Newbies needing advice please

Leach Family

Hi all.......first time posting so hope im doing it right!? (sorry if not)

We are hoping to start our visa process soon and move to Brisbane. We have visited Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane over the last 3years and love them all but think Brisbane best meets all our needs.

We are having to wait as i have not got 12months recent work experience! I have been working in education but not early years. I am BA (Hons) Early Childhood qualified and have previous experince but was 8years ago. I have completed voluntry work in Early years over past 12months whilst qualifying but this wont be enough for assessment purposes, i dont think?

My husband is a Civil Engineer and works for himself over here successfully managing his own business for 2years.....but hes not qualified!? He has over 12years experience but other than completing the CDR route not sure how he would qualify?

We are 100% commited to emigrating but like most are finding all the small print and changes very confusing.:confused:

Again not sure if this is the right place to ask but any help, support or advice about our situation would be grately appreciated.

Many Thanks......we look forward to talking to others in a similar situation x

Guest VickyMel

Welcome to PIO

If your husband runs his own business maybe a business visa is an option.

Why not get one of the initial free interviews that many of the agents will provide. They may also be able to advise you on your options.

There is a section on here where only agents post - you will find a few in there

Agents Information - PomsInOz Forum

Check out a few - after that do a search on their name on here to see who people recommend (there are loads of threads on that topic too).

Good luck, hopefully a few more people will come with advise soon - may be a bit slow given the time of year.

VickyMel

If your husband runs his own business maybe a business visa is an option

I should just point out here that a business visa is not often one that a self employed professional can use because no more than 50% of the proferssional's working hours can be working IN the business, which is not usually the case for most.

A professional must calculate how many hours are spent generating fee income and how many hours are spent managing the business. If the latter exceeds 50% then a business visa MAY be possible.

It is small wonder that you are still confused ... the visa process for Australia is dire. First off, welcome to PIO. And secondly, prepare for spending a long time in getting ready to emigrate. it is good you have made a decision - you will make it here, that we can assume is certain. The uncertainties before you are all resolvable - and for that you need patience, the information available on this forum, and probably a good migration agent. If you have that, then all you have to do is fill in the forms, wait, fill in more forms, wonder why it is taking so long, fill in some more forms .... and before you know it, you are here. Filling in forms!

Relax and enjoy the process - I think you will find the wait is worthwhile.

Hi Leach Family and welcome to PIO. Have you spoke with an agent to see what their take on the best type of visa for you or hubby? Most offer a free consultation to set you on the right track.

Good Luck with it all, applying and waitingggggggggggggggggg is soooo frustrating but as Docboat says I'm sure you will get here eventually.

Cal x

Archived