457 visa Problem!!!!

hi,

i hope to apply for the 457 visa and in the primary applicant details,they have asked for current residential address( if you are offshore applicant what will the australian residential address be?)

As i am at present applying from overseas,can i use my country home address for the residential address cos i dont have an australian residential address? will it be a problem cos they have asked if you are an offshore applicant what would the australian residential address be?

Someone please help.

thanks

Guest cazbob

Your current residential address will be your address as of now in whatever county you are in.

I just applied and wasn't asked anywhere what my residential address in Australia would be.

should they ask you for an Australian address put the work address perhaps?

Guest cazbob

that appears to be from the nomination form 1196n, yes?

i just checked and i put in my home address and I don't think any issue was raised with this.

I still don't quite know how they would expect you to have an address in Australia. Anyone??

when applying for the Visa online that question is phrased as follows:

Residential address details

Note: A Post Office box address is not acceptable as a residential address. Failure to give a residential

address will result in your application being invalid.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi dears!

I can't understand the presice meanings of these word: an offshore & an onshore applicant:confused:

Could anyone give some definitions on that? In what case will I be an offshore or an onshore??

thanks

Off shore = not in Australia at time of application.

On shore = In Australia at time of application.

Archived