I thought I share this...

landv

Guest guest30038
You only really get back what you give :biggrin:

That's why everyone is so friendly towards me...............except a few PIOers of course :biglaugh:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy, friendly customer service in the UK. WHAT? Dont make me laugh. Try living in a small town, one in which you were not born, one where the shops/cafes/bars have no serious competition. They dont give a toot, no service, say "good morning" but you might as well talk to yourself when dealing with youngsters and young adults. If Oz customer service is gettinglike the USA, great, another reason to go. Thouse who wish to return, please do so. Means more jobs for those starting out. Best of luck with it and seeking employment. But i would be interested to know if so many would retutn if they had to surrender thier visas?

Good for you. :cute:

Is there any chance you could keep your head under the water in the pool for a little longer? :wubclub: You know that crucial few minutes.

First white winter I have ever experienced and I loved it :jiggy:it was actually snowing as we went to the pub on xmas day and they hade 3 roaring lof fires going, free pork pie, black pudding etc, some hated the winter but I loved the crisp cloudless days we have had in London this winter, now spring is on it's way and the blackbirds are singing outside right now in the afternoon sun.:notworthy:

Happy, friendly customer service in the UK. WHAT? Dont make me laugh. Try living in a small town, one in which you were not born, one where the shops/cafes/bars have no serious competition. They dont give a toot, no service, say "good morning" but you might as well talk to yourself when dealing with youngsters and young adults. If Oz customer service is gettinglike the USA, great, another reason to go. Thouse who wish to return, please do so. Means more jobs for those starting out. Best of luck with it and seeking employment. But i would be interested to know if so many would retutn if they had to surrender thier visas?

You honestly do not think it is any different in Oz to you :embarrassed: people in Oz and the UK are low paid by firms that do not give a toss about them if the truth be told, the only ones who are really intrested in you are thye ones that own their own shops and want you to come back, shop assiatantswho work for the big shops are just looking at the clock and are not that intrested in your health or how your day has been in all honesty....and can you blame them?

yes i do. Plus its simple manners and being polite. Still you can slate OZ all you want (not specifically you) it cannot be any worse than the hole we live in. Chav tastic.

Hoons in Oz are just as bad as chavs in England believe me, depending on what area you live in Oz or the UK you wil get anti-social behaviour, kids in oz are no different to kids in the UK and rebel and cause trouble drinking and taking drugs.

Different Countries same problems.

I do not regonise the UK as a hole as I do not see Oz as a hole, cannot really understand why you look at it like that to be honest.

p.s I do not slate Australia in any of my posts, I just point out that it has the same problems as the UK and when you live there you will see for yourself, I love both Countries in equal measure.

i see no difference whatsoever with shop assistants in Oz or the UK.

God I'd forgotten about having to let the car 'warm up' only been gone a couple of years as well - certainly don't miss that

Instead its let the car cool down for a few minutes otherwise you'll burn yourself on the seats and steering wheels! :jiggy:

We have come across rude and obnoxious sales assistants in both uk and Oz, old and young! As far as getting Jobs, we have found it far easier in the uk than Oz!

Would we have returned so quickly knowing we would have to surrender our Visa's?

Yes we would have, but thats going by the reasons we as a family chose to return! :wub:

Guest janeubu
you forgot to add ,the sound of ice being scrapped of car windows every winter morning,:laugh: the sound of car engines running for ages as they try to heat up the cars, the smell of engine fumes while drinking a hot cup of tea at your front door making sure your car doent get stolen,the sound of soothing heavy rain drops for hours on end ,the wet feeling .....theres nothing like that .......having to work in the rain all day on site ,yes....i will never forget that feeling of having wet feet for 10 hrs a day ...........your right that really does sum the uk up:dull:.......and thats why we left and thats why we are staying .....................i could go on for hours but im off to cool down in the pool.......enjoy the honeymoon period in the uk but reality will soon set in.............:yes:

wow good for you good news you love wa il be goin very soon,is the cost of living really expensive by the looks of it?:jiggy:

God I'd forgotten about having to let the car 'warm up' only been gone a couple of years as well - certainly don't miss that

Get a garage, problem solved :wink:

Guest chris955

You can't buy a house with a garage in England, you are lucky if you get a garden or a roof and someone has probably stolen the front door, if you had one in the first place.

You can't buy a house with a garage in England, you are lucky if you get a garden or a roof and someone has probably stolen the front door, if you had one in the first place.

We had a garage in our house in England. Im sure where you're going in SW England you'll get a garage easily.

Guest chris955

Yes sorry I resorted to sarcasm which I shouldn't. Every house we have 'looked' at has had at least a single garage and most have a double.

Guest clazzaclan
I thought you knew my story Chris.

We've been here almost 3 years, the first year was great, enjoyed it, felt like holiday, homesickness came and went, dealt with it, it's part of moving to another country.

Then we had a baby last year and since then I just want to go home, where we belong, back to our family, our daughter to be part of the family, for her grandparents to see her grow up, I think that is the worst for me, that my parents and in-laws are not seeing her growing up. Also it might sound weird, but being a country girl I want my daughter to experience the same things what I experienced as a child, I want to teach her about the countryside and the changing of the seasons, I know nothing about the country life here in Oz, Im still learning the wildlife, and what poisonous and what not :twitcy:, I feel I can't teach her that.

I just feel that living here is not worthy enough to family missing out on us (if that makes sense). And of course I love the UK, always have always will.

My OH is not as bad as I am, he deals with it a lot easier than I do. But I think he's opinion has also changed since the birth of our daughter.

In a nutshell, if I had known what I know now, I would have never came. But that's life, you live and learn as they say.

I think you are very brave and very honest and if that's how you feel you should go or it. Life is too short if you know where you want to be. Having a baby is certainly a turning point in a woman,s life and truly makes us realise what is most important to us..

Good luck to you, I hope it works out for you. :smile:

I think you are very brave and very honest and if that's how you feel you should go or it. Life is too short if you know where you want to be. Having a baby is certainly a turning point in a woman,s life and truly makes us realise what is most important to us..

Good luck to you, I hope it works out for you. :smile:

ooh look a post that talks sense and respects other people's P O V...:hug:

But i would be interested to know if so many would retutn if they had to surrender thier visas?

Interestingly, that is what inadvertently happens to someone when leaving Aus permanently to live elsewhere, unless one is a citizen of course.

Well, seeing as the subject matter is poetry, here's one of my pathetic attempts. The boats's now gone :cry: but I have the memory. :yes:

MUSINGS OF A MIGRANT

I love my boat, she's good for me

She takes me out across the sea

To places I've not seen before

Majestic dunes and golden shore

The bays, the creeks, I love to roam

Since first I called Australia home

A crowded beach, that's not for me

For I prefer tranquillity

The dugong, turtle, mighty whale

They fill my thoughts when first I sail

From ramp, to beacon, then out of sight

Into the beauty of first light

Far from worries, care and woe

To beauteous sights, I now do go

The mangrove trees, the soldier crab

Who moves across the mud so drab

But even “drab" is beautiful

If viewed through eyes that are not dull

So*what* about the mortgage rate?

So *what* about the bill paid late?

So *what* about the price of fuel?

So *what* about the hosepipe rule?

So *what* about the strife torn world

And all the insults that are hurled

By pollies who somehow fail to see

How many more are just like me

Who simply like the finer things

That this Lucky Country brings

The buzzards call, the eagle's cry

Gliding gracefully 'cross the sky

The sparkling sea, the glistening sand

The sunrise spreading 'cross the land

The mighty cliffs, the breaker's roar

The wash retreating from the shore

The heron's stalk, the plovers walk

These the things of which I talk

To children who are filled with awe

Of all these things and many more

All these things I hold quite dear

When seen through eyes that are now clear

From mist of toil and haze of war

And all that has been gone before

By men who know not what I know

Of wonderment and nature's glow

I love my boat she's good to me

But more than this, I plainly see

It wasn't her that gave to me

It was Australia, don't you see?

You wrote this :wink:

Is this you then?

Through My Eyes

Guest clazzaclan
ooh look a post that talks sense and respects other people's P O V...:hug:

Thank you.... U know what, nothing is cut and dry in this life! One thing i hate about us, (THE HUMAN RACE)))), We are so quick to judge others! Why???? Usually to be right, insecure, power, who knows!!!! All i know is, there are too many people on this site that dictate rather than just listen and respect others wishes!!! I really admire those who stand up and say,, "U KNOW WHAT, I HAVE TRIED IT, BUT IT WASN'T FOR ME"!!!!! Life is simply too precious and too short to prove a point to anyone! Go with your guts, heart and head! A combination of all 3 are usually right!

:yes:

Archived