gr8leo87

Has anyone recently gone to renew the passport, particularly in Karachi? please share the experience & tips and tell how long it takes and where it is best to go to get it renewed, at the main saddar office or awami markaz? Thanks in advance.

I can tell you situation from lahore,

yes, situation with urgent requests are far more improved then previously, but with normal fee its still have a lot of delay.

as passports are printed in ISB so i think situation is improved all over Pakistan for urgent requests.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone recently gone to renew the passport, particularly in Karachi? please share the experience & tips and tell how long it takes and where it is best to go to get it renewed, at the main saddar office or awami markaz? Thanks in advance.

I am also in the same boat bro...I am thinking about applying in the first week of july.

One of our fellow om195 did his medicals on 29th May 2013. Due to some issues on IOM's end, they were not able to forward the results to DIAC. Frustratingly, for almost next 10 days, om195 was continuously in contact with IOM personnel to get the update whether they forwarded the results or not. Finally IOM ensured that results have been forwarded...having all these follow ups, om195 did not notice any change in his online status page. Yesterday he enquired his CO about the acknowledgement of medicals and he was surprised to get the response from CO that he did not yet receive the medicals from IOM....In such case where IOM is doing such kind of behaviour, what can an applicant do ????????????

You should forward your CO's email to these two email addresses and ask for clarifications:

IOM MHDIslamabad <MHDislamabad@iom.int>, IOM AusMed Pakistan <AUSMEDPK@iom.int>

Also ask them to send some kind of proof that your meds are submitted. In my case, IOM sent me the screenshot of their medical software having my name on it and it's status was saying "SUBMITTED".

I hope this helps.

P.S. I am still waiting for a confirmation from my CO that he got the med results.

A March 2012 applicant named (nuked) has received his grant today. His timeline:

ACS: 17/05/11 Appl Confirmed: 08/06/11 (175) | CO: March/12 | Med: 03/06/13 | PCC: 15/06/13 | Meds Referred: 17/06/2013 | Grant: 25/06/2013

However, in our spreadsheet, his CO allocation date is different.

Wao, that's good news. So Mar-12 has started for lucky ones. :wink:

Dear All,

Asslamualaikum

Today we got PCC/Medical call & we are so happy!!! Now-a-days how long does it take to get the medicals finalized?

Best wishes for everybody & Allah Hafiz

Nazmul

Congratulations! few months back it was taking very long like 3 months or more. But now we have seen 20 to 30 days to finalize meds.

Good Luck!

Dear All, Asslamualaikum Today we got PCC/Medical call & we are so happy!!! Now-a-days how long does it take to get the medicals finalized? Best wishes for everybody & Allah Hafiz Nazmul
Best of luck for the silver call.....

Guys on WA website "http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/Frequentquestionsaboutstatesponsorship.aspx" there is a question if it is possible to waive off the requirement for staying initial 2 years in western australia. Does anyone know the procedure?

I have tried locating the procedure on the website but unable to do so, your suggestions/comments will be highly appreciated.

Amazed to hear that security checks for a 189 applicant (zaki naeem) started after 4-5 months of his CO allocation. CO was allocated on Oct2012 and SC start on Feb2013. Really strange and worrying situation.

So means that its not confirm that our SC started just after CO allocation or submission of Form80.

Amazed to hear that security checks for a 189 applicant (zaki naeem) started after 4-5 months of his CO allocation. CO was allocated on Oct2012 and SC start on Feb2013. Really strange and worrying situation.

So means that its not confirm that our SC started just after CO allocation or submission of Form80.

That is what I have been trying to tell you my friend.

Delayed SC's for different visa subclass only makes sense if they have not yet been initiated.

That is what I have been trying to tell you my friend.

Delayed SC's for different visa subclass only makes sense if they have not yet been initiated.

:daydreaming: That means we can never predict when our cases will be finalized as CO usually dont tell the exact date for security checks. :huh:

Hello everyone, Thought the following link would be interesting to you....its regarding security checks. Read footnote number 14 specially where it mentions that most security checks should be completed by 1 to 6 months. Thanks.

http://www.anao.gov.au/Publications/Audit-Reports/2011-2012/Security-Assessments-of-Individuals/Audit-brochure

These are just standard time-frames. We are above the standard I guess, thus taking more time to complete :)

Archived