gr8leo87

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grant can be any moment or any day, maximum end of October......

Pain time is over, at least for you......

Thanks brother and I pray to Allah from the depth of my heart with tears in my eyes that may Allah bless us with grants as soon as possible.

Thanks for your reply.

Hi Guys,

I have already got the grant in May 2013. I am 176 SS (Western Australia). I did the validation trip with the family to Perth. I am currently based in Abu Dhabi and don't want rather like to move to Perth. Please don't misunderstand me, I will move to OZ eventually, but just wanted to ask if there is any way I can get a waiver for staying in WA for the initial 2 years.

We didn't like Perth at all, and I met certain headhunters and they were all of the view that there are more opportunities available in Sydney and Melbourne etc for accountants. What should I do? Someone told me the only available option is to stay there for some time and then apply for the waiver on the basis of not getting the right job etc. But is there any other way I can get the waiver without settling in there?

I know its a different question where most people are waiting for their silver/golden emails, but since this forum has been a tremendous source of information I thought lets put this to all of you. May be some senior members or people already there or any one of your friends did that.....

WAQAK got his Medical/PCC call on 14-Oct-13

His timeline is

Application Lodged: 21-05-11| 175 Software Engineer| CO Assigned 29-11-11| Form 80 & Additional Documents: 29-11-11| Med/PCC Request: 14-10-13 | Visa Grant: Awaited

I emailed my CO on 09-Oct-13 (12 days ago) for status update, but no response received.

In January 2013, status update email was sent, but no reply at all.

Now I am getting a feeling that my case officer Megan Bagshaw has left the organization. If this is true, and since status update emails are addressed directly to her, it may cause confusion for other COs, resulting no reply.

Anybody who has assigned CO: Megan Bagshaw has any info if she left DIBP ???

This above is a humble request to all ......

Hi Guys,

I have already got the grant in May 2013. I am 176 SS (Western Australia). I did the validation trip with the family to Perth. I am currently based in Abu Dhabi and don't want rather like to move to Perth. Please don't misunderstand me, I will move to OZ eventually, but just wanted to ask if there is any way I can get a waiver for staying in WA for the initial 2 years.

We didn't like Perth at all, and I met certain headhunters and they were all of the view that there are more opportunities available in Sydney and Melbourne etc for accountants. What should I do? Someone told me the only available option is to stay there for some time and then apply for the waiver on the basis of not getting the right job etc. But is there any other way I can get the waiver without settling in there?

I know its a different question where most people are waiting for their silver/golden emails, but since this forum has been a tremendous source of information I thought lets put this to all of you. May be some senior members or people already there or any one of your friends did that.....

Dear Bro,

I have asked the same question to WA immigration officials around a month back when I told her that I am finding it hard to get job in my profession and she replied that we always inform the applicants that be ready to not finding the job in your profession for first 6 months and that is true as while signing state sponsorship agreement we have to understand this as well.

For the answer of your question which was almost the same question which I asked is that NO. Unless there is very special circumstances or humanitarian basis but for personal liking definitely no.

Anyway you should have some some research before applying for SS.

For your information Perth is a beautiful city with most number of jobs than many other cities as in other cities if their are more jobs there are more people as well. What I believe that if you want to survive in any city of Australia made your mind that you will not get job in your profession for a few months but job will come as soon as you start knowing the people.

Anyway. Good luck

Can u pls tell me abt my case by reading my last post couple of days before. I have everything met in my onlinr application and medical is akdi met on the request of case officer which was requested by case officer please.

Yes my case is cleared by igis as told by case officer.

I think your CO is not sure about the status of FS quota.

Till June 2013, your visa type was falling in "Skilled Australian Sponsored" which always had limited planned quota (4200 per year) and that quota always revised (11800, 10504, 3688, 9117) in the mid of that fiscal year.

[TABLE=class: tableborder]

[TR]

[TD=align: right][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

After 1 July, 2013, I think FS falls in "States/Territory and Regional Nominated" which has this year quota of 28850. So, your CO might not know what to do in this situation that is why he will ask his manger for the decision.

In my opinion, there should not be any priority hitch in granting 176-FS visa and you may expect your grant in a couple of days.

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

Best of luck

I have gone through this but as per the sheet anyone till June 2012 is getting med calls randomly, though there are still people pending from earlier months.

By the way our meds got finalised on 15th October, let's see how does the gamble of front loading meds go. Hoping for the best.

Dear All!

We have been approached by Team 13 on October 15th asking for details of Previous Passports & Location of Parents & Siblings, which were shared with them on the same date..Does this mean our SC's are nearing completion? I have also sent an email to my CO [LC - Team 2] asking for status of the same..lets see whats the response from their end.

Dear All!

We have been approached by Team 13 on October 15th asking for details of Previous Passports & Location of Parents & Siblings, which were shared with them on the same date..Does this mean our SC's are nearing completion? I have also sent an email to my CO [LC - Team 2] asking for status of the same..lets see whats the response from their end.

These same questions were asked from me by Team 13 on 6th September 2013 and I submitted my reply on 12th September. Since then no response..I have also asked for status from my CO and he gave me the standard reply that my SCs are still ongoing and he would ask for medicals and PCC once Team 13 informed him of SCs Completion.

Note: I have asked my CO about Team 13 and he told me that Team 13 is responsible for SCs Administration.

Dear All!

Dear Umar,

I have also been contacted by team 13 at the end of July 13. They asked about addresses of my educational institutes ... information was provided to them on the very same day but till now its silence. I have also contacted my CO regarding update in oct 13 and got standard reply :( so I just say that SC is on its way and it will take time...

Below is the first email which was replied by co when i asked for my status update.

I asked the case officer abt status update..My online status today shows met of all requirements including Medicals. My visa category is FS 176 in this email the case officer said regional skilled. I m tensed after reading email from case officer. Pls suggest what should i do nowBelow is the email from case officer:-I acknowledge receipt of your email. I understand that the time taken to process your application may be causing concern to you and your family.The visa you have applied for is part of the Regional Skilled category. The Migration Program planning level for this category has limited number of places left for the 2013-14 program year.This means processing times may be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the Department cannot grant further visas in this category this program year unless more visa places become available. I cannot advise you whether more visa places will become available in this visa category as planning levels are determined by the Australian Government.As planning levels apply to all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I cannot give you an indication as to the likely timeframe for finalisation of your application.In the meantime, I encourage you to check the department’s website for updated information regarding allocation, processing and any changes to the Skilled Migration Program which may affect you.I appreciate your patience in this matter.Kind regards,then I asked case officer abt the quota she told me that after consultation with the manager the advice already given to you in this regards is accurate and told me to wait if there is any change in priority processing.

Below is our correspondence of 2nd email after I asked clarifications.

Thank you very much for updating medical status of Main Applicant, .*The online status of the Main Applicant and all other Secondary applicants is now showing "MET"**all the requirements necessary for the grant of visa.I applied on*June 25, 2011*for Subclass 176- Family Sponsored with Nominated Occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL), and with Priority Group Number "4" with priority processing directions.In the migration level*2013-2014*State and Territory Sponsored and Skilled Australian Sponsored (Skilled Independent Regional) categories have been amalgamated into State/Territory and Regional Nominated category with*28,850 places and I am pretty much sure there are places still left for the visa grant as i had applied for the said subclass as i had applied on June 25, 2011.It is requested to please look into the matter and please update me on the current status of my application.Regards

,THE CASE OFFICER REPLIEDThank you for your email. Please be advised that I have discussed your application with my manager and the initial advice given to you in relation to your visa application is accurate.**I appreciate your frustration and your patience is appreciated. You shall be advised if there are any changes to the processing priorities.

I think your CO is not sure about the status of FS quota.

Till June 2013, your visa type was falling in "Skilled Australian Sponsored" which always had limited planned quota (4200 per year) and that quota always revised (11800, 10504, 3688, 9117) in the mid of that fiscal year.

[TABLE=class: tableborder]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

After 1 July, 2013, I think FS falls in "States/Territory and Regional Nominated" which has this year quota of 28850. So, your CO might not know what to do in this situation that is why he will ask his manger for the decision.

In my opinion, there should not be any priority hitch in granting 176-FS visa and you may expect your grant in a couple of days.

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

Best of luck

Below is the first email which was replied by co when i asked for my status update.

I asked the case officer abt status update..My online status today shows met of all requirements including Medicals. My visa category is FS 176 in this email the case officer said regional skilled. I m tensed after reading email from case officer. Pls suggest what should i do nowBelow is the email from case officer:-I acknowledge receipt of your email. I understand that the time taken to process your application may be causing concern to you and your family.The visa you have applied for is part of the Regional Skilled category. The Migration Program planning level for this category has limited number of places left for the 2013-14 program year.This means processing times may be longer and that once the remaining places are used, the Department cannot grant further visas in this category this program year unless more visa places become available. I cannot advise you whether more visa places will become available in this visa category as planning levels are determined by the Australian Government.As planning levels apply to all applications, including those in the final stages of processing, I cannot give you an indication as to the likely timeframe for finalisation of your application.In the meantime, I encourage you to check the department’s website for updated information regarding allocation, processing and any changes to the Skilled Migration Program which may affect you.I appreciate your patience in this matter.Kind regards,then I asked case officer abt the quota she told me that after consultation with the manager the advice already given to you in this regards is accurate and told me to wait if there is any change in priority processing.

Below is our correspondence of 2nd email after I asked clarifications.

Thank you very much for updating medical status of Main Applicant, .*The online status of the Main Applicant and all other Secondary applicants is now showing "MET"**all the requirements necessary for the grant of visa.I applied on*June 25, 2011*for Subclass 176- Family Sponsored with Nominated Occupation listed on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL), and with Priority Group Number "4" with priority processing directions.In the migration level*2013-2014*State and Territory Sponsored and Skilled Australian Sponsored (Skilled Independent Regional) categories have been amalgamated into State/Territory and Regional Nominated category with*28,850 places and I am pretty much sure there are places still left for the visa grant as i had applied for the said subclass as i had applied on June 25, 2011.It is requested to please look into the matter and please update me on the current status of my application.Regards

,THE CASE OFFICER REPLIEDThank you for your email. Please be advised that I have discussed your application with my manager and the initial advice given to you in relation to your visa application is accurate.**I appreciate your frustration and your patience is appreciated. You shall be advised if there are any changes to the processing priorities.

It seems that there are also some hidden priorities which is not published on the website.

As per the excel sheet, there are 3 FS sponsored applicants: You, coolfire and 047 who are sharing similar timelines. If DIBC policies are consistent then all the three will face similar problem.

Dear All!

We have been approached by Team 13 on October 15th asking for details of Previous Passports & Location of Parents & Siblings..........

These same questions were asked from me by Team 13 on 6th September 2013..........

Note: I have asked my CO about Team 13 and he told me that Team 13 is responsible for SCs Administration.

Dear Umar,

I have also been contacted by team 13 at the end of July 13.........

Dear

Umer Manzar

fabregas

rahmed

Please inbox me the email address of team 13, just want to ask them if they have any info about SC of my case.

Dear SM SHOAIB,

If you look at the time sheet Priority 5 is granted a visa in this october'13. I Will wait till the end of this month and if I didnt get a call I will contact case officer over phone.

How come priority 5 is above priority 4 with grants?

Priority is for the sake of Case Officer assignment. like P1 get CO within one week, P2 in two weeks, P3 within 4 weeks, P4 within 8 weeks, P5 in 3-5 years or more.

After CO allocation, there is no role of priority rather there is a role of Policy. Like 190 get quick grants, FS have limited quota etc

Archived