I am officially an Aussie again

tracy123

No I don't have a mullet Pablo :biglaugh:

Bought my first pair of thongs (flip flops) today and gee it felt great to wiggle my toes again.

Why on earth people want to wear shoes on a hot day is beyond me. I feel so liberated, it's great.... For all of you whinge bags that look down on Aussie thong wearers, get out and try it......

Next on my list, cooking Aussie sausages on one of the many free bbq's Australia has to offer :jiggy:

Guest guest30038

Bought my first pair of thongs (flip flops) today and gee it felt great to wiggle my toes again.

Congrats Geoff.

Just been told that I'm athritic, particularly in my feet and hips. The doc said wear good support shoes at all times, even around the house................in Qld? WTF? You only live once and I couldn't think of a more miserable existence (for me) than sitting in front of the telly with shoes on.

Rock on the thongs....................I've got a No 4..............will that qualify as a mullet? :biglaugh:

kev

Thanks for the picture Geoff, personally I always take my socks off:laugh:

Glad you settling in well mate, duck to water springs to mind:wink:

2961010513_cc5fca983a.jpg

Guest sh7t man no way

so an aussie buys flip flops,and has a free barbie--a rather restricting way of life for aussies then--surley there must be more to australia than that mate:no:theres heaps of people on pio dreaming of living in australia---got to be more to it than that surley--glad your an aussie now mate--well done:notworthy:

Guest flakey

once an aussie always an aussie i say:notworthy:

or to put it another way " you can take the monkey out of the jungle......"

:wink:

so an aussie buys flip flops,and has a free barbie--a rather restricting way of life for aussies then--surley there must be more to australia than that mate:no:theres heaps of people on pio dreaming of living in australia---got to be more to it than that surley--glad your an aussie now mate--well done:notworthy:

Mate..... A simple life for a simple person

Pure bliss

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Sounds great buddy, enjoy it, you have suffered beyond belief having to live in Blackburn for the last several years lol, and you deserve it, let the good times begin.

Guest guest30038
$4 I bought the designer brand :biglaugh:

$4? WTF? You could've bought a lemon!.........probably look better on yer trotters than thongs :biglaugh:

kev

"One of the worst things about life is not how nasty the nasty people are.You know that already. It is how nasty the nice people can be"

Anthony Powell,

Guest guest17301

Thongs are one of the most liberating things you can wear, how easy are they? You

just slip em on...slip em off...I live in thongs apart from when I'm working and I have to wear 'sensible shoes' I keep a pair of thongs in the car for between clients though. Thats one of the things I love about Australia, not having to get fifteen layers plus socks/boots on etc just to walk the dog, the less you wear the freer you feel and that includes footwear. I cant believe I never wore thongs before moving here, I thought they would chafe my toes! Now I have a pair for every occasion, walking thongs/beach thongs/posh thongs/ The best bit is they only cost about $6, pay $30 and you get la creme de la thong....

Thongs are one of the most liberating things you can wear, how easy are they? You

just slip em on...slip em off...I live in thongs apart from when I'm working and I have to wear 'sensible shoes' I keep a pair of thongs in the car for between clients though. Thats one of the things I love about Australia, not having to get fifteen layers plus socks/boots on etc just to walk the dog, the less you wear the freer you feel and that includes footwear. I cant believe I never wore thongs before moving here, I thought they would chafe my toes! Now I have a pair for every occasion, walking thongs/beach thongs/posh thongs/ The best bit is they only cost about $6, pay $30 and you get la creme de la thong....

I love the idea of having thongs for every occasion, especially posh thongs! :jiggy:

Guest guest17301
I love the idea of having thongs for every occasion, especially posh thongs! :jiggy:

Lol, was never any good with heels and seems even less of a reason to wear them here, just finish an outfit off with a nice pair of glittery/spangly/diamante encrusted thongs!! Nice and comfy.:yes:

Guest guest37336

Hi Geoff.

I hope you remembered at customs clearance to hand over your sense of humour and personality, your dress sense, half your brain, the 'culture' you picked up from the UK, to once again put that chip back on your shoulder and remember DO NOT shorten any names anymore.

If not 'some' are going to be very disappointed in you mate.:wink::wink:

Cheers Tony.:wink::cool:

Lol, was never any good with heels and seems even less of a reason to wear them here, just finish an outfit off with a nice pair of glittery/spangly/diamante encrusted thongs!! Nice and comfy.:yes:

:yes:I am the same. Can't be doing with heels. Yep, spangly thongs (that's the flip-flop variety thanks Geoff :tongue:) to finish off an outfit will suit me down to the ground.

:jiggy:

:yes:I am the same. Can't be doing with heels. Yep, spangly thongs (that's the flip-flop variety thanks Geoff :tongue:) to finish off an outfit will suit me down to the ground.

:jiggy:

Come on you like the idea of going down from a size 12 thong, to a size 6 thong in one hit :wink: :skeptical: :wubclub: :embarrassed:

Come on you like the idea of going down from a size 12 thong, to a size 6 thong in one hit :wink: :skeptical: :wubclub: :embarrassed:

Yep - I'll give you that. :wubclub: Highly unlikely though. Especially after the cornish pastie I've just scoffed and the roast lamb I'm doing later....:no:

Yep - I'll give you that. :wubclub: Highly unlikely though. Especially after the cornish pastie I've just scoffed and the roast lamb I'm doing later....:no:

Kinky!!!! Maybe New Zealand might be a better place for you to go... I hear they like doing lamb :Randy-git: what ever that means :embarrassed:

Guest guest30038

WARNING! Dampener :cry:

Recently informed by my GP that one of the reasons that I have athritis in my hips and feet is because I wear thongs :shocked: The reasoning being that thongs have a tendency to cause you to grip the thong with your toes.........it wouldn't stay on your feet if you didn't, although the gripping is a subconscious (although physical) thing that you don't even realise that you're doing.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that the only thongs I've ever worn are those with the strap over your foot as opposed to the strap between your toes...................the fact that I've climbed many Munroes and walked hundreds of ks at 40 k a day didn't seem to convince hime that the thongs were innocent.............coming from a GP that hails from Vietnam, I'm a bit uss about his thongophobia :biglaugh:

kev

Guest guest17301

I saw a physio that warned me off walking for many kms in thongs, no foot arch support was his theory...they're sooo comfy though, how can they be bad?

Archived