Looking for people in melbourne...

Guest Mowday

Guest Amyfriend

Hey Sarah I am 26 and have been living in Melbourne for 6months now, whereabouts do you live in melbourne, I am based in south Yarra

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottish shell
Hey everybody

Glad I found this thread! My husband and I moved to Melbourne a few months ago and have just got settled in to jobs etc and want to get a social life back!! We are 31 and 33 and live in Mornington but work in the city.

Boys night, girls night or mixed- feel free to PM if anyone wants to meet up for a chat/ beer etc!

Elaine and Alan (user ID: Karner)

Hi Elaine, Alan.

My hyusband and I have hust arrived 3 weeks ago to the day....living in heidelberg, we are in the same boat,would love to meet up in few weeks to drink n laugh. So need social life xx

We are from Sunny Scotland, im 29...the big 30 this year, and Ivan my hubby 38 . Im a nurse he is still searching for a job but is prison work background.

Guest scottish shell
Hey People,

Did anything happen???

Me and the Mrs would be up for a meal out or something?? If everyone who is interested wants to e-mail me on alex@f2002.fsnet.co.uk I will pull it together..maybe a meal in the city after work on a Friday?

Cheers

Alex

Hey Alex me and the hubby are in the same boat, would love to meet up with new mates, We arrived 3 weeks ago , im a nurse he is prison work background x

Guest scottish shell

Just realised I posted replies straight after one another....makes us seem depserate lol...were not weird I promise, just may kill one another without other social gropus lol

Guest GillMac

Hi All,

Great to find this today !

Craig and I moved out here in January from Glasgow and are living in Williamstown. We are both in our mid-thirties with no kids and whilst we are a bit over the clubbing stage now, we would love to meet up with others for drinks, dinners, bbqs etc.

It would be great to say hello .... :biggrin:

Gill

Guest Mr and Mrs Smith

Hi all,

My wife and i have been here now for three months and we are enjoying the aussie way of life. We are both in our early 30's with no kids and living in the Carnegie area. We would love to meet up for a beer and chat.

Never done this before so not sure what to do next?

Arran & Rachel

Well, it looks like there are quite a few of us who would like to meet for a drink and a chat ... I think someone just needs to organise it! I've got a job interview (first one in Oz!!) on Thursday so I can't really think about anything else, but I'll try to get a few options together this weekend - unless someone beats me to it :biggrin:

Guest scottish shell

Hey Everyone...

This sounds really great, My hubby and I are from Bathgate, as I mentioned before we have been here only a few weeks lol. We are living in heidelberg so the same goes in relation to accesibility . Think the city would possibly be better for everyone as a meet up, ?? Any suggestions.

Im going to sit n have a glass of wine and chill after a hard shift...hope you are all doing good,and hubby n I hope to be sharing our wee drinking sessions with new friends soon.

OH ps...Good luck with the interview ..let us know how it goes :jiggy:

Michelle N Ivan

Guest Revs30

Just had an idea.

We (myself 32, wife 33, son 3, daughter 1) are moving to Melbourne from the UK first week in June.

Why don't we set a facebook page up for Poms in Melbourne? That way we could all chat/facebook each other which could be easier for people like me with the app on their phones.

Good/Bad Idea?????

Let me know

:smile:

Guest Mr and Mrs Smith

Well i am not that familar with pubs in Melbourne city centre but have googled british pubs and come up with The sherlock holmes pub (http://thesherlockholmes.com.au/). Seems fitting as we are all poms that our first meet should be there!

We are around on Sunday afternoon this weekend if that is good with anyone else. So could meet at say 3pm for a few beers and chat?

Anyone fancy that?

Thanks

Arran and Rachel

Guest Mr and Mrs Smith

Hi all,

If people cannot make this weekend as it is quite short notice and also people may not check this regulary then why don't we set the meet for next weekend -

Date: Sunday 17th April

Time: 2pm

Venue: Sherlock Holmes Pub (The Sherlock Holmes Inn - Melbourne Pub. Collins Street) in Melbourne city centre?

How does this sound to everyone? Reply back with thoughts or confirmations and hopefully we can all have a few beers and good laugh!!

Arran & Rachel

Guest morty

hi

im new to this thread, i moved here 4 months ago. I am currently living in Newport nr Williamstown I have met some good friends through this site already, but looking to expand my social network. So i will be there on Sunday 17th :-)

emma

Guest Scottish Melbourne

Hi.

Moved to Australia (St Kilda) last Jan from Edinburgh.

Having had a very busy social life back in Scotland....To virtually nothing here in sunny OZ, I would love to come along next Sunday.

See you all there.

Aaron

Hi all,

If people cannot make this weekend as it is quite short notice and also people may not check this regulary then why don't we set the meet for next weekend -

Date: Sunday 17th April

Time: 2pm

Venue: Sherlock Holmes Pub (The Sherlock Holmes Inn - Melbourne Pub. Collins Street) in Melbourne city centre?

How does this sound to everyone? Reply back with thoughts or confirmations and hopefully we can all have a few beers and good laugh!!

Arran & Rachel

hi arran n rachel

we have been in st,kilda for 5 months now and come from glasgow, we re always up for drinks and a laugh so would be great to meet new people! al jus have to check with the wife to see if shes off on sunday! will keep checkin and post later ! :jiggy:

cheers charlie n lynn

Guest Jules in Melb
hi arran n rachel

we have been in st,kilda for 5 months now and come from glasgow, we re always up for drinks and a laugh so would be great to meet new people! al jus have to check with the wife to see if shes off on sunday! will keep checkin and post later ! :jiggy:

cheers charlie n lynn

Might be able to come and join you too, been in Melbourne 4 months and would like to make some more friends.

Jules (and Sarah) from London.

Archived