Dog collars, leads etc.....

mj&db

Hi All,

Does anyone know if you can you take your dogs collars, leads, harnesses and bowls in normal luggage?

We really don't want to have to pay for new stuff when we get there nor do we want to pay anymore on shipping if possible.

Also with regards to collars, do they need to wear them when flying? If yes, do they destroy them upon arrival as they do with blankets from the crate.

Thanks in advance.

Danielle

Hi All,

Does anyone know if you can you take your dogs collars, leads, harnesses and bowls in normal luggage?

We really don't want to have to pay for new stuff when we get there nor do we want to pay anymore on shipping if possible.

Also with regards to collars, do they need to wear them when flying? If yes, do they destroy them upon arrival as they do with blankets from the crate.

Thanks in advance.

Danielle

:biglaugh:...course you can......just wash them in the dish washer .......they are after dirty shoes , tents and dirty jocks ........not dog collars pal .......ive had them sent in the post ...all ok ........make sure your shoes are clean ..they did me on that , golf shoes.......i brought all sorts over tho, spices,old footy boots caked in mud but still in their boot bag , whicker gear ...the lot i even brought a bone camping knife over that i wrapped in a sleeping bag with boots , so if they mentioned it i would just say it was my camping gear ...end off .........all they do is find one or two items that they dont like so that they can charge us i got a $50 bill for cleaning my golf shoes , they wasnt even worth that much but i didnt know if they had my best shoes or the cheapo ones .........best bet is to bang some diry shoes in so they can see them and they will phone you , tell them to destroy them ........they are off your back then....

Hi,

They are not permitted to wear them when flying for safety - so no point in handing them over to the petmover.

Like you I plan to take collars/ leads in my luggage as IF they are a problem this will be free to resolve v's paying for fumigation/destruction via shipping. Plus I think i'll need them for the dogs before my container arrives (and after it leaves in the UK)

I can't remember the wording on the arrival form but I think it might say you have to declare anything that has come into contact with animals, in which case I will just make sure they are super clean and show them. I've had to show other items before and never had a problem at the airport by being upfront. In any case it is at least free to dump them there (unlike in your container)

Yes you can take them but no one in Oz seems bothered to put their dog's on leads.

dont listen to this person , they dont have a clue ...this anti Oz guy and his merry mates are out to cause trouble and slag Oz off ,they are as we know , full of it as most people on here already know ....but i will stand my ground .........play your game guys.....as it will soon be over ......have your fun while you can....:yes:

That really depends where you are, australia has really strict leash laws that are well enforced in built up/ suburban areas (sadly)

I meant people train their dogs to either walk by their side or not run off.

Thank you everyone. I will give them a good in the washing maching before I go then! As you have all said worst case scenario I have to chuck them and buy new. Probably cheaper than shipping and then fumigating them!

Re dog walking, I am moving to Sydney and unfortunately most areas they have to be on a lead. Even the beaches which is a shame as my lil girl in particular LOVES to swim! Have to go up the coast to all the deserted beaches regularly for her to get her fix! There are however parks with "off leash" areas so looking at moving to a suburb that has plenty. My two are used to running around the Sussex Downs for hours so they will get super FAT if they never get off the lead.

Good luck with the move.

We did a reccie a couple of years back on sydney dog parks - I literally marked them all on a map and visited dozens!

I'm not sure if it's improved but it was pretty bleak tbh.

The only one that was sizeable for a decent walk was centennial park - even then nothing like the downs! Other than that it was generally small areas for off leash fetch before a leash walk really.

Although having said that bondi rescue on TV shows plenty of dogs and they're officially not allowed on the beach, so perhaps it's just flouted a lot.

Good luck with the move.

We did a reccie a couple of years back on sydney dog parks - I literally marked them all on a map and visited dozens!

I'm not sure if it's improved but it was pretty bleak tbh.

The only one that was sizeable for a decent walk was centennial park - even then nothing like the downs! Other than that it was generally small areas for off leash fetch before a leash walk really.

Although having said that bondi rescue on TV shows plenty of dogs and they're officially not allowed on the beach, so perhaps it's just flouted a lot.

Yeah we have marked all the suburbs around Centennial Park!! Some good parks around Maroubra area as well I believe.

It's costing us fortune to get them there and now I have realised they are also the main deciding factor on where and what type of house we live in......must be mad but luckily I love them!

It's costing us fortune to get them there and now I have realised they are also the main deciding factor on where and what type of house we live in......must be mad but luckily I love them!

Same here, but if they're happy we are :biggrin:

Archived