Car finance on a 457 visa (been here a week)

foy465

We have just tried to get a car on finance over 3 yrs with a local dealship to be refused due to not having any payslips. I had read on here of numerous people being able to get car finance with a contract of employment.

Anyone any advice please? This was a holden garage and wasn't for a ridiculous amount or anything ($14k).

Thanks

Guest JK2510

We have been told to provide a payslip and an employers letter stating were in full time permanant work and not on any trials.

We are here on a 176.

We are here on a 176 and obtained car finance from Holden 3 weeks after getting here.

We only had 1 payslip to provide, lease agreements, rental receipt and of course the usual ID.

Hubby is on a 3 month "casual" term though but they still said yes..

Guest JK2510
We are here on a 176 and obtained car finance from Holden 3 weeks after getting here.

We only had 1 payslip to provide, lease agreements, rental receipt and of course the usual ID.

Hubby is on a 3 month "casual" term though but they still said yes..

Was it 1 months payslip or 1 weeks payslip??

Guest gail2010

we got approved finance on the 457 visa depends where you are and how big the company are we got locked into a deal with a rogue seller that we didnt want to go ahead with and we are very anti car companies and sticking with our old car at the moment!! If you are in perth area I can recommend a company to try, if you have credit card with UK you could try buying with that, otherwise you need to try and get a credit history by buying smaller things and paying them off quick!

Guest Home Loan Experts

You can get finance for a car loan while on a 457 visa however the loan term must usually be for less time than the term of your visa. So if you have a 4 year visa then you need to have a 4 year loan term. This is not a big deal for most people.

Note that some lenders will not lend to you while on a 457 as you are a temporary resident. 176 is fine is it is a permanent visa.

Generally lenders require two forms of income verification OR one payslip. So a contract of employment plus a letter from your employer is usually ok. Some lenders may ask you to wait until you have your first payslip.

Guest JK2510

Great thanks.

We will wait until next weeks payslip I think. He's only been paid for 2 days work this week what with the BH!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scottpaul64

Hi,

been here 18months now and we needed to buy car when we first arrived. Had the cash to pay for the car outright but we were encouraged to take out finance. My advice to you is not to take out finance with the garage but to go to the bank. You will be hammered with a high interest rate and fees which will shock you. Paying off early has no advantage. Be very careful and read small print and dont expect them to tell you everything, you really need to read small print and ask questions.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest paulandsharron
we got approved finance on the 457 visa depends where you are and how big the company are we got locked into a deal with a rogue seller that we didnt want to go ahead with and we are very anti car companies and sticking with our old car at the moment!! If you are in perth area I can recommend a company to try, if you have credit card with UK you could try buying with that, otherwise you need to try and get a credit history by buying smaller things and paying them off quick!

Hi, I'm in Perth, can I ask for details of the company you recommend, thanks.

Paul

Guest gail2010
Hi, I'm in Perth, can I ask for details of the company you recommend, thanks.

Paul

Its a place called manheim fowles you can google them and see the cars they have online, you can buy at the price online or go to auction, the cars have been fully checked over and any problems listed. the cars are mainly ex government, the place was recommended to us by a relocation agent, the staff are fab and really friendly! For finance I think you need 20 per cent deposit dont quote me on that though, that is just what we were going to put down!!!

I wouldnt recommend John Hughes though as there prices are way too high and there customer service shocking, we got hooked into a deal by a dodgy sales rep who told us we could think about it and werent held to buying a car till we phoned back on the monday and said we wanted to wait we had to get a justice of the peace to get us out of the deal very stressful times!!! Dont sign anything unless it states clearly you are under no obiligation, no cooling off period to think about things like UK!!!

• 1 year later...

I can assist with financing cars on a 457 visa, you will require minimum of 30% deposit.

Regards

Barry

ph +6147 541 673

We have just tried to get a car on finance over 3 yrs with a local dealship to be refused due to not having any payslips. I had read on here of numerous people being able to get car finance with a contract of employment.

Anyone any advice please? This was a holden garage and wasn't for a ridiculous amount or anything ($14k).

Thanks

Archived