State sponsored want to move other state

ritu

Hi to all....

Happy New year 2011,Now i am settled my life in Victoria.since November.I am state viictoria sponsored 176 visa catagory.I have lot of friends in sydney and job offer.I want to move to Sydney.Is it possible move to Sydney without inform to Victoria state.Otherwise what is the procedure to change the state.

My freinds are suggest no need to inform the sponsored state,because the TFN and Medicare everything is common.they dont know where are you living in Australia?

My agent told the state which sponsored you,must live two years then only you can change the location.

Please reply me...Advance thanks to all

Kindly regards,

Ritu

It has been discussed here a squillion times before. It is a moral not a legal obligation.

I do wish they would close the loophole though, because so many people take sponsorship places from people that genuinely would commit to the state.

You would think they would cancel the Visa though wouldnt you? but apprently not!

Personally i would stick the 2yrs out, i would be gratefull of the visa and being able to move out. 2yrs is nothing considering after that you can move where ever you want. Sure you can anyway, but you know what i mean.

2yrs flies past.

You could swap your 176 with me and move to wet and cold yorkshire if you want? id gladly suffer the "torture" of Melbourne. :clown-laugh:

Guest Noodle

As it has been said - you are under MORAL obligation not LEGAL. One of these days someone is going to be made an example of, they are tightening things up and 'trying' to get things right and after all is that not one of the reasons why we are all going there.

Guest scorpio123

People should not take advantages of moral obligation. If the percentage of changing the state is higher, DIAC will put some legal obligation someday.

Like noodles said, one day someone will be made an example of. If its part of the visa conditions i don't see why they can't cancel it anyway. I guess at the minute they are turning a blind eye and not wanting the costs of monitoring / tracking down these people. They have PR status usually after all....

this has been discussed in multiple threads on here in PIO. there have been few experts who have given their opinions. Sandra & Gill have pretty much answered all of the questions that can be asked in this regard.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/94967-visa-176-obligation-live-work-another-state.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/93012-can-176-visa-condition-2-yrs-work-live-same-state-removed.html

Guest TheStig
It has been discussed here a squillion times before. It is a moral not a legal obligation.

I do wish they would close the loophole though, because so many people take sponsorship places from people that genuinely would commit to the state.

176s should be temporary visas and made permernant only after applicant has completed 2 yrs stay in the sponsored state and in their nominated occupation to realise its true benefits. Then again it might be just me.

176s should be temporary visas and made permernant only after applicant has completed 2 yrs stay in the sponsored state and in their nominated occupation to realise its true benefits. Then again it might be just me.

Yes I think so. There are so many applicants who would have been grateful for the opportunity Victoria offered, whereas OP clearly has made no effort to make things work in Victoria and never intended to. :mad:

Me being one of them, nsw near Sydney preffered, but I could cope with the scary clown face in the middle of town if I had to!

Guest kingofthedesert

Moral obligation..if one needs explaining to might as well not.

Quite agree, we are WA sponsored will settle down in wa, pay taxes in wa, and maybe many

many years later i hope to have my ashes scattered in western australian desert.

kingofthedesert...geddit?

many regards to all

I'm sure I read somewhere that the state send you something to fill in every 6 months ... is that still the case?

I thought that was the case too Ali, been in Adelaide nearly a month and haven't heard a peep from the Government though??

Ive done Medicare, TFN, Driving Licenses, Registered the dog etc etc so they must know i'm here??

Guest Sebbers
I'm sure I read somewhere that the state send you something to fill in every 6 months ... is that still the case?

I was of the same opinion, however, I read on another forum that WA have decided not to bother with the settlement questionnaires now, not sure if that is the case, will contact them after our arrival

From what I can remember ACT expect you to check-in with them every 6 months and update them of your latest address you may have, etc.

Saying that we are not there yet but have not heard anything to say this has changed.

Regards

Claire

Guest Noodle

Victoria have sent through an initial survey, we have not filled in all in yet (thats cos' OH is doing it!!!) and they have not chased us yet. Leila x

Why not get in touch with the immigration office for the State of Victoria and discuss it with them?

They'll probably be OK with it, and it does get around the moral obligation angle if you speak to them first. If you're struggling to find work locally then they won't have a problem.

• 2 months later...
Guest VickyMel

VIC do seem to have some way of checking (they have known a person applied to more than one state even though the person had not stated it in their application) and I have seen someone mention another state that had bought the subject up - since the new state quota system came in.

But waiting for a state and not knowing is pretty awful especially when you want to be moving forward.

Archived