A little bit scared but a BIG bit excited!

Harpersgirl

Hello everyone!

My husband has just accepted a job offer and we'll be making the move late Apr/early May from Silly Suffolk to Sunny Perth. WOW!!!!

All seems a bit surreal at the moment especially as I've only just got round to putting away the Xmas decorations and realised that there is no point to stashing them away in the loft again. So it appears packing has commenced...although as you can see procrastination has claimed another willing victim! :wink:

Making the move will be myself, husband Simon, DS 20, DS 6 and DD 3... hoping that DD23 and DD20 will be coming too but they're a bit unsure at the moment. Fingers crossed they'll see the light eh! DS 25 is hoping to come out later in the year. Oh and can't leave Gypsy behind... She's our black lab.

Have been scanning the Forums for info avidly all week and am sure we'll be back with plenty of ??? for you knowledgeable folks. First thing that springs to mind tho...

Is it normal to feel so scared one moment then so excited the next?!

Angie

Guest spongy42

Hi Angie yep the rollercoaster of emotions is normal :-)

weve only recently just over a month now become poms in oz lol and love it lots of things take a while to get used to but for us its been worth it

good luck hope your move and new life in oz goes smoothly x

Hello everyone!

My husband has just accepted a job offer and we'll be making the move late Apr/early May from Silly Suffolk to Sunny Perth. WOW!!!!

All seems a bit surreal at the moment especially as I've only just got round to putting away the Xmas decorations and realised that there is no point to stashing them away in the loft again. So it appears packing has commenced...although as you can see procrastination has claimed another willing victim! :wink:

Making the move will be myself, husband Simon, DS 20, DS 6 and DD 3... hoping that DD23 and DD20 will be coming too but they're a bit unsure at the moment. Fingers crossed they'll see the light eh! DS 25 is hoping to come out later in the year. Oh and can't leave Gypsy behind... She's our black lab.

Have been scanning the Forums for info avidly all week and am sure we'll be back with plenty of ??? for you knowledgeable folks. First thing that springs to mind tho...

Is it normal to feel so scared one moment then so excited the next?!

Angie

Have you been to Perth before ? ... a beautiful place ... lots of ex Brits ... glorious beaches and weather ... and Yes , it is very normal to feel excited then really scared ... it will all fade away once you land in in that lovely State ...

Thanks for your replies guys :wubclub:

I have visited Perth before Bottler... back in 2003 but only for a few days. My husband worked there for 2 years tho from 2001 til 2003. Loved it then and always wanted to come back at some point and looks like our dream is about to come true eh!

Getting a bit more used to the idea now and am happier now that I know five of my six kids are coming... The eldest is 25 and hopes he might visit later in the year.

Simon's job will be in Floreat so we're trying to suss out whereabouts to rent. Both of us are keen on SOR so thinking maybe Melville area but are also considering Stirling, NOR. Whichever we plan on a holiday let for 6 weeks or so to get a better idea first. We want a good primary school so that will be a big consideration too.

Angie

Guest Guest47308
Hello!

Welcome to PIO!

I know exactly how you are feeling as I am feeling the same! I fly out to Perth in 18 days!:arghh:

OMG, i can not wait to post the same message emmaroo........I would be bursting at the seams with excitment LOL

Good Luck in Perth, i am very envious :laugh:

PerkiPie

Guest Guest47308
Thanks for your replies guys :wubclub:

I have visited Perth before Bottler... back in 2003 but only for a few days. My husband worked there for 2 years tho from 2001 til 2003. Loved it then and always wanted to come back at some point and looks like our dream is about to come true eh!

Getting a bit more used to the idea now and am happier now that I know five of my six kids are coming... The eldest is 25 and hopes he might visit later in the year.

Simon's job will be in Floreat so we're trying to suss out whereabouts to rent. Both of us are keen on SOR so thinking maybe Melville area but are also considering Stirling, NOR. Whichever we plan on a holiday let for 6 weeks or so to get a better idea first. We want a good primary school so that will be a big consideration too.

Angie

Good luck Harpersgirl, we are hoping to go to the same places as you so keep us updated on your progress!!!

PerkiPie :wink:

Archived