Looking to make friends in Sydney area

We are new to the Sydney area (North) and are looking to make a few friends. We have none here at the moment and would love to have a chat, drink or meal with some people and talk about things. Is there anyone who would like to chat?

Does anyone know of any social networking sites that are good to use?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thedonnellygang

Hi phil & vikki! how are yous settling in? we move out to sydney in 3 1/2 weeks time and my emotions r everywhere at the moment, would love to meet up with yous when we get there, we also have a 5yr old son and a 2yr old daughter :D Nikki & Richard x

We are new to the Sydney area (North) and are looking to make a few friends. We have none here at the moment and would love to have a chat, drink or meal with some people and talk about things. Is there anyone who would like to chat?

Does anyone know of any social networking sites that are good to use?[/QUOT

hi there,

I'm alayne 36 and my hubby is Kieran,34 no little ones yet but. We have been here for six weeks and are keen to make more friends. We are living in the west but are happy to meet up somewhere else that is convenient for everyone. We have just moved into our new home and hopefully will be organising a wee barbie soon!

If you are organising something then let us know and we will be there. Weekends are probably better for us as hubby works late in construction and is a dirty fecker and needs a good hose down after work and that will probably mean to late for you and the kids. Me on the otherhand working in the city so not so dirty lol

Hope you're settling in well. We have made a couple of friends through this site who we would be lost without.

Take care

Alayne and Kieran

Guest Clare and Neil

Hi Phil and Vikki

We (Clare (35) and Neil (36)) have also just moved to Sydney, and are looking to make new friends. We live close to the CBD in Camperdown. Neil's been here since November (he works for a firm of consulting engineers) and I moved over a few weeks ago after we sold our house in the UK. I'm currently looking for a new marketing job.

We'd be up for meeting up for a coffee etc.

Clare

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies it is great to hear from you. We have been here a month now and love the place and being in Milsons Point is really nice as so close to the bridge. It would be nice to meet up and possibly chat more. We are finding that it is a little hard to make friends here as people are so busy and we have no sitters for the kids, but hopefully we can work something out.

Last night we went to Milsons park and noticed that there was a group of people sat there having a bbq and a chat. Would anyone be up for meeting in a group for a chat and meet up?

Hi Phil and Vikki

would love to meet up for a bbq and natter - we live near the Blue Mountains but love coming into the city. Be great to meet - let us know where and when? You can get contact number off my website or I can PM you.

Guest JuliaW

Hi All

My husband, 1yr old son and I are new to Sydney (4 weeks) having lived in London for the last 10yrs.

We would love to meet some other people/families here. A bbq sounds like a great idea. We live in Pymble (North Shore) but have a car so no issues with getting around.

Does anyone know any good BBQ spots?

Julia

Hi Julie

There are heaps of great BBQ places - we love Watsons Bay - there's a great little play park and a nice bit of sand for the kids to play. I would also like to go to Olympic park as there are some fab picnic spots there.

We live out in Blue Mountains but love coming into the city and we have two children 4 and 1.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JuliaW

Hi Becky

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry it's taken me so long to reply.

Are you around at Easter? Let me through a line out to a few others on the forum and see if anyone would like to do a BBQ.

How do you like living in the Blue Mountains?

Cheers

Julia

Guest JuliaW

Hi Phil and Vicki

How are you settling in?

We moved here 6 weeks ago. I am originally from Brisbane and my husband from NZ but we have both being in the UK for 10yrs and feel quite British at times.

Not sure if you've managed to meet up with anyone from the thread.

I was going to suggest a BBQ on the Easter weekend at a park.

Do you think this is something you'd been interested in?

Maybe we can put in on the forum and see how many people turn up?

Let me know your thoughts.

Julia, Harvey & Oliver (1)

Hi Phil and Vicki

How are you settling in?

We moved here 6 weeks ago. I am originally from Brisbane and my husband from NZ but we have both being in the UK for 10yrs and feel quite British at times.

Not sure if you've managed to meet up with anyone from the thread.

I was going to suggest a BBQ on the Easter weekend at a park.

Do you think this is something you'd been interested in?

Maybe we can put in on the forum and see how many people turn up?

Let me know your thoughts.

Julia, Harvey & Oliver (1)

Hi guys,

We have made contact with a few people from here, who seem very nice, we are meeting one couple tomorrow for a chat and meet up which we are looking forward too.

That sounds a great idea a nice bbq and a few days off over Easter. We sure would be up for that. We will email you and talk about it more.

Phil & Vikki

Guest xaitha

Hi there Phil and Vikki,

I only moved to Sydney in January on my own and I'm always up for trying to meet some new people. I live over in Camperdown, so it wouldn't be too much of a problem to try and find somewhere to meet up if you were interested.

Vanita

Guest Northerngirl

Hi everyone.

I'm 39 and moved to Sydney on my own a month ago. Been settling into my new job but need to meet people to have a social life to! I'd been really keen on a BBQ over Easter. I live in Castle Hill but have a car so can get anywhere for a BBQ and help out with organising.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Whaleys

Hi guys!

My husband & I (both in our early 30's) moved to Sydney a few weeks ago from the UK, we're currently living in the cbd but moving to Pyrmont mid May.

Would love to meet some new people over coffee, drinks or food.

If you guys are meeting up soon, please let us know as we'd love to come along.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Gill & Pete

Sounds like there are a few of us that are up for meeting, just need someone to set a date and a venue. I'd like a Sunday meet, maybe a nice pub lunch or bbq if the weather changes. Anyone available in the next few weeks? I know me and the hubby are free most Sundays at the moment.

Guest Whaleys

Hey guys,

A Sunday works for us.

What does everyone think about Sunday 8th May, for a meet up for lunch, coffee or beers?

Any suggestions on location to meet?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Gill & Pete

Archived