Ambulance Bill $$$

k1rsty

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest siamsusie
Has anyone had a ambulance bill over here?? Did you pay it?? I've got one but im not sure what to do... i didnt call for it nor was i in any fit state to refuse it!! What to do??

:arghh:

Are you not insured for Ambulance care at all?

Guest siamsusie
That's one good thing you do not get in the UK, bills for an ambulance...my god.

Actually I once received an ambulance bill in London, I disputed it and it went by the wayside.

Another poster also in London I believe had the same thing happen to her.

Queensland have their ambulance cover on their electricity bills

Tasmania it is free

Medibank private covered ours in WA and covers us on the mainland

Guest Bobby
Actually I once received an ambulance bill in London, I disputed it and it went by the wayside.

Another poster also in London I believe had the same thing happen to her.

Queensland have their ambulance cover on their electricity bills

Tasmania it is free

Medibank private covered ours in WA and covers us on the mainland

Ambulance bill in London :wideeyed: for what and when, never ever heard of that.

Guest siamsusie
No i havnt or i wouldnt be in this situation!!!

Yes it is but im not in the UK!!!

Without knowing the situation its difficult to comment on! It is a requirement that many overlook but it can cost you as you have found out. Sorry to hear of your predicament.

Guest siamsusie
Ambulance bill in London :wideeyed: for what and when, never ever heard of that.

On my motorbike and getting thrown by a car in Trinity Road SW17... a nice wee bill ended up on my door step.

I was shocked.. seeing I am in the medical profession, my collegues laughed it off but never the less it appeared.

The do apparently chase you for payment...not sure how far they would go though. that is one thing I keep meaning to get and still haven't!

I was also charged for an ambulance in Hastings East sussex, I fell off my moped in the ice, someone else call them..they charged me. and my husband had a mad woman walk in front of him on his motorbike and he got the ambulance bill too (the ambulance was for her not him). That one i refused to pay...they tried debt collectors but dropped it at the last hurdle.

Guest siamsusie
The do apparently chase you for payment...not sure how far they would go though. that is one thing I keep meaning to get and still haven't!

I was also charged for an ambulance in Hastings East sussex, I fell off my moped in the ice, someone else call them..they charged me. and my husband had a mad woman walk in front of him on his motorbike and he got the ambulance bill too (the ambulance was for her not him). That one i refused to pay...they tried debt collectors but dropped it at the last hurdle.

Morning Sue,

Ambo cover has to be a priority, its so damned expensive otherwise. St. Johns Ambo cover isnt that much for WA.

Isnt always the way when you least expect it.

:hug:

Guest Bobby
On my motorbike and getting thrown by a car in Trinity Road SW17... a nice wee bill ended up on my door step.

I was shocked.. seeing I am in the medical profession, my collegues laughed it off but never the less it appeared.

Why did you get a bill? they do not charge for an ambulance in the UK...is it because you were not from a European Union Country? I am shocked.

Guest siamsusie
Why did you get a bill? they do not charge for an ambulance in the UK...is it because you were not from a European Union Country? I am shocked.

I have always held a Dutch and English passport it has nothing to do with it at all. :frown:

And care to read Sue Yuills post, she also had the same thing ok!!!

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090405024811AAFw8pk

Guest Bobby
I have always held a Dutch and English passport it has nothing to do with it at all. :frown:

Glad you compalined as I have just looked and ambulances are covered by the NHS and no way should you have paid as they are provided free of charge, someone must have been trying it on with you.

Guest siamsusie
siamsusie... I fell down the up escolator i had a cut to my head which like head injuries do bled quite a bit!! The train officers rang the ambo so i got told but was in not state to refuse it!!!

:hug:Kirsty, and of of course in line with H & S they would have to call an ambulance.

I hope you have recovered now... Is there any chance they will accept installments Kirsty, and what sort of money are they looking for?

Susie xx

Yeh i guess so!! Just wish i could have said im fine i will get a taxi, lol!! Im just about there still a little sore in places!!! I dont know i will maybe have to ring and see, i dont want it hanging over me im not the kind of person to not pay things but when i have an argument i stick to my guns and will fight it out!! I am hoping to apply for sponsorship so i know for a fact they will trace it back at some point my family and friends are telling me not to pay thats why im so confused!!

Kirsty xx

Guest Guest31881

If you are involved in a road traffic accident in the UK and you are taken to Hospital for treatment The Insured person (normally car driver) receives a bill for emergency treatment for every person treated from that accident. It should just be passed to the insurance company, if you check you policy it normally states that this bill will be paid without affecting your no claims bonus. The bill is issued under the road traffic act (1942 I think) . Not sure of the charge now it used to be around £30 per person. Passengers and pedestrians should not get a bill only the insured.

It does not matter if you go by ambulance or walk into hospital you will get the bill. Although people think its for the Ambulance the bill is actually sent by the treating hospital. There is no charge for Ambulance but because people get this bill after an RTA they always think its for ambulance.

Hope that clears it up.

Guest siamsusie

Kirsty, have done a quick scoot around for you on the net and of course reciprocal care isnt covered as far as ambulances are concerned.

I am enclosing a link for WA because I dont know where you are for Citzens Adice Bureaus, maybe make an appt and see someone .

Legal Aid - Western Australia

I really hope you can sort it out, I am sure this isnt the first time this has happened.

Very best wishes

Susie x

http://www.lets-getaway.com/ambulance.htm

Western Australia

If you are a Western Australia resident you can choose either to take out ambulance stand-alone cover with St John’s Ambulance or an approved private health insurance fund which would cover you for ambulance transport Australia wide. If you need an ambulance and you have no ambulance cover you will be responsible for payment of the account.

Guest Guest31881

How many states charge for the Ambulance......

In QLD we pay a Levey on our electricity and that pays the bill, if we go interstate have to carry something with proof of QLD address to cover any bills.

Tasmania i believe is free, what about others ?

Now I don't mean to imply any impropriety on your part.

If you fell on the escalator for no fault of your own, I would have thought the owner of the building may have some liability and public liability insurance which might cover your expenses.

If though for example you were drunk or similar, I'm not sure on whether they would have to pay.

You may be able to argue that you didn't call the ambulance and didn't want it.

As others have said ambulance cover is quite cheap and worth having if you don't have private health insurance, which usually includes ambulance.

Guest siamsusie

No  Boundaries

This is quite a useful link for Ambulance cover throughout Australia.

Tasmania failed to answer the survey lol but for residents of Tasmania Ambulance cover is free.

Archived