Can a secondary holder of a 476 visa apply to PR onshore as a primary applicant

Guest AlexBibin

Guest AlexBibin

Hi,

My spouse and I are holders of a Skilled Recognized Graduate visa

(Subclass 476). I was a primary applicant and my spouse is included in this visa as

secondary applicant.

My spouse satisfies all criteria for applying for a Skilled Permanent Residence Visa (Subclass 885) as a primary applicant and has all supporting documents for that.

We plan to apply for this visa immediately upon arrival to Australia but I am not sure whether she is eligible or not to apply as a primary applicant onshore.

In this respect I kindly request you to advise whether a secondary holder

of Subclass 476 Visa is eligible to apply as primary applicant for Permanent Residency onshore as a primary applicant. Thanks

Guest AlexBibin
Hi,

My spouse and I are holders of a Skilled Recognized Graduate visa

(Subclass 476). I was a primary applicant and my spouse is included in this visa as

secondary applicant.

My spouse satisfies all criteria for applying for a Skilled Permanent Residence Visa (Subclass 885) as a primary applicant and has all supporting documents for that.

We plan to apply for this visa immediately upon arrival to Australia but I am not sure whether she is eligible or not to apply as a primary applicant onshore.

In this respect I kindly request you to advise whether a secondary holder

of Subclass 476 Visa is eligible to apply as primary applicant for Permanent Residency onshore as a primary applicant. Thanks

up...

• 1 month later...

Hi

Im sorry i dont know the answer to your question but was wondering if you could tell me the pass criteria for 476 and how you found the application process?

I have BA(Hons) completed 2010 and im from the uk with 10years working experience.

Whats the difference between this and 175? Im guessing the residency part but wondered if there was anything else...cost? dependants? etc

Any help and information would be very much appreciated.

Claire

Guest AlexBibin
Hi

Im sorry i dont know the answer to your question but was wondering if you could tell me the pass criteria for 476 and how you found the application process?

I have BA(Hons) completed 2010 and im from the uk with 10years working experience.

Whats the difference between this and 175? Im guessing the residency part but wondered if there was anything else...cost? dependants? etc

Any help and information would be very much appreciated.

Claire

Hi,

Basic eligibility criteria are listed here: Skilled – Recognised Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 476).

The key requirement is to be a graduate of an eligible institution with an eligible degree qualification in Engineering. (qualification requirements: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/476/eligibility-qualification.htm; recognized overseas institutions: Skilled – Recognised Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 476)).

The main difference between 476 and 175 is that 476 is a temporary residence visa with a maximum of 18 months stay, while 175 is a permanent residence visa with permission to remain in Australia indefinitely. The fee for 476 is 235 AUD, for 175 is 2575 AUD.

Archived