WA SMP - Has anyone been appointed a CO yet?

Guest Sue1203

Guest ian & jo
We are September 2009 also and i want a CO! Starting to feel a bit left out, wonder if some of us already have co,s but just dont know it yet heres hoping anyway!

ME TOO!!!! Really hope we don't have to wait much longer, the continuous checking & re checking online status every 5 minutes is driving me mad!!!:wacko: Jo x

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Mate,

Yes, we did our Meds and PCC back in April 2010.

Hopefully we should have the grant soon.

John

Congrats John.

I'm just having a sneaky look whilst in NYC and it's great to see plenty of movement even though it's not in date order!!

We have had everything submitted since beginning of Dec and we still haven't had our visa granted yet. Looking at Connies cat 2 thread there have been quite a few waiting for 2-3 weeks after they submitted meds and Pccs.

Well done John for finally finding a CO!

Guest GemandJay

If I did try to call DIAC would they speak to me A) because we're using an agent and B) cos my OH is main applicant, when I sent an email for more info they emailed me back saying they couldn't answer me as my email address wasn't registered with them (obviously our agent is, not us)?

If I did try to call DIAC would they speak to me A) because we're using an agent and B) cos my OH is main applicant, when I sent an email for more info they emailed me back saying they couldn't answer me as my email address wasn't registered with them (obviously our agent is, not us)?

Hi Gemma, I think that you would have to go through your agent.

Guest antipope
Hi everyone,

We are June09 and i was told on the 5th of January that we still have no case officer:( Im really quite peed off to tell you the truth as to how they are processing the applications. So i sent another PLE yesterday and im going to phone them tonight..

Thats my wee rant over for the day....:army-unhappy:

I completely understand, we applied may 09, so there seems to be plenty of us around that applied way back and haven't heard a thing.

We are September 2009 also and i want a CO! Starting to feel a bit left out, wonder if some of us already have co,s but just dont know it yet heres hoping anyway!

I feel the same I have even seen electricans from September 10 getting CO's and we put ours in 8 days before the shake up in September 09 I have no idea how they are allocating ..........

Guest antipope

If this is the case isn't here a time limit to get meds and pcc's done? Is there a chance that we could miss a deadline we don't know about?

I think everyone should keep the faith. I too was getting so frustrated at the whole process and got the news yesterday that we got our case officer. Having started the whole process back in January 2009 we have had so many ups and downs along the way. Two things I found important to remember are as follows. The first is the reason we have decided to move to Australia is to give our kids and ourselves a better way of life. By focusing on this the whole way through we have finally learned to deal with obstacles along the way. Learn to get over these by saying to yourself, "I will get there Eventually",

Secondly there is no point trying to second guess what DIAC or WA are going to do. Believe me there are loads of people who would give anything to be in Category 2 right now. I know because sure alot of us were in Category 4 this time last year thinking we are doomed and now look at us.

I am a great believer in keeping things positive.I can only pass on what a good friend who is currently in Perth for the last 6 years told me last week. He works in the mines and said the skills shortage is massive. On his project alone they are hiring so many people because of the amount of work now and in the pipeline. He told me the big mining companies are putting pressure on WA Govt to get this sorted. What I take from this is that the list is moving and it appears to be progressing well.

Everyone keep the faith and best of Luck to ALL!!

Guest antipope
I think everyone should keep the faith. I too was getting so frustrated at the whole process and got the news yesterday that we got our case officer. Having started the whole process back in January 2009 we have had so many ups and downs along the way. Two things I found important to remember are as follows. The first is the reason we have decided to move to Australia is to give our kids and ourselves a better way of life. By focusing on this the whole way through we have finally learned to deal with obstacles along the way. Learn to get over these by saying to yourself, "I will get there Eventually",

Secondly there is no point trying to second guess what DIAC or WA are going to do. Believe me there are loads of people who would give anything to be in Category 2 right now. I know because sure alot of us were in Category 4 this time last year thinking we are doomed and now look at us.

I am a great believer in keeping things positive.I can only pass on what a good friend who is currently in Perth for the last 6 years told me last week. He works in the mines and said the skills shortage is massive. On his project alone they are hiring so many people because of the amount of work now and in the pipeline. He told me the big mining companies are putting pressure on WA Govt to get this sorted. What I take from this is that the list is moving and it appears to be progressing well.

Everyone keep the faith and best of Luck to ALL!!

Great post, it is easy to lose sight of the bigger picture though when you are left in the dark, so to speak. If it wasn't for all of you on PIO I wouldn't have had a clue about my application. All the info I have ever received off diac was the receipt for my initial payment on lodging, everything else has come from on here. I wouldn't have known about the SS, never mind the SMP, and when I do finally hear something about my chances of having a CO that's off here as well. It would be so much easier and less stressful if diac gave us a little info now and then.

So thanks to all you PIO'ers, you've kept me (almost) sane.

Guest Sebbers

I think it depends entirely who you get on the other end of the phone when ringing. I called a couple of times, first call I was told can't tell you anything as your not the main applicant and you have an appointed agent. The following night I called and the person I spoke to was happy to give me the info I was asking for after speaking to my oh who gave permission for them to speak to me.

Guest ian & jo
Great post, it is easy to lose sight of the bigger picture though when you are left in the dark, so to speak. If it wasn't for all of you on PIO I wouldn't have had a clue about my application. All the info I have ever received off diac was the receipt for my initial payment on lodging, everything else has come from on here. I wouldn't have known about the SS, never mind the SMP, and when I do finally hear something about my chances of having a CO that's off here as well. It would be so much easier and less stressful if diac gave us a little info now and then.

So thanks to all you PIO'ers, you've kept me (almost) sane.

Here Here!!! I too would like to thank all you fellow PIO's for all your help/advice that have got us to where we are today. God knows where we would be without you all. Hopefully all of us still waiting for CO's & grant's won't have to wait to much longer. Fingers X. :notworthy: Jo xxx

Here Here!!! I too would like to thank all you fellow PIO's for all your help/advice that have got us to where we are today. God knows where we would be without you all. Hopefully all of us still waiting for CO's & grant's won't have to wait to much longer. Fingers X. :notworthy: Jo xxx

I second that without PIO I wouldn't be where I am today as our agent when bust.

We got a CO today !! :jiggy:

175 lodged March 2009, changed to 176 Feb 2010. Good luck to all of you I am sure it won't be long now.

Guest ian & jo
I second that without PIO I wouldn't be where I am today as our agent when bust.

We got a CO today !! :jiggy:

175 lodged March 2009, changed to 176 Feb 2010. Good luck to all of you I am sure it won't be long now.

Congratulations on getting a CO!!!!! :jiggy: Hoping it won't be long before we get one too X

Guest tabatha
Hi Phil and Donna,

If I were you guys, I would call DIAC. My fiance called today and we have had a Case Officer since the end of December. Happy days. Get on the phone !!

YEEEEHAAAA

John

Great news...I applies oct 09 John and like your Girl I'm a cook....So let's hope I hear Soon....When did you apply??????????

Guest tabatha

I'm October 09 too. No CO yet.
Oh well I keep checking and when I get one you'll be the first to hear....Fingers crossed:huh:

Turn me Pink, Purple, Blue or whatever in fact colour me the whole colour of a Rainbow, we have a CO, Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Timeline is as Follows

AQF 3 Gained May 2009

TRA Passed 18th Aug 2009

WA SS Applied 1st Sept 2009

WA SS Granted 5th March 2010

176 Visa Applied 6th April 2010

CO Assigned 12th January 2011

Low Risk Country: UK

Trade: Metal Fabricator

Lynette X

Guest Janjohn

Hi all we received our Case Officer today!!!!!!!!!!!!! (12/1/20011). Our 176 visa was lodged on the 22 July 2010, we have ss for WA, they now want meds and police checks.

I am a nurse, main applicant, my husband is a firefighter.

Fingers crossed we get thru this quickly, can anyone recommend a clinic/panel doctor around the Liverpool area?

Cheers and good luck to all of you waitng and waiting and waiting..................

Hi all we received our Case Officer today!!!!!!!!!!!!! (12/1/20011). Our 176 visa was lodged on the 22 July 2010, we have ss for WA, they now want meds and police checks.

Fingers crossed we get thru this quickly, can anyone recommend a clinic/panel doctor around the Liverpool area?

Cheers and good luck to all of you waitng and waiting and waiting..................

Congratulations! I also lodged on 22 July but no CO yet...

Guest antipope

Just got off the phone with adelaide and yes, we have a CO!!

Allocated at the end of december but not heard anything off them so a few of you maybe have CO's already?

Name: antipope

Date of Visa application: 3rd May 2009

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: Low

Trade/profession: Toolmaker

Visa type: 176

Which State Sponsored: WA

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: 3

Medicals submitted: Not yet

Police check submitted: Not yet

Date CO assigned: 31/12/10

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: ???????????

Guest antipope

I'm pretty sure there is only the 1 panel doctor in the north of england, Dr Million in manchester.

• 4 weeks later...

Name: saru

Date of Visa application: 11 nov 2008

Nationality: indian

High/Low Risk: high

Trade/profession: cook

Visa type: 886

Which State Sponsored: WA

Onshore/offshore: onshore

Pre-November 2010 Category: 2

Medicals submitted: yes

Police check submitted: yes

Date CO assigned: NO

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: ??????????? :SLEEP:

hi i am cat 2 (subclass 886 )applicant from nov 2008 but have not got any CO yet...is there anyone like me???????????????????

Archived