Visa granted

joemilmoss

Hi got a email from my agent today saying our visa had been granted :biggrin: feel so happy but also nervous after 3 long years of waiting never thought this day would come:biggrin: dont know where to start at whats to do next,had our house on the market for a couple of weeks now so hopefully we will have some intrest real soon. Hoping to be in perth for september time would love to hear from anyone who has recently gone or who will be going,or anyone who can give me any help with areas,schools and what you did at this stage.

hi there, me, my partner and son were in perth for crimbo 2009 as my sister lives in waneroo. great place. there is a great school in woodvale but to be honest all schools are great. were looking to move to perth and live in sinagra, its a new build suberb and is out of this world.

im now waiting to see if ive passed stage 1 which i sent off last monday, fingers crossed

best of luck to you

Guest claire9592

Hi

We're doing our meds next week so should have our Visa by the end of March fingers crossed. We're a bit like you really when to go, what area ect. I've been looking at places to stay on arrival and looking round the Butler area but hard to decide till we get there, scary isnt it.. We also think September is a good time no point putting my lass back into school just to take her out again. Main things now seem to be pricing up shipping, booking flights and find accomodation when we get there. Good luck with everything let me know how you get on, would be good to hear how you get on, I cant start anything until the Visa is in my hand.

Claire

Hi

We're doing our meds next week so should have our Visa by the end of March fingers crossed. We're a bit like you really when to go, what area ect. I've been looking at places to stay on arrival and looking round the Butler area but hard to decide till we get there, scary isnt it.. We also think September is a good time no point putting my lass back into school just to take her out again. Main things now seem to be pricing up shipping, booking flights and find accomodation when we get there. Good luck with everything let me know how you get on, would be good to hear how you get on, I cant start anything until the Visa is in my hand.

Claire

Hey, can you give me any pointers on getting meds and police checks done? what are costs and timelines of each. I know they say not to get these done until requested but we was thinking about getting them done before hand to speed up the process?? any help would be great. thanks :)

Guest claire9592
Hey, can you give me any pointers on getting meds and police checks done? what are costs and timelines of each. I know they say not to get these done until requested but we was thinking about getting them done before hand to speed up the process?? any help would be great. thanks :)

We were told by our agent to wait until you had been assigned a case officer, meds and police checks only take a couple of weeks so I wouldnt worry. They also are only valid for 6 months so if you have any delays you will have wasted your money as will have to do again and it is quite expensive. When we got our case officer they give a 4 week guideline to provide everything.

Claire

Hi

Claire

Hi claire good luck with your medicals are you going to manchester to have them done? we only waited 2 weeks after medicals being finalised to have our visa granted so hopefully not long now. yes it is very scary we thought the same as you no point sending the kids back to school after the 6 weeks if we can manage to sell our house and sort things out by then. keep me posted kelly x

Guest Midlanders

Congrats on your visa......... its been a long time coming for you and we know how you feel as its been 2.5 years since we started the process.

We are also off to perth Nor......... and just cannot wait to get out of the UK........

We had our meds done 2 weeks ago after getting a case officer at the end of Jan... police checks have been returned and sent off.

Had estate agent round and valued and house goes on the market next week.

Also had shippers into quote this week and another next week. Been freshing up the house and de-cluttering and doing some packing and cannot wait for a quite weekend to come again....

God by head is spinning

Best wishes and good luck on your move

Huge Congrats on your visa grant. We moved here 9 months ago & love it. If there's any specific things you need to know do shout & if i can help I will. We stayed NOR when we did our reccie but went SOR when we made the BIG move, so have experienced both & loved both. X

Guest claire9592
Huge Congrats on your visa grant. We moved here 9 months ago & love it. If there's any specific things you need to know do shout & if i can help I will. We stayed NOR when we did our reccie but went SOR when we made the BIG move, so have experienced both & loved both. X

Hi Cazz

Can you recommend anywhere to stay on arrival, I have been looking around they all seem a bit pricy? How long did you commit to the house when you arrived?

Thanks

Do you want NOR hun or SOR. If you want NOR there's a lot on www.holidaylettings.co.uk , there's also some nice ones on www.lets-perth.com . When we did our reccie, we stayed in Mindarie ( NOR) & when we moved here we stayed in Port Kennedy to start with & are now in Meadow Springs on the outskirts of Mandurah. Hubby wants to move a bit further north though as he works at the airport & it's an hours drive from here. To be honest every where is lovely & there's not many places I wouldn't be happy living in.

Guest claire9592

Cazz

Heading North, Clarkson or Butler area I think, have just found a let on holidaylets thanks. How long did it take you to get a rental after you arrived, not sure how long to book the holiday let for?

Thanks

Hi Claire, We had the furnished rental for 4 weeks.It gives you time to get all your stuff sorted, driving licences, bank accounts, medi-care etc & find your feet & get your bearings. It also depends on when all your furniture etc is due to arrive from the uk! Do start searching for a rental as soon as you can though (as in a long term rental). You sometimes have to wait for viewing days to come up, so it's not always instant. Also get some rental forms & fill them in ready, it's surprising how long they take to fill in!

Good luck with everything, it's lovely up around Butler etc, a lot more built up now than when we were up there in 09, Quinns Rock is also really nice & Mindarie. X

Guest ClaireT
Hi got a email from my agent today saying our visa had been granted :biggrin: feel so happy but also nervous after 3 long years of waiting never thought this day would come:biggrin: dont know where to start at whats to do next,had our house on the market for a couple of weeks now so hopefully we will have some intrest real soon. Hoping to be in perth for september time would love to hear from anyone who has recently gone or who will be going,or anyone who can give me any help with areas,schools and what you did at this stage.

Congratulations joemilmoss, its a great feeling getting your visa finally eh? We got our visa at the end of Jan 11 after waiting 2 years. We put our house on the market in November and as soon as it sells were OFF, keeping legs, toes & fingers and everything else crossed it sells soon. Have a few areas on our list but thinking Secret Harbour. Good luck with the house

CLaire

Congrats of your visa!!!!! We got ours (163 Business Visa) on Monday after nearly 18 months of waiting and wishing! Such an amazing feeling, i'm so happy for you. :cute:

We're off to Perth on 01 Sept and hopefully going to live in fremantle. We were there over the new year and its def the place for us! Chilled out, great buildings and the marina is fab. No children so can't say much about the schools. We have friends who live in Quinns Rock and Mindarie (Northern Suburbs) with 2 little girls and they love it.

Good luck with your move.

Exciting time! :jiggy:

Sandra (and Jamie)

Archived