Perth..I'm going to need some new friends!

Evian33

Hi Peeps,

After years of trying to get to Australia, we were finally granted our Visa's on Wed, I sent off the final paperwork Tues eve before netball and woke up Wed morning to get a 'yes' straight away. Totally shocked as I was expecting to wait a couple of months for a decision.

I cried with relief as I had done it all on my own without any help. I haven't been on here for ages as I was despondent due to encountering one hurdle after another. BUT we are here and now I have a lot to organise. Any hints and tips about what I should do from here on in would be greatly appreciated. We are looking to move to Perth between Nov and December.

I know it's a long way off but I would love to make friends with some of you (not all of you ha ha) and would eventually like to meet up as I think it would be nice. I am a positive friendly person and would like to meet like minded people. I have 3 children and I'm a little afraid to be honest but I shall be alright. I find myself looking around me taking things in a lot more and quietly thinking ..this is the last time that we will be doing this or that...

Also I'd like to hear any stories about your last few months here in the UK and how you all fared.

Look forward to hearing from you

Nora:jiggy:

Congratulations on your visa. I found the last few months to be bittersweet, excited about migrating but sad that we were leaving family and friends. I found leaving friends a little more difficult - with family members we knew that they'd be coming out to see us so whilst sad it didn't have that ' OMG i'll never see you again' sort of feeling that I encountered with some close friends. Try to enjoy the the time before the move, we visited places we'd not got around to (spent a glorious long weekend in Edinburgh) and made some lovely memories to bring with us.

Good Luck

Ali x

Congratulations on getting your visa & well done for doing it on your own.

Enjoy the time you have left in the UK, it will go quickly!!

We stayed south of the river as I have a lot of family there. The area's are Rockingham, Waikiki, Warnbro, Port Kennedy, Secret Harbour & Mandurah. You could look them up on the net & do some research yourself. I loved it there, plenty of shopping area's & beaches & good train links with the city.

Good luck with your final plans, have a safe journey & a wonderful new life in Oz.

Guest outnumbered

Hi Nora

Congratulations on your visa!!!

We are moving to Perth end of Feb. There's me (35), dh (38), Callum (10), Bo (4 1/2) and Farran (3 today!).

If you want to chat, then feel free to pm me. Like you, Im excited but a little nervous about the move.

Liz

Mahoosive Congrats. The time will soon go. We bought web cams for all the family & a couple of very close friends before we left so that we can stay in touch. We've been here for 8 months now & love it & have felt very at home from the word go. We talk to our families every week too on the skype, so probably end up seeing more of them now then we did when we were in the uk! LOL

We live SOR close to Mandurah at the moment. If we can help with anything, please ask. All the best with your plans X

Guest outnumbered
Hi Liz,

Thanks for commenting, wow, exciting times ahead for you then!! So close, where are you moving to?

Nora

Not sure yet, we are being put up in temporary accommodation for the first month so will (hopefully) sort out where we are going to settle during that time.

Archived