I am officially an Aussie again

tracy123

WARNING! Dampener :cry:

Recently informed by my GP that one of the reasons that I have athritis in my hips and feet is because I wear thongs :shocked: The reasoning being that thongs have a tendency to cause you to grip the thong with your toes.........it wouldn't stay on your feet if you didn't, although the gripping is a subconscious (although physical) thing that you don't even realise that you're doing.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that the only thongs I've ever worn are those with the strap over your foot as opposed to the strap between your toes...................the fact that I've climbed many Munroes and walked hundreds of ks at 40 k a day didn't seem to convince hime that the thongs were innocent.............coming from a GP that hails from Vietnam, I'm a bit uss about his thongophobia :biglaugh:

kev

Oh bugger. That is a bit of a dampner. I guess I'll just have to buy lots of other kinds of shoes too so that I have other options. :jiggy:There's always a solution which involves more shopping you know Kev. :wink:

Guest flakey
I saw a physio that warned me off walking for many kms in thongs, no foot arch support was his theory...they're sooo comfy though, how can they be bad?

He could be right fiona Flip-flops are your arch enemy, podiatrist warns

I've got a pair of crocs that I could happily spend 24 hours a day in, arch support and no claw toe. Why is it the comfy stuff make you look such a weirdo

I've got a pair of crocs that I could happily spend 24 hours a day in, arch support and no claw toe. Why is it the comfy stuff make you look such a weirdo

I know loads of people who swear by crocs. But they are so ugly. Maybe I'll have to get myself a pair anyway for around the house.

Guest guest17301

10335_side_001.jpg

My work shoes....unfortunately I lost one, think it fell out of car door due to my need to change to thongs every time I start driving! Cannot have toes covered in 40d heat

Guest guest30038

Do you need comfy stuff when you've got your past, and in particular, recent departing performance, to help you along?

"One of the worst things about life is not how nasty the nasty people are.You know that already. It is how nasty the nice people can be"

Anthony Powell,

Guest flakey
Do you need comfy stuff when you've got you past, and in particular, recent departing performance, to help you along?

"One of the worst things about life is not how nasty the nasty people are.You know that already. It is how nasty the nice people can be"

Anthony Powell,

are you drunk:eek:

Guest flakey
No, just straight up................unlike some.

No More Mr. Nice Guy

you're losing it mate, get some sleep:wubclub:

Guest guest30038
you're losing it mate, get some sleep:wubclub:

Thanks for your concern, but I was awake all last night, so slept this arvo, which now keeps me awake tonight :rolleyes:

Please don't worry about my welfare, you have your own, to worry about.................I mean? why would you want to re-invent yourself? :goofy:

kev

No More Mr. Nice Guy

Guest The Ropey HOFF
What about barefoot, worked for cavemen?

Talking about cavemen fi, ................ you have a secret admirer............ Mr Helmet, he says you were his PIO woman in a by gone age.............. do you recognise his wording, he was quite adamant about it.

:policeman:

Archived