Shipping My Tools To Canberra

steve robbo

Has anyone shipped Mechanics Tools To Australia(canberra)?:confused:

I didn't have that much to ship, my spray guns, airlines & respirators etc & a cab of tools - I just gave them a wipe over to clean them & vacuumed the crap from inside the drawers, then locked it & taped the key on to it in case AQIS wanted to look inside, they gave the container a good going over but left all the boxes with tools alone.

I have read a post where the guy ran his tools through the dishwasher but I know my wife would go bananas if she caught me doing that!

I didn't have that much to ship, my spray guns, airlines & respirators etc & a cab of tools - I just gave them a wipe over to clean them & vacuumed the crap from inside the drawers, then locked it & taped the key on to it in case AQIS wanted to look inside, they gave the container a good going over but left all the boxes with tools alone.

I have read a post where the guy ran his tools through the dishwasher but I know my wife would go bananas if she caught me doing that!

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply, but I really need to know which Shipping Company to use and also the Cost? I see you are a Body Shop Man! My Tool Boxes Will Prob cost More to Ship than yours did (due to weight and the volume of the boxes)?

Where about in Canberra are you guys and whats life like there,is it worth all the cost+ effort to get there?

Don't think Wendy will let me use the Dishwasher,as it's New!!! Lol.

Thanks,

Steve,Wendy+Georgia. :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin:

Guest perth42

Steve - try sending Dawn a pm (redsrobberdog) Her hubby's had his shipped out (to Perth). Are you shipping ahead of household goods?

Lou

Steve - try sending Dawn a pm (redsrobberdog) Her hubby's had his shipped out (to Perth). Are you shipping ahead of household goods?

Lou

Hi Lou,thanks for the info. I will send Dawn a PM now.

Thanks again.

Steve,Wendy+Georgia :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Guest happycrappy

Me and Noreen have some mates that moved over a few years ago, they brought a lot of tools and boxes with them try Masons International believe they're pretty cheap. Have been told if your old tool boxes are too dirty or full of rust it'll be easier to buy new although if its a snap-on then maybe try and clean up the existing.

Whats the rules when shipping my toolbox to Oz? Obviously I will have to make sure everything is clean but what about my spares draw? Am i going to have to get rid of everything? Also does it matter that I have recently bought some new tools? How fussy are they?

Archived