checks will be more than 1 year old by that time.

i sent an e-mail to my CO and asked whether they expire and should I apply now as it takes around 4 months to get overseas police clearance via our embassy in Canberra. she said

"Thank you for your e-mail. Please do not apply for any police clearances until I send you a request letter. I will let you know if I require any further documents from you.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,"

QUESTION: should I apply for overseas police clearance now as it will take 4 months to get them? I don't want to end up getting the request for this after CO request (after their routine checks) letter and wait another 4 months!

please share your ideas.

Many Thanks

Hello,

Being an onshore applicant, you only need to submit your overseas PCC just once UNLESS you visit your home country (Pakistan?) while on a Bridging Visa B i-e during the processing of your application. even that is seldom required from the COs. But you will have to apply for a fresh AFP once it gets expired but that only takes a week at max. In my opinion, if you happen to visit your home country, just bring along a fresh PCC on your way back (don't go through embassy process as it might take 3,4 months) just in case. I uploaded my fresh overseas PCC for the 2 months that i stayed in Pakistan though my CO never asked for one (yet!). My initial overseas PCC is long expired. Hope that helps!

Archived