Visa Label query

Meadows73

Hi there

I wonder if anyone knows the answer to this one.

I was recently granted my RSMS 119 Visa on 16 Feb 11-initial date of entry no later than 28 May 11 . I went to the Australian High Commission in London on 21 Feb 11 along with the grant letter to have the Visa label put in our UK passports.

However the label actually says "Initial Entry by 17 Feb 11" although it goes on to say "Must not arrive after 16 Feb 16".

Now I am confused, it seems to be to read that I have to have entered Australia by 17 Feb 11, should it not say 28 May 11- the date in my grant letter? I do not want to arrive in Australia on 19 Mar 11 and find that I should have been here by 17 Feb 11 as it says in the passports and have to argue the situation with immigration?

Hi there

I wonder if anyone knows the answer to this one.

I was recently granted my RSMS 119 Visa on 16 Feb 11-initial date of entry no later than 28 May 11 . I went to the Australian High Commission in London on 21 Feb 11 along with the grant letter to have the Visa label put in our UK passports.

However the label actually says "Initial Entry by 17 Feb 11" although it goes on to say "Must not arrive after 16 Feb 16".

Now I am confused, it seems to be to read that I have to have entered Australia by 17 Feb 11, should it not say 28 May 11- the date in my grant letter? I do not want to arrive in Australia on 19 Mar 11 and find that I should have been here by 17 Feb 11 as it says in the passports and have to argue the situation with immigration?

It looks like they have made am mistake with your visa label. I would go back to them and ask for another. It is probably ok because the date will be recorded correctly in the system, but I would be a nbit uncomfortable about that myself and would try to get it corrected.

Our initial date of entry was from the date when they recieved meds/police checks,maybe the same? mines old type visa,but think entry dates from checks are the same now,dont argue anything,make the date! deffo

They can't make the date because it is in the past and was the day after the visa grant letter. :wink:

Hello again

Are there any knowledgeable MIAs out there who may know the answer to this problem?

I e-mailed the High Commission in London about the visa label query and they tell me despite my grant letter saying we have to be in Australia before 28 May 11, the visa label still says 17 Feb 11 and that is correct.

They tell me to go back to the CO because the 17 Feb 11 may relate to police or medical check dates (which I don't think it does) .

We only have just over 2 weeks before we fly on 17 Mar 11. My CO only ever worked part time, do I still go through my MIA, I would have thought we would not be clients anymore since the visa was granted? The Co has previously refused to talk to me before as I had a MIA.

I am ready to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I had some advice but I am not sure if you want it? If you are only interested in the opinion of agents then may I suggest you make an appointment with one, just in case none see your thread and as time is pressing. :unsure:

Well I had some advice but I am not sure if you want it? If you are only interested in the opinion of agents then may I suggest you make an appointment with one, just in case none see your thread and as time is pressing. :unsure:

Hello there

My apologies if I have offended anyone,that was not my intention. I am interested in any advice anyone could give, I just thought that perhaps only MIAs would be able answer my query. I did look but I could not see anyone else with a similar problem after doing a search on this forum.

Thank you.

Hello there

My apologies if I have offended anyone,that was not my intention. I am interested in any advice anyone could give, I just thought that perhaps only MIAs would be able answer my query. I did look but I could not see anyone else with a similar problem after doing a search on this forum.

Thank you.

I am not offended, just thought you only wanted advice of a migration agent and I genuinely do not know what to do fro the best when somebody says they want a migration agent to comment. If I were worried about my visa I might also prefer an agent's view, I just wouldn't go to an open forum if that were the case because an agent might not see your query.

So I shall throw in my tuppence then.

Firstly, I think Australia House are wrong and have made a mistake. It is inconceivable to me that your visa would have been granted on one day with a first entry date the following day. If it were that close, DIAC would have extended or told you to retake medicals / resend PCC checks.

Nevertheless, they have a reputation of being a bit hopeless so other than contacting them again, just in case somebody sees sense you could be wasting your time.

I would definitely recommend contacting your CO by email, just to clarify the initial entry date and to tell them what has transpired. Your CO might be part time but there is still a week or two and plenty of time for them to get back to you. We got our visa over a year ago, but we left the country (temporarily) recently and had a small problem, I emailed my CO, knowing that my visa application case was closed but they answered me within 24 hours.

Next I wanted to point out that there is no requirement to get your visa evidenced in your passport anyway. If you had not done this, you would not be having this issue and would be happily flying over to Australia in a couple of weeks.

Your visa is stored electronically, so long as those records are up to date you are fine. There is an online system in which you can check your visa status, it is called VEVO.

http://www.immi.gov.au/managing-australias-borders/compliance/working-legally/evo-for-visa-holders.htm

You can confirm your visa status using this system. For your peace of mind, I recommend you try this, I believe you will see that you are valid visa holders and can put your mind at rest.

So long as you can get on the plane you will be fine, carry visa grant letters, maybe print out of what you find on VEVO and take that with you too.

Hi there Pumpkin

Well i got in touch with my MIA, who bless his cotton socks, contacted the CO. Today I got a reply back, the CO admits to making a data input error, which is now corrected. So I am now very relieved.

Thanks for your kind advice and for everyone else who contributed.

PIO rocks!

Archived