Any one got a successful ACS assessment as ?ICT Business Analyst - 261111?

Guest Shimmer Girl

Guest Shimmer Girl

Hi All,

I'm new here.:wubclub:

I just need some help regarding my ACS assessment. I have both bachelors and masters in IT and planing to get myself assessed as ICT Business Analyst - 261111.

I have five years experience in Telco domain, but there's a bit of a problem with my designation, it goes as Product Development Executive but my day today job tasks involve the tasks as explained in both ABS and ACS sites.

My queries;

• I can get a letter from my employer but my designation will be Product Development Executive will it be a problem for ACS?

• When I write this letter do I have to mention about the individual project I have carried out like most programmers and software engineers does? Problem is when it comes to programmers they can say that they used different technologies & programming languages for each and every project, but I don't really undrstand how to go to that minute level & is it really necessary for this BA ANZSCO?

Highly appreciate your feedback & hoping this thread would be useful for future applicants going to take a similar route :wubclub:

Your job title or designation is not important, what matters are the responsibilities you hold and the tasks you carry out as part of your work. You should produce a detailed letter which can be endorsed by your employer and printed on company letterhead etc. For this you'll obviously have to be open with your company about what you are doing and why etc. You really need to emphasise BA type activities you've completed and detail the projects they formed part of.

You may wish to consider using a migration agent to assist with the skills assessment process. Whilst they won't produce the letter for you, they will help emphasise the BA related activities and provide assistance with your CV (in addition to paperwork processing etc) I used Stephen Dickson from MOA who was very helpful and charged a very reasonable fee as I used him for the ACS Assessment work only. As this is the first step of the migration ladder I considered this money very well spent.

Depending upon which state you are thinking of applying to you may also consider doing your IELTS tests at this time, as booking a test and waiting for results etc. can take a number of weeks.

Guest Shimmer Girl

Thanks for responses.. Not much of problem getting the letter from HR but...I have a doubt on how I cover those tasks in projects.

In general I can say my responsibilities as ..... But if I try to list the same for individual projects I feel like I'm repeating the same list and doesn't make much sense.... little example on how to do this would be highly appreciated.

In your reference make sure the job responsibilities are listed, for which approx 70% should be made up of BA related tasks and activities. Start the referene by introducing yourself and saying how long you've worked there etc. Later in the reference just provide a paragraph for each major project you've worked on and state what role you played in it. This may repeat some of the activities from your job role but the objective is to provide context and proof around how you have actually applied those skills in a real life environment.

As you are not applying for RPL the project reports need not be detailed, just a summary. It's unlikely you'll have used all BA type tasks in each and every one of them so try and show how you've applied different skills to different projects over the past number of years. It's the sort of stuff that should be included on your CV, although I would expect the reference letter to contain more detail than the CV.

Hi Shimmer Girl

I got a sucessful assesment from ACS for BA and my reference was just two pages with the Job title Database Software Engineer. they assigned me as software engineerfirst. Then i reapplied they turned it into business analysit

Your reference needs to be to the point, they are not interested the projects you did because there will be alot repeating information and this is not RPL application. I recall once reading someone add 30 pages of project information to their application. It took acs longer to process the application, and they contact the employer

My reference was bullet points about my duites from the projects(not repeating any skills) like

• workships
  • requirements gathering
  • Investigate stateholder impacts
  • Documentation of new system requirements and diagrams
  • and so

The reference need the mode of the role(pt or ft) and the hours. Start

Guest Shimmer Girl
Hi Shimmer Girl

I got a sucessful assesment from ACS for BA and my reference was just two pages with the Job title Database Software Engineer. they assigned me as software engineerfirst. Then i reapplied they turned it into business analysit

Your reference needs to be to the point, they are not interested the projects you did because there will be alot repeating information and this is not RPL application. I recall once reading someone add 30 pages of project information to their application. It took acs longer to process the application, and they contact the employer

My reference was bullet points about my duites from the projects(not repeating any skills) like

• workships

• requirements gathering

• and so

Great info & thanks a lot for the share UFO :cool:

• 6 months later...
Hi Shimmer Girl

• workships

• requirements gathering

• and so

I think I might have to reapply to ACS under same circumstances as you, did they charge you again and did you have to send much off in the way of further information? Thanks

• 1 year later...
Hi Shimmer Girl

• workships

• requirements gathering

• and so

Hi UFO,

Thanx for the information. I'm preparing my job reference letters for ICT Business Analyst to submit to ACS. It will be a great help if you can give me a complete job reference letter.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kavita1710

Hi,

I plan to start the immigration process with ACS skill assessment for ICT business analyst role. Can someone please help and share a sample reference letter?

Also, can you please share a sample statuatory document as it would not be possible for me to obtain the letter from HR.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I am in the process of applying for my ASC assessment under BA role. Can someone tell me if it should be a RPL / skill assessment.

I dont have any formal IT degree but I am a commerce graduate and working as BA for 6 years now!

Help!!!

Thanks

Lavanya

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

I am applying for Skill Assesment as a Business Analyst.

I have more than 6 years of experience as BA working across different geographies.

I need some help regarding my Work Experience Document.

Could anyone please mail me a sample Experience Document (You can remove the details, i just need the template).

Cheers,

Amit

• 9 months later...
Hi Shimmer Girl

• workships

• requirements gathering

• and so

Dear all ,

i planning to submit my paper for ACS but i have one issue , one of the company which i have worked in not exist any more , but i have work experience paper from my manager during my working time , my question is , will the ACS people contact my Employer to verify ? in this case what should i do ??

please advice ...

thanks

• 5 years later...

Hi all,

My old positive ACS assessment which was for Software Engineer 261313 is now expired. Meanwhile, I have got 482 TSS and currently working in Australia and while lodging the application for 482 the consultant lodged my profile as ICT BA 261111.

Now, I want to again apply for ACS, please let me know for which code shall I again apply. ICT BA or SE?

Question2: if now I apply for ACS with BA code then can ACS change my previous exp or skill from SE to BA. I will get points for SE or BA in-case I apply for 189/190.

Also, My employer is going to provide sponsorship for 186 ENS visa and for that I should have an active assessment.  Please let me know what will be the result of my assessment if I can re-apply for assessment and change the code.