Brisbannittes - 26 February 2011, Redcliffe Meet-Up

Smackey

Hi there,

PLEASE NOTE: CHANGE OF VENUE TO KALINGA PARK, END OF PARK AVENUE, CLAYFIELD - Time 11am

Because Suttons Beach is closed we have done a last minute change of venue. We are moving it to Kalinga Park and suggest that we set up a gazebo on a grassy area near the BBQ's, once you get there you should be able to find us fairly easily, give us a call or send us a message if you can't find us.

Kalinga Park

This park is brilliant! There’s a huge sandpit, a series of Aussie tree houses, a climbing wall and fun with sounds. On weekends and after school it is buzzing with children climbing, sliding and having lots of fun.

The large flat area beside the playground is perfect for parents to sit down and set up a picnic, plus there are leaf shaped tables, a few shelters and free electric barbeque facilities.

Kalinga Park also has a kid-size practice bikeway, a creek complete with ducks and a nearby dog off-leash area. If you live nearby, ride your bikes along the bike path that stretches from Toombul shopping centre to Grange and beyond.

If you need any more info, directions etc then just PM me and I will try to help. If you've been before then you should be able to spot us fairly easily, if not then just listen out for the English accents or a tell tale Tesco shopping bag! I'll try to remember to take ours.

Hope to see you there.

Sharon

x

What's not allowed on the beach mate?

The beach has been closed since the floods, and I was told it will be Easter until it is open.

I go down every day and it is deserted. last weekend was busy, and lifeguards were patrolling to keep people off. I asked what the problem is and the floods brought a lot of nasties like E coli, asbestos, pesticides & heavy metals. Some people were walking on the beach, but the tide washes all these thing onto the sand & they are there for you to collect if you have a graze or scratch. The lagoon is open but anyone is brave to go in it after 9.00 on a weekend.

Sorry mate to bring this news, I have'nt had a swim for 6 weeks because of it.

The best spot at the moment is near the entrance, good grass area, and a good play grond for the kids.

Guest happycrappy
The beach has been closed since the floods, and I was told it will be Easter until it is open.

I go down every day and it is deserted. last weekend was busy, and lifeguards were patrolling to keep people off. I asked what the problem is and the floods brought a lot of nasties like E coli, asbestos, pesticides & heavy metals. Some people were walking on the beach, but the tide washes all these thing onto the sand & they are there for you to collect if you have a graze or scratch. The lagoon is open but anyone is brave to go in it after 9.00 on a weekend.

Sorry mate to bring this news, I have'nt had a swim for 6 weeks because of it.

The best spot at the moment is near the entrance, good grass area, and a good play grond for the kids.

Wow ok thanks for that mate, I've noticed the beach is closed around Woody Point but haven't been any further up the coast, anyways I've got some cattle to drop off first then I'll on my way back I'll come down to see everyone, just hoping there's enough room, maybe be better to park down the road as the trailer gets a bit wiffy

Guest guest30038
Wow ok thanks for that mate, I've noticed the beach is closed around Woody Point but haven't been any further up the coast, anyways I've got some cattle to drop off first then I'll on my way back I'll come down to see everyone, just hoping there's enough room, maybe be better to park down the road as the trailer gets a bit wiffy

Well take Noreen out of it then :biglaugh:

Guest siamsusie
Well take Noreen out of it then :biglaugh:

Kev, please be more compassionate, Noreen (Cow?, Calf??) has feelings as well you know:cute:

Guest guest30038
Kev, please be more compassionate, Noreen (Cow?, Calf??) has feelings as well you know:cute:

Old heffer more like :biglaugh:

Guest happycrappy
Hi there,

PLEASE NOTE: CHANGE OF VENUE TO KALINGA PARK, END OF PARK AVENUE, CLAYFIELD - Time 11am

Because Suttons Beach is closed we have done a last minute change of venue. We are moving it to Kalinga Park and suggest that we set up a gazebo on a grassy area near the BBQ's, once you get there you should be able to find us fairly easily, give us a call or send us a message if you can't find us.

Kalinga Park

This park is brilliant! There’s a huge sandpit, a series of Aussie tree houses, a climbing wall and fun with sounds. On weekends and after school it is buzzing with children climbing, sliding and having lots of fun.

The large flat area beside the playground is perfect for parents to sit down and set up a picnic, plus there are leaf shaped tables, a few shelters and free electric barbeque facilities.

Kalinga Park also has a kid-size practice bikeway, a creek complete with ducks and a nearby dog off-leash area. If you live nearby, ride your bikes along the bike path that stretches from Toombul shopping centre to Grange and beyond.

If you need any more info, directions etc then just PM me and I will try to help. If you've been before then you should be able to spot us fairly easily, if not then just listen out for the English accents or a tell tale Tesco shopping bag! I'll try to remember to take ours.

Hope to see you there.

Sharon

x

Just noticed the change of venue, me and Noreen might come straight there, the cows can have a roam around the park, am sure no one will mind.

Guest guest30038
Pity I won't be able to make it, have a knee injury & can't drive, At Suttons I would have just walked across the road. Never mind next time. Have a good day.

That's me out too. :cry: I'm not having cow shlt on me new joggers :biglaugh:

Guest happycrappy
No, just smells like it :tongue: :biglaugh:

At least she don't smell like some of the cow sh*t thats put on here sometimes.

Guest AndyandYvonneD
Hi there,

Kalinga Park

Hope to see you there.

Sharon

x

Hi Smackey

Is this the park that has Digger's Drive running along side the creek?

If so, I think I know where it is, we might see you there.

Andy&Yvonne

Archived