Liars, lazy or sh7t stirrers?

tracy123

I’ve read on countless threads over time on how expensive Australia is? So far I’ve not found this! Granted you need to look to find the bargains but once you know where to look it’s not that hard.....

So my question is,

1/ Are these people lying?

2/ Are they just being lazy? Only going in 1 shop and not looking for the bargains?

3/ Or just sh7t stirring, looking for a reaction?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it is expensive. I've done enough research to come to that conclusion and I'm going out with that in mind. It still works financially for us and of course there are some things I've found to be a lot cheaper than the UK.

However there appears to be some on here only wish to portray things negatively and will push the point as often as possible often showing a worst case scenario as the normal.

got to say i've not found much difference in it, pennys and cents if anything.

oi shark, no need for that.. use abit of wit if your gonna give him greif hey

it was a joke ,and i totally agree with geoff,and glad to see him back

Guest Guest16631

What one person finds expensive another may say is a bargain,it all depends on how you choose to live,Itry to buy fruit and veg at markets and grow a lot of my own so find buying it expensive,but my mum finds aldi fruit and veg a good price . I think as with every where it is just how you choose to live :smile:

Guest Guest40285

What ever ya reckon Champ, Australia is dear as pioson now, everything from meat to toilet rolls, No one is lying the cost of living here is very expensive, I have been here 16 years and seen everything just keep going up, sometimes yeah you find a bargain. My olds have been coming to Aus from the UK on holiday every year and notice how expensive stuff has become. I notice it more as I am a single parent living on a tight budget, my shopping trolley has way less in it now compared to say 10 years ago for the same price, its fact this country is expensive now, seems like your just spoiling for a blue.

Cheers Matt

What ever ya reckon Champ, Australia is dear as pioson now, everything from meat to toilet rolls, No one is lying the cost of living here is very expensive, I have been here 16 years and seen everything just keep going up, sometimes yeah you find a bargain. My olds have been coming to Aus from the UK on holiday every year and notice how expensive stuff has become. I notice it more as I am a single parent living on a tight budget, my shopping trolley has way less in it now compared to say 10 years ago for the same price, its fact this country is expensive now, seems like your just spoiling for a blue.

Cheers Matt

Toilet rolls under 50 cents a roll? thought that was good myself,

Things are going up? Hate to tell you, but this is happening the world over not just in OZ

Guest Guest16631

I am not saying that there would not be less in your trolly than a year ago inflation is world wide just that i didnt think it was that more expensive over all than the uk , as i said before it also depends on how you live,I do grow some fruit and make a lot of things at home.

Guest guest37336

Bit off topic Geoff,:wubclub:.

But how are you and your family mate, must have been great to be back together AND back in your 'home' that is Australia, dead jealous my friend, but hopefully not long now for us.

Of course there wouldn't be any need to ask you this if you had responded to my PM, bloody knew it, once back over there you have forgot your mates stuck back here,:biglaugh::wubclub::biglaugh:

Cheers Tony.:wink:

Bit off topic Geoff,:wubclub:.

But how are you and your family mate, must have been great to be back together AND back in your 'home' that is Australia, dead jealous my friend, but hopefully not long now for us.

Of course there wouldn't be any need to ask you this if you had responded to my PM, bloody knew it, once back over there you have forgot your mates stuck back here,:biglaugh::wubclub::biglaugh:

Sorry mate just back on line :notworthy::wubclub:

Guest guest37336
Sorry mate just back on line :notworthy::wubclub:

No need to apologise Geoff, :wubclub:.

Just make sure you have the coffee pot on for when I get to visit you mate.:jiggy::jiggy:

Guest Guest40285
Toilet rolls under 50 cents a roll? thought that was good myself,

Things are going up? Hate to tell you, but this is happening the world over not just in OZ

Yep they are going up fair call, but Aus seems to be going up way faster, Just look at housing, hate to tell me..............Oh you shouldn't lol.

Guest siamsusie

I will accept Tracy's version of the price of loo rolls! Loose paper on a soggy bit of cardboard versus Quilton Long Sheets incoporating a free chrome lop roll holder... sheer class!

Welcome back Geoff good to see you back on line.

Susie x

I will accept Tracy's version of the price of loo rolls! Loose paper on a soggy bit of cardboard versus Quilton Long Sheets incoporating a free chrome lop roll holder... sheer class!

Welcome back Geoff good to see you back on line.

Susie x

NO NO!!!!! Not the sand paper brands yuck and ouch :wideeyed:

I do most of the shopping anyway :tongue: very sexist Susie :policeman::biglaugh:

Guest siamsusie
Brilliant to see you back online.

Oh yes LEMONS $2.00 for a bag of 6 at Nightcliff market on Sunday.

I am too much a lady to mention the price of lemons:cute:

Archived