Applied for PR (Subclass 886) state sponsorship as a hairdresser,still no progress!!!

jalils

Hi

I applied for my PR on 14 Sep 2009 ( Subclass 886) under State sponsorship Western Australia as a hairdresser, DIAC has not yet allocate a case officer for me and there is no progress on my case.

I'm so confused , i don't know what category I'm in and how long will it take for my case to be processed.

Is there anyone with the same situation ? can anyone tell what i can do regarding this issue ? I'm really sick of waiting :mad:, sometimes i think with myself, i forget about the PR and Australia and get back to my home country.

Regards

hi jalils

i think its because theres nothing much they can say.

even the registered migration experts on this forum cant give you a reply because, it seems (i could be wrong) DIAC have established a go slow policy in order to put people off applying. its totally unprofessional and comes across very badly but thats the way of it.

i dont think theyve considered the basic injustice of keeping people on temporary residency for years, paying into the tax pot but not reaping any benefits...in effect, to subsidise the permanent population without the security of any rights themselves.

so you have been waiting for what, nearly a year and a half? as a hairdresser, youre one of their more hated demographics at the moment. im a cook and theyve really got the knives out for us, even those of us in the industry and doing okay.

ive found the best way, and its not easy but worth it if you can do it, is to forget all about your immigration status and get on with enjoying life, and i KNOW its hard given that your immigration status affects nearly all aspects of your life; but to do otherwise is to give DIAC the power to make you miserable and right now, im beginning to believe that they want that, such is the unreasonableness of their policies and actions at the moment.

Hi

sometimes i think with myself, i forget about the PR and Australia and get back to my home country.

Regards

It is not a bad option considering the attitude of the govt towards trade persons...

I have lost track of time, but I didn't think SMP were out in June 2010. I recommend you just go to WA website and check it as at today.

If haridresser is on there, then my next recommendation is to give somebody in DIAC a prod to find out what is happening and check your sponsorship is acknowledged. if it is not on the SMP then you could be waiting a little while longer, but nobody knows how long. :sad:

According to the WA Website the new SMP is not out yet , but in the previous one, hairdressing was on demand list , it was when i applied for PR.

Will the new SMP affect me if there is no hairdresser ?

Where on earth are you looking? :unsure: Have you actually looked at the WA website?

If you do as i suggest, them you will unfortunately see that hairdressers are not on the list.

• 7 months later...

Hi all

I just find out that hairdresser is in WA migration plan for years 2011-2012, CLICK HERE

I applied for Skilled- Sponsored Residence (Subclass 886) , on September 2009. According to department of immigration I should be in group priority number 3. Is that right ?

I'm wondering how long will it take for my case to get finalized ? I should mention that, there isn't any case officer allocated for my case after 2 years.

I really appreciate your help.

Archived