Aussie home prices world's most-overpriced

amibovered

Guest guest37336

Hi Bovered.

Have you tried the 'Welcome' thread, this is generally a good way of introducing yourself, you never know, you may find a few more replies being a little more 'welcoming' matey.

Cheers Tony.

And what if this is a genuine person? (Shake head in frustration at the rude welcoming, where's OUR manners!)

Welcome to POI, and yes I agree - the house prices in Australia can be very high, all depends on where you live.

And what if this is a genuine person? (Shake head in frustration at the rude welcoming, where's OUR manners!)

Welcome to POI, and yes I agree - the house prices in Australia can be very high, all depends on where you live.

Or even PIO! :wacko:

Guest guest30038

In the same place as the OP's. Perhaps if they introduced themselves, it might be a bit more welcoming :yes:

In the same place as the OP's. Perhaps if they introduced themselves, it might be a bit more welcoming :yes:

I feel thats a little bit too conditioning. Are there rules to how one needs to introduce themselves on here? Surely anyone can come on here and discuss whatever they wish? Same as anyone can reply, but if this is a new person, they may have read lots already and finally gained enough courage to post. It is quite intimidating joining a forum and it would be nice to just reply instead of sarcasm.

Guest guest30038
I feel thats a little bit too conditioning. Are there rules to how one needs to introduce themselves on here? Surely anyone can come on here and discuss whatever they wish? Same as anyone can reply, but if this is a new person, they may have read lots already and finally gained enough courage to post. It is quite intimidating joining a forum and it would be nice to just reply instead of sarcasm.

And now they have the desired effect. :rolleyes:

Would you walk into a roomful of strangers and suddenly start a conversation without introducing yourself? If you did, would you be viewed with suspicion or cordially welcomed?

Can't see the OP complaining, in fact, they seem to be 'avin a larf...........so what's your problem?

And now they have the desired effect. :rolleyes:

Would you walk into a roomful of strangers and suddenly start a conversation without introducing yourself? If you did, would you be viewed with suspicion or cordially welcomed?

Can't see the OP complaining, in fact, they seem to be 'avin a larf...........so what's your problem?

OP is not complaining because they have logged back in with their normal account :biggrin:

Guest Bobby

Anyway, you do not to post the link that Oz houses are way overpriced as we all know they are, the same as the UK was 10 years ago untill reality clicked in and know they are falling fast and will drop at least another 20% over the next few years till they balance at a realistic value....the same will happen in Oz no dought.

Article was in the Daily Mail before it hit Aus, sometimes I think journos here have a space to fill and they just import articles from the Mail, seems to be happening more and more.

As has been said we know, unfortunately its no comfort to those looking for a home or those that have just committed to one.

Article was in the Daily Mail before it hit Aus, sometimes I think journos here have a space to fill and they just import articles from the Mail, seems to be happening more and more.

As has been said we know, unfortunately its no comfort to those looking for a home or those that have just committed to one.

I really hope that Aussies have more sense than their British counterparts and don't slavishly believe everything they read in the papers. The UK media drive me bananas with their constant and unending stream of bad news stories, planting seeds of discontent and fear and then watering them regularly! Far from being unbiased or moderate, they embellish and embroider in order to line their own pockets.....and we fall for it every time!!!!!! :realmad:

Found this very interesting to read, thank you amibovered. Hope the bubble don't burst though as OH is counting on things being good in Oz, although if the construction industry does take a nose dive like it has over here at least he'll be happy on the beach while I'm at work! :laugh:

Glad you found it useful, it is a bit of a worry and with personal debt in Australia being amongst the highest in the world and interest rates on the rise it's hard to believe that there won't be a correction at some stage, however I drive all over Melbourne and there are still a lot of house's being built and with all the damage from the recent natural disasters I would imagine that there would be plenty of construction work for a while yet, tell your OH not to dust off his beach towel just yet :biggrin:

Archived